What do you buy to eat cheap?

What do you buy to eat cheap?

When I'm broke I like to get dubs.
>check em

Faggot

Glad to see you're doing well, then

farm, buy seeds and bulbs. grow your own, you don't need much land.

pasta + rice dishes
chicken
eggs

i'm not poor so i eat whatever the fuck i want to

I eat a lot of fried rice or anything to do rice

Potatoes too. Lots of potatoes

Top ramen too, obviously, but too much can make you ill

It's also nice to have a costco membership cause you can get things in bulk. I like getting bulk hummus, spinach tubs, and frozen fruit there

Chicken
Milk
Oats

Dollar store or dollar menu

Loads of beans. Most any type are good, and I think they really are cheaper than dirt. You can flavor them with shitty cheap pork leftovers like "ham hocks" while they're cooking, and still eat the meat off the hock if you're desperate.
Don't buy vegetables in bulk, they'll go bad fast and you'll waste money

lots of veggies/ramen packets and some rice. raw chicken breast and im set for a week or so while also cutting back on calories and fat.

In Britain we have a shop called ALDI.
My food bill came to around £32, that included: Chicken, mince, sausage, frozen veg, frozen veg medley, chips, butter, bread, etc. Few tins of soup, snacks etc.

That lasts me a while to be honest. I don't see the issue.

Stuck on SNAP due to wife and daughter's disabilities.
>Aquaponic garden: fruit, veg, herbs,fish
>Indoor livestock
>Grow potatoes in 2X2 boxes outside
>grow wheat and barley in 50x50' allotment.
>SNAP as a supplement

Deal with that, Paltrow! Men fix problems!

People on food stamps are not buying avocados and kale.

>i'm not poor so i eat whatever the fuck i want to

Read: my mother buys all my food.

>implying poor people have any land, or even a sunny window for a box

This is why so many poor people are fat and ugly--shit nutrition

We have Aldi in the US too, at least in Michigan we do.

u're mum's pussy

We have that in usa as well.
Only good if you're shopping for a household that holds 1-3 people.

>7 limes
Though I will say it would be easier to spend your months $110 on staples once in a while than to try to budget exactly $29 a week.
Just like how you can buy enough food for a week with $35 but you'd find it harder to spend just $5 a day

No but frozen spinach and salsa can be substituted.

lentils, rice
bunch of garlic, tomato and pasta
fry cheaper shit together, make soup of leftover meat/bones/vegetable parts
oats with water
french toast

Quite a few other places, I've seen it in Kansas and Virginia.

Eggs, oats, chicken, frozen veges, bread for sammies, cabbage, cheese, dated protein powder, all this shit is healthy too

/thread

I thought the same thing.
>limes

I'm not too poor but I can cook and like to save money on food.

Kwik Trip gas stations have lots of staples for stupid cheap (potatoes, onions, bananas, etc). Their employees also seem to have a good opinion of the company.

Frozen veggies are a good value, and they're often fresher and more nutritious than "fresh" produce that's been shipped from chile or across the US.

sorry totally clueless about this so this is a genuine question. How can you grow wheat? Don't you need like a fucking huge field to get enough amount of flour out of it? Or what do you use it for? How can you prepare it? I assume you don't have a mill.

peanut butter

I like how Gwyneth prioritizes Limes so high.. For the Mojitos I guess.

What you mean too much can make you ill?

That's like $15 worth of food, max. Where's she shopping, Whole Foods?

Soylent

Aldi's a german Discounter Chain, it's insane to see it all over the world now.
A lot of people go shopping at Aldi, it's really funny what kinds of people you see there. Very often it's doctors or other people that don't really have to shop cheap. But it's just intelligent to do so I think.
That's how you stay rich to be honest.

oh yeah cabbage is fucking cheap and lasts a good while, easily two weeks.

There are some jewish fags on youtube called brothers green, they have some good cheap recipes.

