How the fuck is she even remotely next in line? She's not even a Baratheon

How the fuck is she even remotely next in line? She's not even a Baratheon.

she the mum tho

Baratheons are dead. She obviously orchestrated the massacre. People don't know what else she's capable of so they let her take control in fear of their own lives. Not that hard to understand.

D&d don't care about your nerdy "line of succession". They just do whatever they think is gonna be an awesome twist.

She was married to the one who reigned before he died.
She was Queen regent just a short time ago.
All Baratheon heirs save for an illegitimate bastard who's dedicated his life to rowing are gone.
She has a powerful army and a monstrous bodyguard.
All the other rivals with strong claims and armies are outside the city.

doesnt work like that in got sorry

they just didn't write it very well is all, i think they just wanted cersei to sit on the iron throne so they just kinda made it happen logic be damned

Might makes right. Cersei just wiped out pretty much all opposition in one fell swoop, and left the remnants leaderless and in disarray. She's also got one of the largest standing armies remaining in the realm.

She got rid of anyone (with actual power) who'd oppose her.

Inheritance is passed down, not up
Why doesn't someone just kill her? I know of she has the zombie mountain but he's not with her all the time plus there's such a thing as arrows

BRAVO DABID

>>doesnt work like that

Lel

i mean it doesn't

last time there was even a hint of the line of succession being ignore the continent exploded into war

I'm positive George is building up to that.

Cersei fucked up immensely during her time as Queen (in the books, they don't bother addressing anything but the Sparrows in the show) and kept making mistake after mistake.

I think she will have learned a lot from her fuck ups.

Varys wanted Kevan and Pycelle out of the way so Cersei could keep fucking up but she'll put a spanner in the works by actually being able to be a competent, albeit extremely cruel and increasingly crazy ruler.

for sure, but D&D didn't put in the brainpower to come up with a logical explanation for how it'll work, so they just did it

So you're saying she's an usurper?

Qyburn worked his magic to make it happen
And he's mind-controlling her to do what he wants

Cersei by conquest

She has literally killed everyone that is in a position to challenge her for the throne.

If it worked for Robert, I guess it works for Cersei.

>muh dragons
>muh ships
>muh army of womyn

we can only hope that cercei wins

>last time there was even a hint of the line of succession being ignore the continent exploded into war
And you think this won't happen now? Cersei has controll over KL, the crownlands and the westerlands everyone else is pretty much independent/in open rebellion or backing the last remaining claimant and going to war

Who has a more legitimate claim excluding Dany?

Robert, his (children) and his brothers are dead

She is next in line

Robert was backed by the majority of the kingdom.

ok genius tell me, what would happen if she didn't claim the throne? go on i'll wait

>for sure, but D&D didn't put in the brainpower to come up with a logical explanation for how it'll work, so they just did it

They really should never have strayed too far from the source material. They did a great job when they didn't stray too far from the path.

Was watching some clips from season 1 recently. Feels so long ago and like a completely different show now.

thats like saying why didn't someone just shoot jon with an arrow? or shoot jamie with an arrow? or shoot joffery with an arrow? or shoot anyone with an arrow?
>doesnt work like that in got sorry
you're literally so wrong, I feel embarrassed for you

She's not next in line. She's just unopposed at the moment.

Succession crisis and interesting plot development.

[S]Stannis[/s]

it probably will but that doesn't mean there was enough thought and explanation put into how she actually usurped the crown

like she has to have more supporters than the mountain and qyburn because they both literally hold no power, but she had to have alienated a large portion of people from nearly every class of people by her terrorist attack

how did every single person involved in granting her the crown go "yes okay this makes sense"

If Rhaegar did wed Lyanna in secret, Jon.

If not, no one.

Doesn't make him any less of a usurper. He wasn't in the line of succession, he kicked the asses of those who were, and then boom, he suddenly was. Cersei basically did the same thing, just with less help.

That's how monarchies work. Targaryen were not native from Westeros neither.

after she just killed half the nobles she's gonna give a fuck about rightful succession, errrr ok

>you're literally so wrong

cool man when was the last time in game of thrones a female unrelated to a bloodline usruped a crown with no resistance because they managed to kill a lot of people at once

everyone else with a remotely easy to prove claim is dead so she seized power. Who's going to stop her?

