Tfw not only I realize that this is the best Pink Floyd album, but also possibly the greatest psych album of all time

>tfw not only I realize that this is the best Pink Floyd album, but also possibly the greatest psych album of all time

Feels woke as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QWLBtMz5OuY
deadsullivan.bandcamp.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A Saucerful of Secrets tho

Literally the only good Floyd albums.

Oh look contrarians

>using the term woke

kys

I agree this album is a mind fuck and i love it. First time i heard astromee dommee on tv when i was a kid and i had never heard anything like it, shit blew my mind.

Interstellar Overdrive always gets my dick hard
though listening to the album from front to back is always a treat

Both wrong opinions

Correct opinion re: Pink Floyd

eh, ummagumma is trippier

If you don't like
-Animals
-Meddle
-Wish You Were Her
-Atom Heart Mother
-Dark Side of the Moon
You are as pleb as they come. Not liking music because it's popular is worse than people who only like popular music.

>implying any of pink floyd's albums aren't popular

wrong

Is The Wall their longest album? Umagumma counts as two for time qualification. The Wall is their best album. Run is the only possibly bad song.

>Meddle exists
what did he mean by this?

Saurceful and Piper are called the best on here often because these little kids haven't heard about them as much so they feel special.

Every album except for AMLOR is good but the ones I listed are leagues better than Saucer and better than Piper (despite Piper being a classic masterpiece).

see

>everyone who doesn't share my opinion is just pretending xD
Fuck off. Saucerful is easily their most flawless album.

What is it with all of you and your superiority complexes? Understand how subjective of an art form music is, and understand everyone's going to have a different opinion than you somewhere. OP thinks this is the best Floyd album? Good for him. I'll stick to Animals and A Saucerful of Secrets, but I understand his choice and if anything I'd rather just have a discussion or hear him explain why he likes it so much.

If I've ever heard Saucer I don't remember it but this first song is so rudimentary not really in a good way that I don't think anyone should be able to judge it unless they can play it even after hearing it just once. Otherwise they're going to be impressed by shit that's not impressive.

For starters you do understand there's a difference between composition and arrangement right? It's not an opinion. It's math.

All Pink Floyd albums have something to offer (well except for AMLOR)

But this is their best album.

youtu.be/QWLBtMz5OuY
Waters loves Trump

The fact that Syd Barrett only got one song is a flaw

What do you people have against The Wall? Bigger is better when it comes to classic Floyd

But Ummagumma counts as two compared to The Wall so don't get any bright ideas

Enjoyment isn't defined by the quality or intricacy of a composition, it's entirely subjective. And since when was anyone here arguing X album is compositionally better than Y album?

Piper > Meddle > WYWH > DSOTM = The Wall > AHM > Animals > Ummagumma > everything else basically

the first post?

>the best Floyd Album
>the greatest psych album

OP is a bit ambiguous but I just took at as the best in terms of his enjoyment.

>Animals that low
just what the fuck are you doing

Sup Forums dislikes The Wall because not only is it too popular/successful for its own good, they think it has too much filler and sounds a bit cheesy at times. that's my take on it, I never had much against the Wall and I always thought Mother is one of the more underappreciated Floyd songs.

And are you not familiar with the term woke? I'm just saying music is possibly the least subjective form of art and believe it or not lens itself to being the least artistic form of art. Why do you think so many meat heads diuchebag are shred master metal heads or vocal sensations? Its largely athletic not artistic. Plebs think they're writing some shit when they're just playing a fucking scale.

You're an idiot. Grow up.

DUDE KAZOOS LMAO

That's a really fucking bizarre response. Gee I wonder why

This guy gets it

I don't owe you anything. And I'm not the user you were talking to before. Just want you to know I'm embarrassed for you and one day you'll understand how stupid you were

>the only lyrics are "we don't talk anymore"

tbqh senpai i have put this on many times and every single time I play it I listen to the whole album and feel no need to switch to a different one yet there is no single point that grabs my attention until the opening of the first song starts and I realize it just looped.

deadsullivan.bandcamp.com

Owe me? Youre being really irrational. Again gee I wonder why. Could it be you know jack fucking shit about scales? Otherwise I don't see how you're response makes the least bit of sense. There's an entire branch of fuckin g law devoted to it you imbecile.

literally the one thing keeping it from being better than piper

>lens itself

Wow good job dude

And what keeps the juggernaut that is The Wall from being better than both?

