Need guitar advise? I'm looking to buy a Gibson explorer. Is this a good buy??

Need guitar advise? I'm looking to buy a Gibson explorer. Is this a good buy??

that is around the going price for all explorers regardless of age really

Only cunts play explorers.

Y?

+1

What are you looking to play with the guitar? What are its specs anyway?

it is pretty much the Metallica guitar, but in fact only cunts tell other cunts what to play. Try it before you buy it though, let the feeling of playing be the deciding factor.

Its a Les Paul with cunt shape.

thats a great guitar but if your just starting I wouldn't advise such and expensive guitar but all in all thats great taste and youll have alot of room on the fretboard to play with ease

I would like to play some Simon and garfunkel with this guitar

My guitar player uses one. He likes it. I've played, it feels/'sounds'/plays like my Les Paul. Awkward to use. I'm not a fan. Would not buy personally.

ive got a japanese ibanez blazer series
My brother gave it to me, thats the first guitar ive owned...
Just buy anything

bro the Epihone prophecy explorer will get you abetter Metallica sound than this unless your looking for their Fade to black ballad sound in which case off your self

the ultimate Metallica guitar is the esp anyway man but don't buy a guitar because of a band bought a kerry King warlock in my teens and though I was hot shit .... Turns out I was just a faggot trying to be metal

I rate Gibson no doubt, but don't be fooled my the name, try it before you buy it and see if it's worth the price

If you're asking for advise on how to buy a guitar you're obviously a beginner and you shouldn't be buying such a high end guitar. Faggot.

No. Its awkward to practice with and the neck is bulky. You can get a top of the line Ibanez for that same price.

Johnny Winter rocked the shit out of one, and that's good enough reason to get one. They sound killer.
Not really a great beginner guitar though. They're not really comfortable to sit and play

Not sure if troll or retard, but I will say Jonny Winter is the only accomplished guitarist I know to have played a thunderbird.

*firebird; thunderbird is the bass

I had and explorer, and it was great. It is really weird to practice on, though. If you're just looking for the shape, you might consider getting and Ibanez Destroyer.

Hey OP if you are open to other brands, look at the Chapman Ghost fret

doesnt get much better than that if you look at price/quality

otherwise, ive tried the 2016 explorer and it felt sludgy to me

It's not a bad deal if it's in good condition. But it's not a steal. Bring someone that knows about guitars. They'll be able to identify any issues. Also make sure it's not fake.