I don't get it, why does it matter if he's a Targaryen or not...

I don't get it, why does it matter if he's a Targaryen or not? I mean it's kind of a neat twist but I don't see how it affects anything or why anyone cares.

Other urls found in this thread:

makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/got-connections-ned-promise-tower-of-joy-infographic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because it makes him the rightful heir to the iron throne

A male Targaryen and child of the last heir has a better claim to the throne than some girl. Plus, he's not a bastard.

because prophecys and shit

It means he can be king

ironthorn is kill

norf for the norfmen

But the Baratheons took control, so it's now the Baratheons that are the royal family and have claim to the throne. Even if Snow is a Targ, wouldn't he have as much claim as anyone else?

It doesn't, and he isn't. It's all bait. Jon stays dead in the books. Source: I have read winds of winter manuscript.

how will they reveal to jon that hes special?

something hacky like danys dragons try to burn him and hes fine

Dragons

bran will just tell him what he saw

He has the same claim, if not more than Dany to the throne

>manuscript
>because a chapter where the POV is switched accurately represents everything that will happen in the book

Dany has a claim to the throne but nobody would acknowledge it, hence why she needs an army

He's a bastard

all baratheons are dead though

at the very least it makes him lord of dragonstone

Technically there are no Baratheons left, and even then, a dynasty is a hard thing to crush. If Dany stakes her claim to the throne as her birthright, there is cause for contention. Even if Jon abdicates, folk will use him as an excuse for another rebellion. They either have to marry, or one has to die.

He has as much claim as any Robert Baratheon's bastards

>one chapter
dude there was much more than that:
>/2g9mqh
just add that after tinyurl link

Rhaegar legitimized him more than likely, especially considering Rhaegar believed he would give birth to Azor Ahai. Seeing as Aegon is probably not in the TV series, there shouldn't be any doubt who Rhaegar thought was the top child.

many people want a targ on the throne. have you seen the show?

No, hes a Targaryen.

Who has said that? sorry this show is so dense I forget things.

he has powers

joffrey killed them all except gendry

none of this shit matter in the books because Aegon is the one most likely to win the throne

Yet Joffrey and Tommen become king even when Ned proved they were bastards

What happened to Gendry?

the lord of light is watching over Dany too. She should have died in the desert a long time ago

Dany is so going to kill that useless mistake trope. GRRM added him as a foil for Jon+Dany, but it doesnt work.

>legitimized him more than likely

Rhaegar died before Aerys.

Nobody. One of Viserys's aides tells him something like "they drink secret toasts to your health and pray for your return" but it's clear he was just sucking up to him. Nobody in the show wants a Targaryen on the throne.

I'm pretty sure only the father has to legitimize the child if he's a noble. If the bastard isn't of noble birth then it's a lord/the regent. Roose legitimized Ramsay, not Tommen.

Tommen legitimized Ramsay with his decree.

He's present at Brienne's hanging in the books

In the show he's on a tiny boat, rowing

It means when Dany hears about it, she'll be flooding for her him to be inside of her.

Not if Rhaegar married Lyanna

It could be a huge upset for the north. If it turns out he's not the son of Ned Stark, bastard or not, it would make his claim to being King in the North shaky. If Dany finds out she might welcome him into the fold or burn him to ash, as he would be able to claim the Iron Throne in her stead being a male heir to the Targaryen line.
In the books he's with the brotherhood without banners, working as a smith. I can't recall what happened to him in the show.

Rhaegar and Lyanna married, whether or not that marriage will be seen as legitimate is another story

HBO stated it was not a marriage.

>I can't recall what happened to him in the show.
He rowed away and was never seen again.

Even if Jon wanted to stake a claim for the throne, how could he go about proving his heritage? The only person who knows is Bran, and he saw it through a vision. Unless the writers pull something contrived like "Lyanna had birth records buried with her in the Winterfell crypts," no one will ever believe Bran.

Howland Reed is still alive and the other Northern Lords would trust his word

the rest of Westeros wouldn't care regardless

Well in the show anything can happen.

it means he's fucking azor ahai you shitheads

I've actually wondered about this, would they trust howland reed?

it's true he's the only other person who was at the tower of joy, but wouldn't he basically be calling ned stark, the most honorable cunt is the seven kingdoms a liar?

Anyone else sad that there's only two seasons left? ;_;

The Baratheons only managed to claim the throne because they had Targ blood in their family tree.

Robert's grandma was a Targ.

Ned lied to fulfill his beloved sisters dying wish. Besides, he was too honorable to kill a newborn who had done nothing wrong, especially his sisters son.

That's not hard to believe.

He stays dead in the books because there hasnt been anymore books. John dies in one of the last few chapters of the currently last book.

I think it would be for a couple notherners, yeah it turns it into another honor story but he'd literally be implying neds been lying to people including his wife and own family for over 10 years.

Jon needs tame a dragon before anyone takes the targshit seriously. or bran could warg/tree time wizard everyone I guess.