For someone who's going on claiming that "music is the least subjective art" and calling others pleb, they better make sure not to say something dumb like "lens itself"

>shilling your music here
for what purpose

Abundance of filler

It's a typo get a grip

For example? I mean there is a narrative to serve. What may be musical filler is not narrative filler. Not that I'm saying there is.

this wasn't me

I'm familiar with the term woke, however I'm not 12 and I don't use it.

>least subjective form of art
Dogshit argument. Art is entirely subjective in terms of enjoyment. You can judge a film in terms of shot composition, scenery, visual FX, but at the end of the day if you don't like the plot, characters, or visuals none of that matters, and just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean someone else won't. Music is the same way, you can look at an album and find its chord progression to be great, the instrumentals and techniques to be impressive, someones vocal range and abilities can be superb, but if it just doesn't click with you on an emotional level or make you wanna dance or do anything for you, it's meaningless. And in the same way, it doesn't mean someone else won't enjoy that very same album.

>least artistic form of art
How so? I think music is very artistic because it taps directly into the human psyche, it gives you uncontrollable urges to want to groove with the beat and is a complete mood shifter, and manipulating that power is truly a beautiful art form.

>the rest of this post
Are you just bashing metal fans or something? Are you bashing people easily impressed by shredding and vocals? That goes entirely against what you previously said.

Learn to discuss rather than assert your opinion as a fact with no argument behind it.

"music is the least subjective art" is a typo?

OK I can understand that

Also
>Why do you think so many meat heads diuchebag are shred master metal heads or vocal sensations?
What art media doesn't have this problem?

Holy shit it's actually on two songs wow

this

>on the turning away
>learning to fly

I rest my case.

Literature. I don't see how it lends itself to that. Sure writers can exploit tropes but I don't think the artform itself is lent to that. Music isnt confined by scales and theory but it lends itself much more to rules such as these than literature I think.

Music is clearly defined into two categories of composition and arrangement which if someone isn't trained they aren't going to know the difference.

>Literature
Oh like James Patterson or John Sanford? Or maybe a million self-published awful pop novelists?
>Music is clearly defined into two categories of composition and arrangement which if someone isn't trained they aren't going to know the difference.
Many great artists weren't trained and made great art though. Pink Floyd was one of them.

I just conceded that writers can exploit tropes.

t. pleb

Trained = educated

And in music if you are educated than you are trained in at least identifying the difference between composition and arrangement

>I just conceded that writers can exploit tropes.
Then my point stands, doesn't it?

Try again. All art forms have this least-common-denominator aspect to it, from youtube scaly wankery, to crappy DIY youtube short films, to horrible paint-by-numbers Velvet Elvi.

>Trained = educated
Define "educated"

Yeah there was a massive typo if I could even call it that. I'm really torn on wether to turn off autocorrect

Yeah I saw it. Looked like you were typing on a cellphone. I just ignored it

I guess I fail to see your point. All art is subjective. Did you mean "easier to make?"

For starters knowing a couple basic scales. Then there's modes and chord theory for example.

Most serious musicians know this so it's a moot point.

I'm saying that just because a writer can exploit tropes does not mean that literature lends itself to exploitation. Although I dunno maybe there is more of a foundation that I took for granted: conflict resolution; beginning, middle and end, etc. I still insist that music lends itself to that the most though. I have literally times my fucking guitar and someone said wow you're really good. I've talked to people here and the same thing has happened to them.

I'm talking about audiences though that's my whole point.

Fucking autocorrect I swear

Times = tuned

Oh and the person who said this was a "big music fan" and she really was. She knew her shit at least with the scene and whatnot and had good priorities.

