What is the best tv series of all time and why is it westworld?

what is the best tv series of all time and why is it westworld?

never have i seen something like this, and i have seen many

I like West World but fuck did that ending feel rushed and unsatisfying. I remember hearing people bringing up the point of "doesn't it feel like the writers are more focused on the twists and turns rather than compelling story telling"

And at first, I was like, naw. But after watching the ending, I completely understand. What was the point of the whole Men In Black/ William story line if people figured it out in episode 2?

Idk. I felt like it could have been quite a bit better.

Tits
Violence
Twists
Turns
What's not to love?

>What was the point of the whole Men In Black/ William story line if people figured it out in episode 2?

come on, how could you have done that?

Who gives a shit about minor plot disappointments? Westworld basically points out that we're all bound by our programming (genetics, environment, prior causal networks) and that our universe is deterministic. It fucked me up like no other TV show ever has.

True Detective season 1
Sopranos
Rectify until this latest season
Boss
Game of Thrones
Stranger Things
Fargo
Black Mirror
Twilight Zone
Breaking Bad

That's all I can think of right now

Despite being a show i really enjoyed its hardly the best. The characters were boring and unmemorable... heres hoping for season 2.

you forgot the wire,
but they are all inferior to westworld imo

Hannibal season 1 and 2 would fit nicely in that list.

Westworld could and should have put the entire story into one episode. I'm actually pretty disappointed with it altogether.

thats what the movie is for. the show is nice to see the finer workings of the park and characters

Black Mirror wasnt better than Westworld. It was ok at best.

I liked Boss, never see anyone else mention it.

>black mirror
the most autistic shit i've ever seen

The young pope is really good.

you seen black mirror? im in love with that atm

WestWorld is great to go in blind. Don't read nothing about the show before hand.

Pretty fucking good. The fact that Hopkins was willing to be involved with it should have been a tip.

And that's fine. That whole universe is deterministic thing didn't do it for me, so i judged the show more on it's execution. And i can tell you, there are lots of iffy shit when it comes to execution.

When Maeve is escaping, and all those security guards couldn't even land a single bullet. That shit was amateur writing and directing. The fact that tattoo bitch just stands there with her hand extended as the door shuts on her hand, is retarded execution. You can see it coming a mile away and these are fucking robots.

Stubbs get's tackled and then, nope. you'll never see that guy again. He's probably alive but fuck if I know.

Maeve leaves then comes back and the lights turn off. And then what happens? I get that they want a cliff hanger but not resolving a storyline like that is pretty god damn lame.

Sylvester is writing terribly. I couldn't take any of his scenes seriously. You are an asshole, you then proceed to cry because Maeve threatens you and instead of telling the higher ups and, then ensuring your safety, you decide to help this murderous robot. The same robot that slit your throat.

There's just a bunch of iffy things in this show that irks the hell outta me. Wrong decisions all around and poor execution of ideas. Still a good show but damn, could it have been better.

>Westworld basically points out that we're all bound by our programming
If thats what you got out the show the you didnt understand the show and what Andrews objective was with the AI.

Andrew? you mean Arnold?

>This.

Shit is efficient in it's screen usage.

Everything in frame is necessary and meticulously plotted. One of the best miniseries ever aired

yeah sorry terrible with names on that show.

what does that american flag have to do with the plot then, huh?

Watch the series and you'll see.

Shiit. You got me. Guess I gotta watch this shit just to find out what that flag has to do with all of this.

One thing about Westworld was Season 1 was written and shot without knowing if they'd get a Season 2, so they wanted to tie everything up at the end as well as they could, but still leave room for any mystery later on.