>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m9tq0fXOnyg
youtube.com/watch?v=QmuXWfizwtY
youtube.com/watch?v=mozD5JutXO4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

these look so fucking comfy

Can someone recommend some good audio interfaces that aren't ridiculously expensive for home recording?

Not as good as a Les paul

friendly reminder that bump limit is 310 posts

A link to the old thread should be included it the OP, you stupid shit. Nothing else you post in the OP matters.

I want her so bad.
What if someone buys it while I'm saving up the money?

order one online...

Pic relateds are going to be 1250

Worth over an actual fender?

But I want THAT ONE.

Focusrite scarlet 2i2 is good. You can get them for £120 here in the UK. There are some good DAW bundles around as well, buy the software, almost get the hardware for free. Steinberg used to do some good cubase bundles.

Define good. I have a Behringer Guitar Link and a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, both do the job well. And by job I mean playing with Guitar Rig

tfw you own two excellent amps but they're way too loud but you don't want to sell either of them to get a smaller, more usable amp

kill me

move or find somewhere you can store them to go practice later

When you buy strings for a fanned fret guitar, do you have to buy them all separately to get the gauges right for the string length you have? or do they have matched sets for guitars like these?

I would think using standard gauge strings would sound and feel sloppy, and sort of detract from some of the appeal of fanned frets in the first place.
piano and harp strings are purchased in individually for this reason. piano strings actually come on a spool and you make them to length yourself, which I always wanted in guitar strings. Its kind of fun you get to unwind the ends around the tuning peg yourself and can rewind them around the headstock portion of the string and not have a cut off loose end. I'm sort of a traditionalist though

I actually live somewhere where I can kinda crank them, but I don't want to. I don't like to play loud and recording is impossible on low volume with these amps

>I bought a Ferrari to go grocery shopping
>I don't like to drive very fast
idiot

then you should sell them
if you don't like to play loud and don't use them for this reason, even when noise isn't an issue, then you should sell them

learn to record with amps like the one you practice with, or learn to do it without an amp at all

yeah, i wasn't very smart when i bought one of these 10 years ago
the other i'll take responsibility for because I like it

one's a half stack, so I'm considering selling the cab (at the minimum, might just sell the head too, idk) to buy a used princeton or champ or something

imho there is no reason to have more than one amp unless you're gigging two different sets, like you do jazz gigs mon-wed and metal gigs on the weekend.

otherwise just learn to love what you have, and supplement with effects gadgets if you really feel the need. there is an infinite amount of pleasure to be derived from even an acoustic guitar alone, you don't need to keep adding and adding just to tweak it here and there. master what you have

Get a hot plate.

Haven't been playing guitar for too long but I got a strat recently and after going to change the pickguard, my bridge pickup became unsoldered(?) from the pot and the 5 way switch. I wanna install it again but I have no clue what the fuck this string setup is in here. Should I just bring this in and pay for the repair or try it myself?

youtube.com/watch?v=m9tq0fXOnyg

>played cello in school
>dabble with family mandolin occasionally
>tune guitar in cgdaaa sometimes with good results
>this comes along

Would I be an idiot to get this over a 12-string? I don't even know how you would go about getting new strings for this.

>comes in here and starts asking dumb questions

HOW BOUT A PUNCH IN THE TALLYWACKER DUMB BOY

i got an irig ua instead of a cheap travel amp, and it records pretty decent quality audio and can mimic several amps/cabs/peddles. not bad for a $60 piece of gear imo

Can't tell what the fuck is going on from that picture, if you can solder yourself and can decipher wiring diagrams then nothing is stopping you from doing it yourself. If, however, you're unable to do either of those things then take it to the shop.
yui pls play nice

>string setup

huh? just resolder what came lose.

this is pretty cool user, thanks for posting at least
I was going to suggest against it but after establishing that mandocello is a legitimate member of the mandolin family, I think its kind of cool.

I don't ever see it fitting in with a bluegrass band but for a mandolin player I see the appeal, not many electric instruments designed to be tuned in fifths

not the cheapest strings in the world but definately available. there also seems to be nickel wound available

reminder if you can't at least play this scale in Aminor/Cmajor just kill yourself now because you are shit at guitar.

bumping for an answer to this post

I always laugh when I see some dumb 19 year old buying a video game. It's like why, you dumb fuck? Why waste your time and money? You don't know video games are deader than horse shit? What the fuck do you think's going to happen? Why do you think everybody in their late 20s and early 30s stops playing games? Go take a look at the lineups of all the MLG tourneys these days. What's the average game at most of those bands? League of Legends. Why do you think that is? I'll tell you why: because being poor as shit is only fun when you're a stupid ass kid. Just as soon as your peer group moves on to adult pursuits you look fucking retarded being the "cool kid who plays vidya". Trust me, when all your family and friends have stable jobs, kids, and nice houses your "autistic poverty" playing twitch out of an old dilapidated rust covered laptop won't measure up anymore. It's like.. think about what your doing, you dumb little shit. What are you trying to achieve? Do you really think you'll be one of the lucky few who'll wins the lottery and has a successful career in MLG? I mean, really? Do you really think you're talented and smart enough to succeed in the YouTube industry? Are you fucking stupid?

