Does anyone take paganism seriously? can we agree they are the edgiest "religion"?

does anyone take paganism seriously? can we agree they are the edgiest "religion"?

I'm a pagan. What's your problem ?

it's much more sensible

you pray to a god who's entire job is focused on whatever problem you have, rather than some saint that died in an ironic way because of it

just seems kinda retarded to reenact a dead religion

you pray to gods who are entirely anthropomorphic, literally bearded dudes who live in great halls. at least christianity/judaism moved past that into more abstract and philosophical ideas about god... hundreds or thousands of years ago.

Paganism never died, that's were you're wrong kiddo. Also it's not as retarded as believing in a kike on a cross.

I believe in some christian-pagan-mixup shit but don't practice anything seriously

>Paganism never died
yeah 'fraid it did though. it's been resurrected by edgy people whose ancestors were christians for the past ten generations, based on a few surviving texts that are usually very christianized.

and the kike on a cross was likely a historical event at least, even if his magic tricks were not. I can agree that 99% of christians are retarded but 100% of pagans are retarded.

Why is there a valknaut in there thats norse?

>kiddo
>kike

Guess OP's question is answered.

Pssst.... nothing personal kid.

ofc i do

dunno just pulled it off google. if the valknaut is norse then it fits, it's got odin's ravens as well

see, I appreciate the mythology. love it in fact. but dressing up in robes and wearing mjolnir around your neck is cringe-worthy.

Here in Europe, many, many christianised traditions were pagans before. I repeat, paganism never died, it went under the mantle of christianity. It's not hard to retake everything back now that christianity is on his death bed; at least in Europe.

>implying you can count the norse gods/goddesses on two hands
this pagan doesn't know shit about their own "religion."

>I repeat, paganism never died
yes it fucking did retard. just because christians kept putting up trees in their house on winter solstice doesn't mean the religion survived.

>b-b-but today is Friday and that's named after a pagan god! see paganism is alive!

there are many "gods" but i, as any other heathen, chose my gods

so you don't even try to emulate the actual dead religions you're trying to copy? what's the point? just to upset mom and dad?

But... it is. I can't help you if you can't see the obvious, my friend.

no, it really isn't. the actual rituals are largely lost, the mythological texts are seen through the veil of the christian monks who composed them, all that remains are vestiges, a few superficial practices that were adopted in wider culture and disassociated from their pagan past.

You obviously don't know anything about modern paganism. Lurk more.

I don't need to know anything about it. I'm interested in ancient paganism, and as someone interested in this ACTUAL religion, I can tell you there is too little left, and what's left has been too diluted, to recreate the religion.

the best you can do is make a hollywood guess at what the religion might have looked like.

and all this shit aside, even if you could theoretically rebuild the religion as it was, why would you want to? it's just another ridiculous ancient faith, with pantheons of gods who look just like you and me, a way to explain where lightning came from before science existed.

and 'muh ancestors' doesn't work. if you go back further than those ancestors, you find other ancestors with different faiths, back to proto-indo-european religion and basic animism.

Neo-paganism talk to my soul, like the Christ do for other people. What it is so hard to understand or to accept ?

christ was likely influenced by greek philosophy, and his teachings (some of which even have a high likelihood of being something jesus actually said) bear resemblances to the "perennial philosophy" that you see in buddhism, taoism, etc.

norse neopaganism is like rolling all that back to the Old Testament. Before the OT in fact, back when the Hebrews were polytheists who thought of God as a dude with a beard.

both are still retarded, but neopaganism lacks the philosophical side that christians like Meister Eckhart, Thomas Merton, or Soren Kierkegaard have explored. it also lacks the continuous history and extensive texts and rituals.

Jesus Christ, I fucking hate people who talk about their "PAGANism" or "WICCANism" like it fucking matters. I have some fucking beliefs that align with "PAGANism" and because of that I get when people talk about it, but I 100% think anyone who shitposts their belief preferences like it defines them is legitimately retarded.

>Hurr I do not share your religion so you are retarded

Allrighty then

that ain't even it. I can respect hindus, buddhists, muslims, etc. because they are practicing faiths they and their parents and their grandparents and their entire society has practiced for centuries. they're living religions with continuous histories. they have extensive religious texts and rituals that have existed and adapted over millennia.

you guys are more like civil war reenactors, but more autistic.

>the edgiest relidgion

>implying that my ancestors didn't worship the asatruvian gods for thousands of years
Do you even bronze age bro

before they became christians. and before they were norse pagans? their religion developed from previous faith, all the way back to cavemen worshiping with mammoth bones.

so what's so magical about this one window of history? muh vikings r kewl?