Can you honestly think of a bad thing to say about this film?

Can you honestly think of a bad thing to say about this film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mVt_1lGTUcg
youtube.com/watch?v=z4PKzz81m5c
youtube.com/watch?v=icFRHJ9VZaw
youtube.com/watch?v=W0luryR5uvU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was ok, not quite my tempo

The car crash was contrived drama and a teacher who behaved like that would never last as long as he did (there's these things called anonymous student reviews).

As much as it tried to be, it wasn't realistic.

I'm not watching it right now.

Miles Teller plays the autistic band kid perfectly.

whey

I forgot the entire thing in like a week

no tits

jazz is shit and its fans are the worst

Miles teller stupid face.

>a teacher who behaved like that would never last as long as he did
Yes you do. Perhaps exaggerrated but he was based on the writer-directors own music teacher. Plus I had a similar one.

Agreed on the car crash though.

I wanna punch Miles Teller in his smug autistic face

Get in line faggo

>a film about overcoming yourself and pushing through the pain until you reach mastery
>all that to be
>a
>fucking
>drumer
lmaoing at your drumer life man
literally nobody cares about how good you are at drums, nobody
should have played a real instrument

It was a pretty accurate representation of what being in this sort of band is like, but if you added in a dose of hyperbole to the conductor, a teacher like that wouldn't really hold a job very long.

but in my experience they could still get away with being assholes, but like not throwing shit at you type of assholes

>drumer

but how would charles parkway have become greatest saxamaphoneist

jazz is the truest form of music faggot

Isn't music subjective?

Was kinda ridiculous how his sweat covered the every part of cymbals in the last scene

yes except for jazz which is shit

Absolutely 10/10 film. I still need to collect this Kino on blu ray

yes except for jazz which is the best

youtube.com/watch?v=mVt_1lGTUcg

>he fell for the blu ray meme

too edgy, if they've tone it down a bit could have been a masterpiece

music was god tier though

As much as I like this film I fucking hate Miles Tellers face, especially when he's really drumming and his cheeks are all burned up. I just want his face to get smacked in.

>I fucking hate Miles Tellers face

is this a meme?

Nigga you stupid

nice argument bro

"All right gang, Whiplash"

What did he mean by this?

Great film for people who have zero clue about drumming or music in general.

Shot with that pleb-pandering disgusting yellow saturation

A bit too savage, no music teacher is ever that bad. If they'd toned it down a little and not made him a completely despicable cunt, it could've worked.

Why didn't Fletcher tell Andrew about that song Dona Lee? He could have ruined the career of those other musicians too, since it was one of the most important jazz festivals.

>side plot with the girlfriend was entirely unnecessary. existed only to beat the central theme over the audience's head even harder
>side characters are written like seinfeld characters
>teller goes from gawky and awkward to uproarious asshole between heartbeats
>jk simmons is written like a cartoon character
>we're meant to believe that a teacher in a school of rich white kids could get away with slapping them and calling them faggots
>miles teller gets hit head on by an 18 wheeler, escapes the wreckage of his overturned car, and manages to get to the performance
It's pretty shit.

your comment comes across as musically retarded

>musicians' problems
oh noes my le struggle

Your comment comes across as factually retarded.

I didn't even bother to look up trivia after I finished watching

DUDE HIT THE DRUMS FAST LMAO

I was surprised I liked it. I thought I would find it boring because I didn't find the subject matter particularly interesting. But it had my attention through the whole movie.

>we're meant to believe that a teacher in a school of rich white kids could get away with slapping them and calling them faggots

But he didn't get away with it. He got fired.

i actually had a teacher almost as bad as this except he didn't literally throw objects at people

funnily enough he also was a music teacher so maybe there is some universal thing about asshole music teachers

YEAH abuse students so they reach greatness music style oh wait its 2014 when this was released music was shit then and its still lame now

You're commitment comes lacross as literary retarted

kill yourself

>modern music sucks

I wish I could nuke every fag like you off the planet

>literary

do it but first drum faster faster boi

why would i wanna watch a movie about drumming

cos drumming is wicked sick

it's noisy noise that isn't noice

Generic sports movie for band kids. Le edgy main character cries like a bitch. Sub plot romance was a joke at best. Lots of curse words pass off as """"comedic"""" relief. Predictable story.

Nah bro it's flawless

>what is rhythm and why is it the backbone to any piece of music

ME RIDDEM DEM

nigger

Teachers like that don't exist.
There's two types of people in music. Those who are autistically obsessed with perfection with no soul. And those who are all soul no perfection. You don't find both.

Are you serious? He looks like a melted wax statue of a parrot.

I think that was the point of the scene with him playing in the bar, to show that he's actually not a completely psychotic hateful fuck, he's just a guy who loves music and wants people to be the best they can be at it. He took it to a ridiculous extreme but they tried to show he was human away from the classroom, same with the scene where he's talking to the kid.

