Lets get a general MTG (Magic the Gathering) thread going

Lets get a general MTG (Magic the Gathering) thread going.

What's your favorite format?

What do you play in said format?

Favorite card?

Favorite Colors?

>I'll start

Favorite format is Standard, because poor cunt.
Currently playing Metalwork Colossus Affinity, and RG Energy Aggro
Favorite card is pic related.
Fav colors are Blue and Red.

>Modern, especially after the Twin banning
>Bant Spirits
Favorite card?
Perilous Vault
Favorite Colors?
Simic or Azorius

Bro. I just got into magic two months ago. Have a black white warrior running removal. Anything suggestions?

Do you play any / many other decks in modern? I'm thinking about breaking into it with something like Goblins or Land des.

Land destruction is modern isn't great. They all cost at least 3 mana, and by that point many decks can already kill you of have a board big enough to kill you next turn (infect, dredge, zooicide). Goblins are a lot of fun in modern. Look up 8-wack. I think mtggoldfish has a budget version if you're looking to break into modern. I've been playing modern since the beginning and am pretty good (multiple pptq and rtpq wins)

>smallpox

Path to Exiles are a must if you aren't running them. As to what the best warriors are, I'm not sure but you want them to cost at most 3 mana, 4 if it's REALLY good. Experiment with different cards until you find a deck that's consistent

And to answer OP's question

Modern and standard

All the CoCo decks, kiki chord, played pretty much every popular GW deck in modern and jeskai in standard.

GW is by far my favorite color combo.

I'll play any deck that starts off with 4 Collected Company

Goblins is good but be wary of mass board wipes. You;re basically dead if it happens. Land destruction is good if your opponents aren't expecting it but with so many aggro decks in modern, it may be hard for you to win

>Legacy is best format (but casual is better)
>Sneak & Show, Aluren, Goblins, Mono-B reanimator, janky shit, burn
>fave card pic related
>Green (Red and black are close)

Goblins are the best tribal. Merfolk and Elves can eat a bag of burnt dicks.

What's your favorite format? Modern, because next to vintage and legacy it allows the use of the most cards.

What do you play in said format? Aggro, mill, control are my faves

Favorite card? grindstone

Favorite Colors? blue and black

Oh true, yeah I'll give it a look. Land des looks pretty fun which is why I'm thinking of it. Thanks for the heads up though.

will always be my favourite

>What's your favorite format?

EDG cause poor

Favorite Colors?

Black/White

There was one interaction I've always wanted to play. If you cast the boom half of boom // bust, you can target one of your own fetchlands, like wooded foothills or arid mesa, then sacrifice it, letting you keep your land while destroying theirs. And then later on you can use a goblin dark dwellers to flash it back for the busy side

Format: Any
Raisin: Playin for keks
Favorite Card: Pic Related
Favorite Colors: Black & Green

Format: EDH
I've been playing Breya and Kruphix
Favorite card: Ignite Memories
Favorite colors: simic

I used to play with these fuckers, that was fun when you spawn thirty 1/1 in 3-4th turn and made them +2/+2. But i ve only played recreationally

Pauper, though I'm getting vaguely interested in Frontier and like Highlander too. I play a bunch of casual kitchen table decks with friends, most of which have a strong tribal theme.

Goblins. I'll play RDW in any format.

Favorite card?
Really hard to say. Possibly Kor Skyfisher or Squadron Hawk.

Favorite Colors?
No preference. I've played with red the most.

Love me Kamigawa black spirits. Pic related

I'll always have a special place in my heart for Goblins. Just so bloody fun swarming with an army of roid rage weenies

>Favourite Format
Modern I guess?
Don't really care, I like to play with friends usually but within the rules.
>What do you play in said format?
I usually play fucking Eldrazi Ingest cause I love the entire concept of it, also like Eldrazi.
>Favourite Card?
Sensei's diving top is a pretty neat card, had it since Kamigawa I believe that's what it was called? It's been sometime.
If we are talking about newer cards, Emrakul the promised end. I love the entire concept of it, it's fucking bullshit and gives me a good kek everytime.
>Favourite Colour/s
mono Green was usually my favourite, however recently Blue with Colourless has been my favourite (Cause eldrazi deck I have.)

Legacy combo elves just has so much going on, its so fun.

>/tg/

Kamigawa was fun

I just bought that, just now, for my friends spirit deck.

Black spirit? i have a blue white standard, never looked at older spirits tho

He does too, but with a card like that he'll probably make it work somehow. Add a few evolving wilds, and a couple blacks. Maybe he'll make it a tricolor, but I'm sure he'll love it.

I literally just started playing yesterday, anyone got any tips? I've been playing a red white deck so far and it's p fun.

My tips are literally don't be a pussy. I swear to god every time I play with people they just never attack and rarely play cards that could effect their battlefield. Just fucking do everything you can for a while and get the feel for how people play and how certain cards work at what times.

Favorite format is oldschool (93/94).
Favorite card is exhume or any card with a Gix quote.
Fave color is black.

I dont really play any more because of incomming baby. I love the tempoaggro decks in legacy and vintage. Oldschool is ur all the way.

Just go out and play at LGS's in tourneys. They're the only way you'll get a proper feel for the game. You'll also pick up on board states and when and when not to do things, etc etc.

Some decks rely on the fucking pussy tactic. Like let's say a spell spam deck or something. (Not really into the lingo of MTG.)

Take up the other anons advice, my tip would probably be just have fun honestly. If you want to get a better deck or something in the future or want to try something new. Do some research for decks, eventually you'll probably be able to make your own gimmicky decks.

I tend to just play shit to see what happens moat of the time lol
Me and my buds have been playing the past few days they've helped me learn how and when and when not to do shit. I plan on going down to my local shop Saturday and playing a little bit. thanks for the advice negro.

commander,
i run:
1.) Kruphix, god of drawing my deck
2.) Child of Alara - 5 color goodness
3.) Trostani - wurm horde
4.) Krenko - goblin swarm

favorite card: Think Twice
because, how many times did you think if you cast it, copy it, then flashback it?

Most to least favorite colors:
U, W, B, G, R
because red is for fags

in the tampa bay area and the only close shop is shortstops. but all the people there are emotionless standard try hards.
there used to be commander night but they stopped it.

>What's your favorite format?
Commander

>What do you play in said format?
Everything and anything. Current 'manders: Phage, Kemba, Damia, Nin, Oloro

>Favorite card?
Pic related

>Favorite Colors?
Green/Blue

>but all the people there are emotionless standard try hards.
>there used to be commander night but they stopped it.
This is the story of my life.

You think shock is good or did you just post it jff?

I EDH. It's a fun causal format.

I'm playing Gruul colors and Omnath, Locus of Rage as my Commander.

I prefer Yu-Gi-Oh.

A shitty knock-off.

Don't understand how posting a pic means I think it's a good card, lmao.

I play Modern, some Vintage but mostly EDH just because its the coolest format that gives you access to a whole bunch of cards!

Favourite colour combination is U/B/W

Fav card?? Too many to name

probably Force of will (EMA)