What if you die when teleporting and it just creates a perfect clone?

What if you die when teleporting and it just creates a perfect clone?

that's exactly what teleporting is, op.

If it's a perfect clone then what's the difference between it and you?

That's one of the most plausible ways that scientists are looking at, yes.

Can't tell if bait or you are just a retard. 1/10 for the reply.

then its not teleportation, rather replication.

teleportation should be more possible, since it would involve some physical phenomena to allow you to utilize a warp from one area in space to another, whereas replicating your body would require knowledge of your complete atomic structure that would have to be absolutely perfect to replicate your brain. then you would need a way to replicate it, including the fact that you would have to replicate it fast enough as well as a device with insane printing resolution to get the neurons in your brain replicated accurately.

im just going to stop, tldr teleportation, if even possible, would be much fucking easier than replication which would just kill you and create another soulless clone of you anyway

You'll still be dead. There will just be an exact you.

this is the ship of theseus

so is life considering over your lifetime your cells will replace themselves

also you would be really fucking confused because the brain scan used for the reconstruction would have to be taken and process way in advanced so you would have lost memories

An exact me is me. so I not dead

try this:

replicate yourself without killing your first self

go to china, leave behind other self

do you know where second self is and what he is doing?

no because he is not you.

killing yourself doesnt magically make you the next guy

Look at it this way. You photocopy a document, you then shred the original. Is the copy now the original?

OP after being copied 100 times

id fucking love it if in star trek/ or star gate where they teleport via Ctrl+C, Backspace, Ctrl+V they eventually started to look like this shit. deformed ass enterprise boldly going where no mong had gone before

It sounds like that's what happened to you.

no, because photocopy is far away from being an exact copy.

No. Let's say you have the original Mona Lisa and you photocopy it. The copy looks like the Mona Lisa, but isn't it.

wouldwatch/10

>deformed ass enterprise boldly going where no mong had gone before
coughvoyagercough

Of course i don't know what the replication of me is doing.

From that point in time at which 2 exact same versions of me exist, they will immediately start to diverge into 2 different things. i.e. already in the next moment in time they are not exact copies of each other anymore.

Leaving out philosophical/spiritual questions like "soul"...

Speaking only about science... do my coscience, thoughts at the moment of teleportatino are electric charges in my neurons?
Do those charges are replicated?

Intriguing questions

Nigger, you are a living Ship of Theseus. Parts of your body die and get replaced all the time.

What do you think is the difference when it happens to your whole body at once? What is the essence of your being that gets lost in the transition between two exact same bodies?

If the structure is the same and it is able to function the same, nothing is lost really.