>I know every teacher in the world

I got your drummer right there budy

holy shit look at all these edgy contrarions
are you guys all 16 or something?

I'm trying to figure out why my post was lumped in with the others since I didn't mention anything about knowing every teacher in the world. But now I'm thinking that's probably a waste of thought.

keep your metrocuck

Which was your post?

fpbp

I was just pointing out the teacher in the movie got fired. I never claimed to know every teacher in the world.

Relationship went by too fast. They go on one awkward date and the next time he sees her he dumps her like it was a huge loss.

Apologies I skim read your green text and attributed it to you. I think we're in agreement.

I never watched it thinking it was supposed to be a 100% realistic drama. I've always thought you have to take it like an allegory about art and achievement.

Also, my piano teacher said many great jazz musicians were off tempo by a little bit, so Fletcher's full of shit and just wants his students to be his bitch.

>when you think of a funny joke and literally the first post in the thread is it verbatim

If I can't harvest bulk (you)'s I think you deserve them

bad writers goto jazz as the meta commentary on society

white people flock to jazz because its 2deep4u music category

entire movie was made for pretentious low end middle class plebs that spend 50k on bmws and walk around with north face jackets yoga pants and uggz pretending to be rich, sipping on starbucks and acting like a snob, while attending community colleges and living in shit holes like new jersey

it got universal praise because most plebs aspire to being pretentious snobs commentating on society through the meta music category of jazz, while in reality, the character was deeply flawed, the premise was terrible and contrived, the teacher was a caricature, and the entire plot was paper thin at best, with little to go on and little to actually involve the viewers in the internal struggles of a musician

also the performance of the main character wasn't a good one, the character wasn't developed or interesting, nothing about the subject matter was involved. you could have interchanged the subject matter for literally anything and you'd have the same exact movie. i'd say the entire movie suffered due to its own failure to establish itself beyond the subject matter.

>people who teach jazz and music in general most often misunderstand why certain things work like they do
More news at eleven.

I thought it was great desu and I've never really understood tv's dislike for it (besides Miles of course).

Good thing he wasnt a jazz musician but a well practiced automaton.

have you ever liked anything before?

While I enjoyed Whiplash, its been noted that its quite derivative of Black Swan.

shibboleted a Jersey cunt

>I've never really understood tv's dislike for it

I've come to realise that if there isn't a man in spandex running around quipping at people, Sup Forums tends not to like it

>you hate everything because you don't like this film!
nigger, the thread was made asking for criticism , i provided

there are better movies, just pretentious turds like this that were poorly acted in get academy awards, and pity awards get given out to leo because poor leo he ate a raw liver, a bloo bloo

Fuck off normie

>if there isn't a man in spandex running around quipping at people
Then why does Sup Forums hail Batman v Superman as the second coming of Christ, and one of the best movies ever?
It only fits one of your criteria.
But yes, if it isn't capeshit, it's just regular shit, regards Sup Forums

i dont recall a lesbian sex scene?

LOL WUT

you trolling me?

>BvS
>NOT men running around in spandex
KEK

Music teachers are all manipulative weirdos. My high school band director was everyone's favorite teacher, but he would take every opurtunity to call out people and embarrass them if he thought they weren't trying hard enough. I only realized he was an asshole after he made my girlfriend cry.

>i had a teacher who was nothing like that so he cannot exist

It's not men in spandex running around quipping at people.
I guess you missed the
>It only fits one of your criteria
part.
Retard.

It's musically shallow, glorifies narcissists, and has a stupid premise.

Agreed.

It attracts people who like micromanagement. Band director at my HS was a conspiracy theory believing right winger who would go off on tangents about how communism doesn't work... in music class.

>white people
nigger

I don't understand why you use Sup Forums loving BvS as an example of Sup Forums not liking capeshit.

How retarded are you?

How retarded are you?
I'm not using Sup Forums liking BvS as an example of Sup Forums not liking capeshit.
At least put some thought into reading posts.

/threaderino

Jazz is shit, it's not even music.

Are you retarded?

How is this not music? youtube.com/watch?v=z4PKzz81m5c
youtube.com/watch?v=icFRHJ9VZaw

Please never regurgitate such a shit opinion in a real life setting.

Out of the way, true art coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=W0luryR5uvU

How retarded are you actually?
Defending Sup Forums opinions with BvS then blaming my reading comprehension. Get fucked.

But, if you watched the film, you would know that it addressed this precise topic when the main character is eating dinner with his family. His acceptance into one of the greatest music schools in the world is overshadowed by his cousin's acceptance into some no-name school because of a football scholarship. Being a drummer is underrated, but he doesn't care. He doesn't need to prove his worth to anyone who wouldn't appreciate his skills. If you knew anything about music you would know that the drums are very much a "real instrument." Fuck you man I'm a drummer and so triggered rn.

this desu