And don't give me all that "I do it for myself" bullshit either. lol, no fuck you don't. You're doing it in the hopes that one day it'll garner you some peer recognition, you're hoping it'll help you climb up socially one day. You do it because you're a fucking loser who wants to desperately escape the societal pecking order you feel has marginalized you. Name a famous gamer who started off wealthy. Oh, you can't? That's who you think you are, loser. You want that same success and you know it. Only problem with your plan is noone cares because video games don't matter anymore

Go to school, get a real job, and stop wasting your time trying to score "cool points" with other impressionable moron kids like you. You ain't gonna make it, you fucking idiot

Get a fucking clue

If my shit becomes a pasta on Sup Forums I'll never be able to leave.

If your original pasta encourages fewer people take up this disgustingly overpopular and overused instrument, I'm all for it

>tfw 21 year old neet that only taught himself guitar because there are no good games out & i could no longer ignore my lack of productivity in my pit of crushing loneliness

lol why?
I think it's great when people pick up the instrument realize how much commitment and discipline it takes and drop it and in the end can only envy and respect those who stick with it.

In other words the only way for other people to understand is for them to try something themselves and fail at it

>commitment and discipline
Fuck off with this. All the best players learned guitar because they literally had nothing else to do.

I've been watching the desertification for a few years now, I just like to laugh.
Case in point.

Gonna need to try harder than that if you wanna get a nibble out of me

There's just a lot of sentimental value tied to the amp i'm considering selling. I just don't think I can do it.

It only takes commitment and discipline if you want to really master it and get very good. It's not very difficult at all to get competent/intermediate at guitar, and in my experience most people are content to get to that level.

>tfw no decent versatile multi-channel hi-gain amp under $1000
>tfw you will never be able to play prog-metal because you are poor
Das it mane

What are "standard gauge strings"? This tells us nothing. There is no "standard". The only time you'd have to get crazy gauges is if you had a long scale length and/or an extended range guitar in some low tuning for the "djents" so your intonation wouldn't be ass and your strings buzzing all over the place.

Not to mention, you're asking this on /gg/. Ain't no one one here got any experience with anything but practice amps and Mexican fenders.

Too late, you're already shellacked and mounted. Pic related
>(you)

just save up, fgt

have my sights on either this or an Ibanez superstrat, both are similarly equiped, tremolos and 24 frets and are around 300-350 euros
which one should I go for? I feel like I might just buy one and then eventually the other one because I like both of them

That still doesn't make my point any less valid.
>Only takes commitment and discipline to master it
Subjective statement
It takes commitment to even buy the instrument, take the time to learn anything, and then practice it to the point where it actually resembles music.
There's a lot of value in effort.

check on the used market
there's some gems like the laney vh100r which usually go for 700-800

STOP

why on earth would you buy 2 shitty guitars when you can just buy one good one

Strats are comfier and don't have the tendency to do a neck dive.
So get one of those.

I'd stay away from the V shape man. Unless you're dead set on it, you'll probably regret it later on.

Since you said it's between this and an Ibanez RG, I'm going to assume you're not. I'd get a more traditional shape.

Why not just buy a spear because the only thing you're gonna use it for is to impale the wall when you give up learning to play

>laney vh100r
I will keep my eyes on that one user. Thank you, kind user. Have you had any experience with the used market? I am scared of buying something,and then for it to break after a month or two. Any tips on not getting scammed?

Play Progressive Black Metal.

Dude, I have had my eyes on Blackstar amps for a long time. The thing is that I have read about them not being reliable (made in china). Is this claim true? Because I had some serious gas on the amp on your picture, and the stage 60 one.

>There's a lot of value in effort
lmao
>I did my best and my best was abject failure and this is how I rationalize all the time I wasted with nothing of value to show for my efforts

>multi-channel
>hi-gain
those aren't thing you want user.

On more serious note, the ONLY hi-gain amp I've owned that I even remotely liked the onboard gain was the ENGL Invader 100. For the time being, I would HIGHLY recommend the S&K VHD distortion for a high gain pedal.

That sounds really interesting. A progressive version of Burzum is something I would be willing to listen.

in my experience most people don't even know what competent/intermediate is

competent to me means you can play with other players and not look stupid. if you're playing with me and want to look competent you better be able to play in every key, and I'd say maybe 5-10% of self proclaimed competent guitar players can actually do that

I think most players never even tried it long enough to realize the level of commitment it takes to actually learn the instrument, not just memorize a few tabs to fake knowing your way around the instrument

>implying Ways of Yore isn't already a progressive version of Burzum

lol I bet you didn't even read the conversation and are just trying to rustle some jimmies.