Fuck Safeway. I go to grocery outlet. They got a carton of banana milk and chocolate bananamilf for $2. Avocados 70c each. 99c per pound tomatoes, 2.99 lb decent and more fresh ground beef.

Most likely, and that's probably the cheapest place she's been in.

So are indoor livestock cats?

spiders and fish from the tank too

>doctors
The Aldis in my area is full of wild niggers and white trash. It is a pretty bad area though.

I would eat a lot of that shit in a day

and then have boiled eggs the rest of the week I guess

I cook and take it to work the next day. Varied results, but definitely spending less.

Also about 8 months ago, I started paying for the people behind me in the drive thru every time I go.
1) it prevents me from getting fast food as often because I don't want to pay double.
2) it brightens up people's day.

Although I don't pay for fat fucks or families.

Welp, yeah, I do live in a rich town in a rich neighbourhood. But still, I see a lot of people including myself that would be able to afford shopping at REWE or something just as much, but yet we find ourselves at ALDI, whereas when I do go to REWE I see a lot of people living on minimum wage or from the lower social classes.

DUBle cheeseburgers.
Czech me.

Ukrainian instant ramen ($0.12)
Canned buckwheat porridge ($0.5)

Fuck.

Find a couple of discount grocers in your area and figure out what they stock. Generally speaking the more basic the amenities the less expensive everything will be for you.

Buy non-perishables and long shelf life in bulk:

Potatoes, rice, pasta, onions, carrots, oil, sugar, flour, beans.

If you have a freezer bulk purchase less expensive meats like chicken and pork and zip lock them in meal-sized portions.

Learn about spices and how they work so your food doesn't suck.

General rule of thumb: if it comes in a box or only needs to be heated to eat it's not worth buying.

>go to market
>kilo of >fruit for €1
>vegetables out the ass
>potatoes everywhere

triple cheeseburgers here

>republic of croatia
>economy (especially agriculture) is all ruined and practically nonexisting
>150% more expensive stuff than a few years ago
>still get a kilo of lettuce for less than 3 dollars
>milk 1$ for a liter
fucking overpriced westerners

Quadboigah plz.

>fastfood is supposed to be fast and cheap
>in reality is not so cheap and not particularly fast

Find an Asian market store nearby, they sell produce that is significantly cheaper than grocery stores. I do all my produce shopping there for sometimes 1/4th what i would spend at a normal store.

All the sodium, preservatives, fat, and nitrates

Probably one of the most denatured foods you can eat.

$29 a week seems low. Like, that's the amount that people get that BARELY qualify. I remember when I was looking if I qualified and they offered me ~$200 a month. I could easily eat somewhat healthy on that.

I took her to a supermarket
I don't know why, but I had to start it somewhere
so it started there

I said, pretend you've got no money
she just laughed, and said, oh you're so funny
I said, yeah, well I can't see anyone else smiling in here

Eggs - $5
Tortillas - $3
Whole Grain Rice - $5
Limes - $7
Fresh Parsley - $4
Avocado - $3
Garlic - $1
Onion - 45-70c
Ear of Corn - $1.49

fuck it, we're past her grocery bill already

pretty sad when rich white women try to tell the very poor minorities theyre allegedy helping how to shop for a family of 3 (on average).

1 week of that leaves you deficient in nurtrition as an adult, let a lone a growing child.

hilarious

It's fried pasta with sodium, eating a lot of it might imply not eating other things, you're getting no nutrients, and it really isn't a meme that "food is fuel"
i love ramen, but i can't imagine eating it even every day like when i was in high school

>eggs, $5
I don't know where you buy yours, mine are just under $3 for a dozen, and sometimes the same price for 18, depending if they're on special.
am I getting poisoned?

>Eggs - $5

Jesus that's double what I would pay for a dozen eggs lol

>Limes - $7
surely you mean
>10 limes - €1

Bulk bags of rice and beans, boxed dinners, and shit that comes in a can. Eggs are reasonably cheap too considering what you're getting. Forget buying fresh fruit, veggies, meat, or dairy.