Most people who watch films have no idea about how to run a camera. Not relevant.
>I'm saying that just because a writer can exploit tropes does not mean that literature lends itself to exploitation
This applies to music too
>I have literally times my fucking guitar and someone said wow you're really good. I've talked to people here and the same thing has happened to them.
Anecdotal evidence, not relevant

>Anecdotal evidence, not relevant
How do you figure? That's a really good extreme example of what I'm talking about and has even been confirmed with other people here.

If someone thinks I'm really good while hearing me tune up then what do you figure they think of Mr Gilmour playing ole pentatonic? Or better yet with Piper Astonomy Domine le chromatic

>How do you figure?
It's out of context of the situation and you make assumptions of the knowledge and intentions of the person speaking.
>even been confirmed with other people here.
You mean teenagers?
>If someone thinks I'm really good while hearing me tune up then what do you figure they think of Mr Gilmour playing ole pentatonic? Or better yet with Piper Astonomy Domine le chromatic
Kinda like those old saying that Stephen King could publish his grocery list and get a best seller?

This is absolutely useless anecdotal evidence. Are you 17? Answer honestly.

>Kinda like those old saying that Stephen King could publish his grocery list and get a best seller?
No actually not at all and if you knew the first thing about scales you wouldn't suggest this.

Literally an entry-level Sup Forumstrarian opinion

Well since I've been playing in bands longer than you've been alive, you should probably explain why I'm wrong.

Because your example was about who the person is. I only mentioned Mr Gilmour because that's the point of the thread and I also got very specific with Astronomy Domine

>Because your example was about who the person is
Not relevant. The example shows that an accidental misinterpretation of non-art into actual art can happen in any medium.

How is this relevant to scales, or was that just an ad hominem you tried to make?

>not the Final Cut.

No, because a person would recognise a grocery list but not a scale. For the tenth time. Unless that was one hell of a grocery list I dunno.

Good post.

one again Sup Forums demonstrates why discussion on Pink Floyd should be outright banned, these threads always immediately turn into a complete shitshow

>because a person would recognise a grocery list but not a scale
But people recognize a scale. In the 20 years I've been playing in bands, I've seen many people recognize scales, and be unimpressed by them because it's not an actual song (unless intended to be)

Everything's fine come on. Pink Floyd debate is critical.

Pink Floyd discussion belongs on leddit

>But people recognize a scale.
Not unless they're educated on the scale. That's my point.

It's been that way since I first came here. At least we're consistent.

Yes but have you ever heard PATGOD in MONO?

There are times when I cannot stand to hear Flaming, the Gnome, Chapter 24 or Bike (the more pop-oriented songs).

>Not unless they're educated on the scale. That's my point.
But that's not true. Musically uneducated people are familiar with at least a basic major scale, especially if they've spent their life listening to Western Music

They're familiar with it but certainly can't determine things like if it's played in order for example. Yes it's generaly obvious to people that a pentatonic scale sounds different than a major scale but they aren't able to explain why let alone what the notes are and in what order. Things that are necessary to determine if a song is compose or arranged.

>can't determine things like if it's played in order for example.
Nice goalpost shifting
>Things that are necessary to determine if a song is compose or arranged.
What do you mean by this? What does this have to do with your assertion that music is a lesser medium?

>71472228
I didn't shift goal posts. Hearing g the difference of a Pentagon and major scale is literally the entire point of having the scales of course. Knowing what creates them is a different story. And I mean exactly in order as I'm not skipping notes. It's pretty obvious unit the note changes up or down.

Just because someone incorporates a chord progression for example doesn't mean they composed a song. They simply arranged it. Thats always been my point.

>Just because someone incorporates a chord progression for example doesn't mean they composed a song. They simply arranged it.
How do you know? It can be a composition if they want it to be

How do I know? Because I have a literally rudimentary education. Chord theory is not a choice. It's math.

OK then
[citation needed]

Run Like Hell is pretty weak on the album, but absolutely shines live.

Why don't the floyd ever acknowledge the Syd era?

What do you mean? They always do

Have they ever performed one of his tracks live for a giggle?