Well I'm sure almost everyone in King's Landing is against it. But it all happened so fast, and anyone who speaks out would get killed. It takes time to organize a rebellion, you know. Wait until next season for that to happen

Lannister armies are in shambles after the war, doubt they had the money to rebuild after their gold mines dried up and financing the crown with all the money they did have.

Even if they had the numbers, good luck feeding them in winter when the Reach is the breadbasket of the kingdoms. Plus the Tyrell armies were barely even touched by the war, they had more numbers to begin with and even more so now. Of course, D&D didnt consider any of this, they just wanted a trendy bad poosy coronation scene.

Sure. But considering it was all of a minute of screen time at the end of the finale it's a bit premature to go off about a plot point that's literally just begun. It's safe to say that she took the throne by force, having an unkillable zombie as her personal guard as well as the loyalty of the army, the people of Kings Landing just saw her obliterate her immediate competition in equal amounts calculated and batshit fashion not unlike the mad king. They all remember what they the people did to shame her and have no doubt she'd harbour a great amount of resentment against the people, not to mention the fact that everyone knows that for as much a cunt as Cersei is, the only love she has is for her children - of which there are none left. Put all that together and I'm not surprised the people of Kings Landing bowed down out of sheer fear that she might straight up medievil-nuke the city if anyone so much and cast a stray eye at her.

Like I said before, it's only just happened and leading into season 7 for all we know her right to the throne WILL be a point of contention - and let's face it, likely will be - so there's really no point getting all rah rah about it right now. That's one way of what story is when boiled down, it's something that happens that develops as it goes on. So let it go on, and when it doesn't make sense when it's SUPPOSED to make sense, that's when people should start raising fists.

and who was on Tommen's small council? Pycel (dead), Uncle Kevan (dead), Father in law Mace (dead). Am I missing someone? There were no officials, no Hand of the King to lead in Tommen's abscense. Cersei makes the most sense, having served as queen for, what? 14 + years

>with no resistance

They seemed to be doing ok in Riverrun.

She has the lannister forces and the westerlands, pretty much the only realm that is still sworn to the IT - she is in fact the most powerful figure in her realm of dominion who would oppose her? All the other great houses in the reach/dorne/north don't give a shit about it because they are sworn to another sovereign

Lines of succession are retarded and you are retarded for thinking that they matter at all

Its called being conquered

>But it all happened so fast, and anyone who speaks out would get killed

But it wouldn't happen like that. It wouldn't be like

"Fuck, Tommen died. Now Cersei has the crown!"

It'd be more

"Fuck, Tommen died. Okay, well someone pull up the baratheon family tree and start trying to track down some bastards. What do you mean Cersei wants to be queen? No."

>when was the last time in game of thrones a female unrelated to a bloodline usruped a crown with no resistance because they managed to kill a lot of people at once
Dany?

There's no sense in arguing over Cersei's claim, she was Queen Regent just a matter of months ago.

The more important question is how will she seek to consolidate her power now? She's got a potential Queen with a powerful claim, an army and plenty of support behind her. Surely when she hears that news she'll realise Dany is the beauty from the prophecy.

If she wants to solidify her spot on the throne and ward off Dany, she'll need allies and support, but who?

Littlefinger is the only one I can really see being willing to support her. Offering her the Vale army to support her in exchange for marriage to him, making him King, King Regent or King something.

Why does it need to have happened before to make sense?

Its good BECAUSE its out of fucking nowhere

if claims were worth a damn stannis would be king.

this was meant for obama is impossible because there was never a black president of the USA before him

>What do you mean Cersei wants to be queen? No.

>*Remembers earlier that day* Um...I mean...

soz guys should have made it more clear i meant in westeros

i mean i thought that'd be obvious since dany's entire storyline is based around feminism and a woman conquering, and cersei's isn't

>i meant in westeros

Dorne and The Reach are in Westeros.

It's not like it's one dude opposing her. The entire institutional system of everyone employed to serve and manage the crown would have to okay this. This isn't just bureaucrats either. Soldiers and guards would have to be a-okay with this decision before it would even go through.

Speaking of Dany, does anybody in Westeros besides Sand Sneks, Euron, and Olenna Tyrell know she's coming?

