I need your honest opinion Sup Forums...

I need your honest opinion Sup Forums. Is the length of this skirt considered appropriate or inappropriate for an office setting?

>work in HR (fagtier job, i know)
>employee given warning for length of skirt
>she claims it is discrimination against her
>company policy does not have explicit rules about length of skirt (ie exact length) but says "all employees must be professional looking" (im paraphrasing)

Any way, what is your opinion?

>pic related

Anything more than 6 inches above the knee is a no go.

If she's short you can lower that number. Mid thigh is the line

Did not physically measure, but she was brought to us by supervisor in her department. I personally wouldn't have said shit to her but I work under some nazis

I would just leave it alone, but a good rule of thumb is the skirt shouldn't be higher than her fingertips when she is standing with her hands to her sides.

Well in her case it was a bit higher than the tips of fingers. However no official guideline on length in our company's manual. I wouldn't have said anything, but my supervisor wanted a warning to be put in her file

Does the lengthy of clothing article turn the outfit into a slutty Halloween costume. That's my metric. This goes for men too. And yeah, it's discrimination, welcome to our culture.

Sounds like the manager is using this as retribution for something else. Maybe they were turned down for a date or are jealous. Or many other possibilities.

Unless this manager makes a habit of writing people up for dress code.

Not sure if a work skirt would ever get turned into a slutty costume, but it is shorter than most. Whether or not it deserves an official warning is another story. Yes, the victim mentality absolutely sucks

older feminazi type, absolute pain in the ass. But she's my supervisor and i need this job to put me through school.

Some unsolicited advice for working in HR. Record all interactions with managers. Email, written, audio, whatever. If their name isn't on the paperwork it's your ass that's on the line in the future law suits.

i was given practically the same advice by another person. thanks user. i always cover my ass

Depends how the outfit looked overall. If she looks professional its ok. If she looks like shes about to hit the club the no. Tell old feminazi to suck it. Theres no specific rule on the matter.

regular sleeveless top with that skirt. i wouldn't have looked twice. Granted skirt was pretty short but not like you could see her underwear when she sat. I wish i could tell feminazi to go suck it, i need this job till i get my degree.

Prostitution is a profession. It's not discrimination. If someone felt that she was in violation of the dress code they can point it out to her. That's the problem ambiguous language, it lends itself well to different interpretations. Also, since she is complaining, she will probably try to sew the company for some reason, keep that in mind and try to find a legitimate excuse to fire her asap.

yeah, i figured she was lining up a lawsuit. Can't fire her since its 3 warnings then termination. This is her first warning.

who gives a fuck? give more of those perfect pale legs right now!

kek i would oblige, user. But she isn't here right now.

Do it later then, fucker! White legs! White legs! White legs!

sure, if i get a chance later. however, nothing very special about these legs...they look very average.

honestly it's pretty sexy

And you know who is filing complaints? Jealous women.
Damnit.

The company needs to set guidelines. Then publish them so the employees know. Otherwise, if it's not covered in company rules, you can't say shit. A "no grandfather clause" should also be added.

am i the only one that thinks that skirt is short as fuck for an office?

This. Why you need skirt so short for office work

shorter than mid thigh and pretty sure you can see her panties while she sits

as a man, thats a great view, but i have to agree with manager here, that shit is too short for work