My family was so poor we basically just ate ramen for like 3 years. I ended up not being able to eat gluten later and I really think it's because I was poisoning myself with that shit.

depends where

Limes, cilantro, beans, garlic, onion, avocado, corn, tomatoes, rice... that's not a bad base for a variety of Mexican dishes.

Except the proportions are all wrong -- 1 tomato, and 7 limes? And those tortillas are microscopic.

>My family was so lazy we basically just ate ramen for like 3 years.
FTFY

Ramen isn't a lot of food for the price really, even if you drink all of the "broth"

Yeah but our food actually has to be up to a certain cleanliness and health standard, not that you eastern europeans would understand either of those two concepts

Make them gains user

I live in the South. It's expensive here.

Milk is close to 5-something per gallon as well.

Good for you, the entire EU has to pool together to remain relevant in the modern world, yet are still about to shatter apart.

>10 limes - €100 soon

Milk is pretty bad here. But i'm fairly south, in a fairly civilized part of Florida, and do most of my shopping at walmart.

Wtf the bulk maruchan is like 12 cents a pack, how is that not a lot of food for the price?

Who the fuck needs bulk hummus? It goes off once you open it

Pussy

that cost $29? Did she go to whole foods?

and.... Kale... smh...

it's 3 ounces. and one pack is two servings, so double that sodium and shit.
I buy a $1.89 bag of beans, it's two pounds pre-cooked weight

a pack of ramen is not a filling meal

boil some damn potatoes
or rice

cheap as fuck when bought in bulk

This.

The chances of catching some crazy meat/vegetable-borne disease is practically non-existent. That's why it's pretty big fucking news when three children die from shit food shipped in from China and some Chinese middle manager has to kill himself because there's a block on food imports.

It's just an empty carb that makes your stomach feel full, with some salt and bouillon to make it taste like something.

You might as well have bouillon cube soup and flour+water biscuits.

I would eat two packs per meal. That's like, what $0.25???

Ah, I'm a Publix user. I don't like Wal Mart.

kek no. I've been actually legit poor back in the day. Like both parents lost their jobs in the 08 crash, we lived in a rural area and my dads only job prospect was splitting wood and mowing lawns. He got cash under the table so he could buy boxes of ramen and maybe hot dogs and macaroni and cheese if he had a good month. Ever burn your old homework for heat? I have. That's why I worked and put myself through college, cause I'm not a nigger and I demand to live well now.

I've literally never had that happen to me

Ask granny for a sack of vegetables (potato, carrot, tomato, cucumber, pumpkin). Costs - $0.6 for a bus ticket.

I like to think she went out and bought all this food just to subtly imply that Mexicans are dirty and poor

> a fairly civilized part of Florida

>civilized
>Florida

Pick one.

you really think eu doesnt make countries hold standards you autisitic fuck
this is not fucking central africa

Publix is better for some of my things, they have my bagels on sale usually, but the other stuff is twice the price. But it's nice to shop around white people who don't leave their carts in the center of the aisle and walk down aways

>potato soup

ye nigga

also
>You might as well have bouillon cube soup

hey, I eat that

>8oz water
>1 cube
>like, 45 cubes per container

do you make bagels?

Your mom.

Mad cow disease.

>it's nice to shop around white people
Exactly

That's also the only reason I only go to Chick-Fil-A

that, and all the young High School girls are fucking 10/10's.

post creepshots chief

>potato soup

you do realize boiling potatoes results in edible potatoes, not potato soup
right?

Rice and tuna $10AUD and i can eat for a week.

>friend of the family owns a chick fil a franchise or something
>get free meal cards worth things like "any salad", or "any breakfast menu item"
>trying to be slick
>going over lines in my head
>tell her 'keep the change'

You left out the kale.

LMAO

>poor people spend $7 a week on limes, $2 on an avocado, and $10 on a random assortment of greens