I'm excited, if only to see how it all ends

>bastards
>ever legitimate heirs

>implying I haven't read all the books
Nigga I am telling you GRRM will decide not to ressurect him.

He WILL resurrect him, it's just that he's going to kill him again.

eloped

You are wrong. He won't be resurrected.

Screencap this.

My Dad works at Nintendo and he can confirm this.

>STARKS = ICE
>TARGS = FIRE
>HE IS THE SONG OF ICE AND FIRE

>Rhaegar legitimized him more than likely

Rhaegar was never King

Is all of Sup Forums this retarded when it comes to GoT?

>Screencap this.
Why bother? No more books will come. And you're not a namefag so you'll have no vindication for your stupidity.

Not if Rhaegar married Lyanna. Plenty of Targs were polygamous.

Aegon the conqueror married both his sisters.

waow

>Thinking Jon's lineage has anything to do with pleb politics and bullshit normie Westerosi shit
>Not that he's the savour of humanity against ice zombies

Clearly he's the most important person since while all these other cucks are trying to be ruler, he'll be trying to save everything from getting BTFO.

>Jon stays dead in the books.
People give a shit about the books.

He was never legitimized and is known as a bastard to everyone.

Ned died before he could reveal it.

HBO has stated they were not married.

I can't tell if Sup Forums is trolling when it comes to discussing GoT. The thread is serious but the posts I just responded to were some of the dumbest shit I've read on this board.

he'll be able to ride dany's white dragon

Book King Robb talked about how he was going to write a royal decree legitimizing Jon in the event that Robb died, because he thought the other Stark boys were all dead, and didn't want the Lannisters to get Winterfell through Tyrion's then-marriage to Sansa. It's unknown whether he went through with it, though. I can't remember if Robb said something similar in the show.

He's still a bastard you idiot

he's still a bastard though

How could Rhaegar legitimize him when he wasn't even around when he was born?

He doesn't have to legitimize him if he married Lyanna.

He's the son of the king. And the son of the first son comes before the second son.

Forgetting the rebellion and everything and if the Targs were still around Jon would be first in line even before Viserys although behind Aegon.

How is he not a bastard? If the typical audience is this retarded it's no coincidence that the show spoon feeds everyone.

>All these people thinking he's a bastard
>Implying there won't be the whole Weirwood tree secret wedding ceremony scene that shows Lyanna/Rhae were officially a thing in the eyes of the Old Gods

Let's be honest, it makes no sense but that's the best we can hope for.

He talked about it but it never happened. In show it totally never happened. I love Jon's character but he's still a bastard.

>illegitimate king legitimizing anything
What's the point, might as well just legitimize himself

>How is he not a bastard?

If Rhaegar married Lyanna.

Rhaegar never married Lyanna.

Rhaegar was already married. Granted, I don't know how divorce terms work in Westeros, but at this time Rhaegar was already tied to Elia.

How would you know? he may have. None of us know at this point.

This.

Does the king himself have to legitimize a bastard? Ramsay's father made him a Bolton.

>How would you know?

makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/got-connections-ned-promise-tower-of-joy-infographic

Because HBO confirmed it.

Well he is the Lord Stark

Roose asked the king to make Ramsay a Bolton.

Why didn't Ned do the same for Jon?

He would be closer to a supposed "great bastard." someone born from 2 unmarried nobles, the targs had a huge lot of them.

then jon hangs himself because he's a fucking targaryen. it's like a neonazi finding out he's jew

I think the Lord of the House can do it. Still, Rhaegar couldn't have done it because he was dead by the time Jon was born.

Garyens can be polygamous.

Polygamy is not recognized by the Seven Gods, rules that marriage must be between one man and woman.

However, Targs were historically polygamous, as explained earlier in the thread.

Because Ned was too honorable and wanted to sell the lie that Jon was a bastard. Why would he legitimize Jon when he had three other sons already, especially when he knew that Jon wasn't a Stark? It would seem fishy.

HBO is gonna go bankrupt before Winds of Winter is released, they know nothing.

> Winds of Winter will be released with the new 4K Blu-Ray complete series anniversary box set

Ned kept Jon a bastard so Robert wouldn't have him killed the way he had all the other Targaryens killed. If Ned had legitimized him he would have been killed.

At any rate, Ned's time was cut short. When he last saw Jon he promised they'd talk about his mother the next time they met so maybe he planned to.

If discovering Lyanna and Rhaegar married and Jon is legitimately in line for throne is their big twist they're not going to reveal it just yet.

There's reason to think they've got something still under the hat, otherwise why the fuck would Lyanna whisper shit to Ned?

True. However, seeing as they claimed it and took it, Targs themselves no longer make a fuck.

Do people find this guy attractive? I never watch this show but he looks cool. no homo

HBO straight-up lied for almost a year about Jon being dead. D&D and Kit Harington both said point blank that Jon was permanently dead and would not be coming back. It's not too ridiculous to think they'd lie about other things.

He looked like a gurmless retard in S1 but he's grown into his look

Anyways that pic was made by a team of yes-men and interns.