Shitpost moar and maybe you'll actually get good at it unlike your guitar skills

more recent tube amps like the laney aren't really tech that's just going to stop working all of a sudden, they're built like a tank usually and there's nothing really fragile about them other than the tubes
so make sure to test it in person and watch and listen for any defects like crackling, noise and microphonics that might indicate tube wear
so maybe factor in a set of replacement power tubes which is like $90 ish for most 100w amps

>in my experience
>competent to me means
>muh subjective definitions
lol

I'd much rather have 2 300-400 euro guitars than one 1000 euro guitar, you won't really find a terrible guitar these days, unless you're buying some weird ass branded guitar for less then 200 euros
it's much the same like cars, standards have risen so high that today you won't find a terrible car that's new

Alright, I have a really stupid question tho. Do you think I would still be able to play this 100W behemoth at my bedroom? I know I could get an attenuator, but damn those things are expensive. Anyways, thx for the suggestion user, I will pull the trigger once I find that laney on sale.

>Owned

Why the hell did you get rid of it? I bet that shit was rad.

fwiw, you're replying to Roman, and he is actually really bad at guitar. It's the fundamental insecurity from which all his shitposting stems. he is pretty good at shitposting though, and like I was saying earlier, if he gets fewer people to play guitar I'm all for it because too many people do it

>nuh uh!
>wasted time and energy with nothing to show for it is too valuable!
this is what you just said stupid

How can such a madman be so good at making music? His guitar playing is almost hypnotic.

I have a 50w head and it's way too loud
it's not like you can't turn it way down but then it starts to sound thin and weak so I prefer to just play with software at home and don't even keep the head here anymore

>he is actually really bad at guitar
I'll have you know I've never even owned a guitar!

You're expecting some shitstain board lurker to succeed in driving someone away from an instrument on Sup Forums?

The people who can stand to come here frequently and still attempt conversation aren't so weak to care about what someone else says to them from behind a computer

What software do you reccomend me user?

mfw I play a dozen different instruments but never even bothered learning guitar. Not once in my life have I even been in need of a guitar player, or even known somebody who is looking for a guitar player

almost all the desperate start up bands out there are lonely guitar players looking for friends

Goddamn, I love me some newfriends.

Guitar is in a lot of music, wtf do you play even?

>started playing guitar when I was a teenager
>seemed like a cool way to express yourself musically
>got really good
>considered accomplished even by professionals I sometimes associate with
>as I mature musically I realize writing guitar based music is rudimentary, simplistic and creatively limited compared to the infinite possibilities a laptop based DAW offers now
>as I mature musically I slowly realize how uninteresting most guitar based music actually is
>as I mature socially I come to realize most people have long since stopped caring about guitar based music too
>mfw guitar might as well be an accordion or a harpsichord now
>pic related: mfw I know in my heart I wasted my time on this instrument
>mfw I wish I could have all that time I wasted back
don't end up like me kids, save yourselves from my fate

rome you silly silly boy

Well am I wrong?
Do you actually change what you do based on opinions and questionable information received from the anons here?

>100W amp
>bedroom

Have fun with your ruptured eardrums.

When I do get a full time job I'm gonna buy a Klon and post a video of me destroying it on YouTube.

>tfw we are the same person

I really like s-gear2
no total overkill with millions of effects and stomps, it focuses on a small lineup of really detailed and solid amps instead
still customizable enough with custom speaker IRs, great redwirez IRs are stock
and it just sounds and feels better than anything else I tried

My buddy has a tube amp meant for large stadium gigs that he plays in his bedroom. he uses a volume pedal though.

What makes one amp handle distortion better than another amp?

Why are some amps good for cleans and others good for distortion? Like the actual mechanics of it.

I've got a 110W and I'm fine
cant move it past 2 though

Is he the hero we deserve?

youtube.com/watch?v=QmuXWfizwtY

You would put yourself in the hole $2K for someone elses entertainment?

piano, organ, banjo, all the brass instruments, drumset, fiddle, mandolin, keyboard percussion, and a few others it doesn't even matter

the point is that guitar players are literally a diamondozen. most of the groups I've played with were so saturated with guitarists that they had to take turns playing songs.

If I went to a large crowd of people and asked who played a musical instrument, the vast majority of hands raised would be guitarists, at least in the US

I consider myself lucky for having played piano first. because as I've developed and come to many of the same conclusions about piano, at least I can work a midi controller like a pro

You mean my entertainment? Yes, of course I would.

My autism only thirsts for lulz.

I think the issue of saturation came from the fact that the guitarist was sensationalized with all the solo spotlight.

Bassists get shafted
and drum kits aswell as all the other instruments are pricey to get into where as the buy in for guitar is low asf

youtube.com/watch?v=mozD5JutXO4

we need to start generating a stereotype that the bass player gets the most pussy by far

Oh shit, I didn't realize it's almost 6:30. My Mom will be home in a little while I gotta get off the computer.

I'll try to come back later tonight if I can. Bye.

>Complaining about guitars
>In a guitar general

user, it's pretty sad you seek self validation and ego fellating on an anonymous image board.

What kind of response are you looking for? If you're disinterested in the instrument, why are you shit posting here?