Because they have to show healthy feminist values.

>dany usurped dorne and the reach

excuse me?

user, you know they just joined her, right? she didn't kill anyone to get them.

There's a difference between being "okay" and "...okay".

Jon is not public knowledge though

They will soon enough. A massive armada can't stay secret too long.

The continent IS about to explode into war. The North, the Iron Islands and the Riverlands are already in open rebellion. The Reach and Dorne soon to follow.

Didn't say he was, just that if his dad did marry his mom he has a more legitimate claim, albeit one nobody, including himself, knows about.

and they wouldn't be either. because cersei has no immediate power in kings landing. she has (with her) qyburn, the mountain and lets assume some lannister soldiers are still completely loyal to her inexplicably.

if any of them said no to her, what would she do? call a raven, tell the westerlands that its time to invade kings landing because they wont let her break the rules?

The whole situation CAN make sense, it just doesn't with how they set it up.

Sure, as one of the Great Houses they're bound to have more than the Freys and the ragtag Tully leftovers. But compared to the Tyrells, who have the largest host and are probably now the richest house with the decline of the Lannisters, theyre fucked. They also have Randyll Tarly to command their armies, probably the best living general by now. Cersei killed Kevan and likely alienated Jaime so doesnt look like the Lannisters even have a competent general.

SHE'S YOUR ... QUEEEEEEEEN TO BEEEEE
A QUEEN THAT LASTS FOREEEEVAAAAH

All the bastards were killed though

>usruped a crown with no resistance

Dorne and the Tyrells especially would have been on their way to King's Landing regardless of whether Dany was with them or not. Cersei didn't usurp the crown without resistance.

sneks murdered their own family you brick headed fool. why is no one crying at them?
you're wrong, face it, and stop posting.

{80s Eddie Murphy laugh}
Good one.

man i am not on the ball today. this post was meant for

Except Gendry, although almost nobody knows he's alive. I'm wondering if we will ever see him again. I can't really see him being important to the plot anymore.

Littlefinger mentioned him this last episode when talking to Sansa at least.

Someone give me one reason Doran couldn't have been in cahoots with Varys from long ago? It would have been much more interesting had the snakes been becoming an increasing threat to him and the peace he desired and finally when the shit is about to hit the fan and they are trying to stage a coup, Varys steps out of the hallway and quips about not needing to resort to violence, Ellaria turns to Doran and then “I am not blind, nor deaf. I know that you all believe me weak, frightened, feeble. Your [love?] knew me better. Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him. I was the grass. Pleasant, complaisant, sweet-smelling, swaying with every breeze. Who fears to walk upon the grass? But it is the grass that hides the viper from his enemies and shelters him until he strikes. [Oberyn] and I worked more closely than you know … but now he is gone. The question is, can I trust his [You] to serve me in his place?"

He's probably living castaway-style on an unpopulated island somewhere

>Littlefinger mentioned him this last episode when talking to Sansa at least.

I missed that, what did he say?

She isn't in line, she has forcefully taken the throne.

It remains yet to be revealed how other houses will react to this. They may indeed bring up the fact that she isn't legitimate and determine themselves or someone else a more suitable ruler.

Not that hard to figure out desu.

I would have liked that

>Littlefinger mentioned him this last episode

No he didn't.

>Okay, well someone pull up the baratheon family tree and start trying to track down some bastards
1-No one knows of any Robert's bastard
2-Who would support a bastard that came out of nowhere and has no proof of being the king's son other than his mother's word?
3-You're fucking retarded

She took the throne like Lenin did - killing everyone who opposed her, fuck claims.

Femanon here. Used to love this show and almost dropped it hard but picked it up again

Cersei is the best portrayal of a female character. Bar-none. She's strong, independent and a manipulative mastermind who knows how to play the Game of Thrones like a pro. As someone who likes to self-insert into her character since I'm a total mean bitch like her, I find it stupid and meaningless the way they mistreated her in the show. Putting one of the strongest female characters into a position where she has to face humiliation and drink dirty floor water really shows how sexist and anti-feminist the show creators are. Just look at how they treated the sand snakes. They set them up as strong, pro-feminist characters with qualities setting them apart from the sheep, but in the next episode they are revealed to be submissive 10/10's here-are-the-tits-for-all-the-man-pigs-watching-the-show. Not saying that sand snakes were the best characters since I think Cersei is the by far the best feminist-friendly character in any tv show to date, but the way the creators treat female characters like pieces of meat or submissive and humiliating roles really shows the black ooze lurking in their sexist little heats. I'm glad that the writers finally listened up and put Cersei back in power as she totatlly deserves it for all the hardship they put her in the show. She's the only one that can rule King's Landing rightfully and justly.

"Who should the north rally behind? Trueborn daughter of Ned and Catelyn Stark, born here at Winterfell? Or a motherless bastard, born in the south"

Couldn't have been talking about anyone other than Gendry, even if he didn't say him by name.

Lenin was more Dany-ish though. He didn't take the throne, he "smashed the wheel" or whatever it was.

Oh shit. I just realized he meant Jon instead.

>Cersei has no immediate power in kings landing

You could say the same about her at the beginning of the episode as well. Nek minute...

I get what you're saying, that she doesn't in accordance to the rules, have the right. But you're assuming a psychopath with a gun isn't going to shoot you because it's by law illegal. EVERYONE saw what Cersei orchestrated when someone opposed her, why, for even a second would anyone assume she wouldn't do it again, or for that matter have a plan in waiting should anyone try to deny her the throne?

Same. I can understand them dropping Quentyn, less so Arianne but for fuck's sake, if they were going to keep Doran why gimp the character so much and take away his best speech and moment?

He was related to the Targs
Rhaegar was his cousin once removed

seek professional help.

How the fuck is she even remotely next in line to rule Dorne? She's the kingslaying bastard ex-lover of Oberyn.

In history there were kings who ruled by being grandson of the sister of the mother of the wife of the second king, it doesn't really matter when you are conquered, even the shittiest claim will do if you have the military power. The show and books make it confusing, because no matter how martin likes to sperg out about muh tax policy, his poorly tought-off medieval society doesn't have people who die naturally of age/ilness and there's little to no diplomatic acquisition of power, everything is done by sword or dagger in the dark.

>How the fuck is she even remotely next in line? She's not even a Baratheon.

Coup lead by the Lannisters.

Don't worry. Dany will kill her soon.

>lets assume some lannister soldiers are still completely loyal to her inexplicably.

Why shouldn't every single lanister soldier be loyal to her?

>doesn't have people who die naturally
What about the maester on the wall? The Targaryen guy.

The book is based off of a pretty unstable time in the medieval era, it stands to reason that a lot of people are dying via the sword. Jaime even mentions it at one point, about how all the heroes he looked up to are now deceased.

Another character completely destroyed by the show.

>"Oberyn wanted vengeance for Elia. Now the three of you want vengeance for him. I have four daughters, I remind you. Your sisters. My Elia is fourteen, almost a woman. Obella is twelve, on the brink of maidenhood. They worship you, as Dorea and Loreza worship them. If you should die, must El and Obella seek vengeance for you, then Dorea and Loree for them? Is that how it goes, round and round forever? I ask again, where does it end? I saw your father die. Here is his killer. Can I take a skull to bed with me, to give me comfort in the night? Will it make me laugh, write me songs, care for me when I am old and sick?"

Why the fuck couldn't they just leave Dorne out? It was never a spectacular part of the books but I would rather it not be there at all than be so horrifically shit.

>his poorly tought-off medieval society doesn't have people who die naturally of age/ilness

Yes it does. Robert himself died of illness. Y'know, the guy whose death started the whole conflict.

Cersei literally

***LITERALLY***

is next in line in the (known) Baratheon lineage you fucking retards.

Her great-grandfather or something was a Baratheon. If you bothered to look at some family trees before going nuclear about muh bad writing you would know this.

Jaime could dispute her claim since he's a man but he's not going to do that.

>Four nobles, the pope, and a thousand courtiers/peasants
>Half the nobles
Pick one

He died through a plot, killed by a boar.

That's one of the few exceptions, but generally disease is almost never shown and most of the characters aren't old enough to die naturally. The medieval society described in the flashbacks is much more fleshed out that what we have now, which is more akin to dark ages than high medieval era.