Im retarded, why wouldn't this work?

im retarded, why wouldn't this work?

I too remember troll science

You're just adding 30 dollars to the mix, you now have 30 dollars, they now have 40; they earned 20 dollars, you earned 10

because you're the guy on the right

Because nigger will steal the box

There is 50 dollars total, alright? So you both deposit 10 in the box, right? That's 20. He buys the box that's 20 dollars in it for 30 dollars. He loses 20 dollars, since he put 10 in and gave you 30, and only got 20 back. You make a 20 dollar profit, he loses 20 dollars.

But they deposit 20 each in the box, not 10.

Then there's 70 dollars total and the values are changed slightly. You earn 10 dollars and he loses 10.

Troll science is still a thing. All it takes is people to make OC with it by being creative. It's really unlimited in the amount of OC you can make with this.

Wow you should be trumps new treasurer!

Plot twist: OP IS Goldman Sachs, the troll on the left

Guy 1:
-20 + 30 = 10 of profit

Guy 2:
-20 - 30 = 50 of loss

yes you are

no

>but muh educashun
You're fucking stupid. I haven't slept in 5 days and I still can see that he gets 40 dollars back. It doesn't just magically disappear because of nigger welfare and Jews.

guy on the right is loses 10 bucks

1st: Both go -20
2nd: Right gives left 30 dollars
this makes left +10 (-20 + 30), right however has spent 50 (20 in box + 30 he bought the box for) dollars in total but only gets 40 back (box)

3rd: Guy on left makes 10 guy on right loses 10
pretty simple, did I get trolled

Picture 1:
Troll 1(left) = -20
Troll 2(right)= -20
Picture 2:
Troll 1= +30
Troll 2= -30
Picture 3:
Troll 1= +20
Troll 2= +20
and 4 = bullshit
Troll 1 total: 30
Troll 2 total: -30

oh hun

>Picture 3
>Both gain $20

No where in there does it say that, you fucking autist.

Troll 2 lost $20, then spent $30 more to purchase $40 dollars. This is first grade level math, you should know how to add and subtract numbers user.

They receive the money in the box after the transaction in picture 2 has been made meaning they both get the 20 they first put in, not 10 in profits.

Guy on the right puts 20$ in the box, then pays 30$ to get the whole thing. So he spent 50$ and got 40$

you're not. it works fine

A: -20 + 30 = net 10
B: -20 - 30 + 40 = net -10

sadly there's a difference between infinite steps and a real circle.

1. pic: both loose 20
2. pic: left looses another 30 and gets 40 from the box, loosing 10 bucks. right makes 10 profit, cause 30-20 = 10

Right makes 10$ profit, left looses 10$.

Muuu Mathhhhh

regarding mirrors, in science fiction movies why don't they make the outside of space ships out of mirrors to reflect laser attacks?

alright, I'll admit I don't actually know why this wont work. I can feel it doesn't, but I don't know why.

Because fiction movies say their lasers are actually just plasma (super-heated gas)

Tell me why this wouldn't work. JUST HOW would this not work?
This is fucking brilliant.

Because the dude that is paying for the box is losing ten bucks

No matter how infinite it gets, you're still making a infinitely smaller square and not a circle.

>all these squares make a circle

Because for it to work you'd have to jump at the same speed you fall. Say you can jump on the ground with an initial velocity of 5 - if you're falling from a building with velocity 150, jumping just before you hit the ground will mean you impact at 145.

because space lasers aren't actual LASERS or they would either just be big straight lines trying to melt each other or power pointing each other in battle

Because you and the chair are 2 different bodies. You move at the same speed as the chair, not *with* chair. Which means, if you are falling at the ground with 40m/s while being on the chair and let go, you still move at 40m/s direction ground, independend of the chair.

Dude, once you get past infinity, you fail to physically continue, right? Like, time and matter end? Circles have an area though, so I guess it is possible to have a rounded or absolute digit to define pie.

ahh, got ya

You got the infinite gas one? Magnets instead of gas?

Even if this worked, what it doesn't. Magnets are still limited in their power and would loose their magnetism after a while.

When you jump normally, you exert force into the ground, and the ground exerts an equal amount of force into you, while your legs also propel your body upward. The reason this works is because the mass of the earth is large enough that the force you exert into it is negligible.

Now imaging you are pushing a chair that is falling at 20m/s while you are also falling 20m/s. When you push down, you exert force into the chair and it exerts force back at you, but the mass of the chair is small enough that the force you exert pushes the chair farther down, meaning ALL the force you are using is being transferred to the chair and not into you. Therefore you will continue to fall at 20m/s while the chair has accelerated slightly due to the force you exerted.

tl;dr you can only jump off a falling object that has sufficient mass, and not something with very low mass or no air resistance.

Fuck. You're right.

Because this would happen.

Your not going to be able to push off that chair at the sane speed as standing on solid ground. The chair doesn't have the necessary mass to push back against your weight so you can even achieve that measly supposed 5

>-20-30=50 of loss
Should be
-20-30+40=10 of loss

The magnet and blade are attracted to each other at the same rate. Instead of spinning, both arms would stick together and get stuck. If one arm was weaker, it would bend or break to reach the magnet, not spin the wheel, since there is an equal amount of force being applied to each arm in opposite directions.

half and half is 15
15 is loose
success

>mfw it actually works

water does not behave in the same way at that scale.

Buyer spends 30 dollars to get 20 dollars.
Seller spends 20 dollars to get 30 dollars.
I'm fucking done with this world.

>solar panel
>solar
>sol

If only there was a way to account for all that thermal energy being lost

maybe your water is just retarded

1. No surface is 100% reflective
2. Solar panels are only about 20% efficient at using the light energy that hits it.
3. The light that hits the back of the panel, and the battery is lost

again who did you sell the box to?

Kek the power of those fans would be amazing. And the solider would be spinning like a rag doll

Don't forget the thermal energy being lost as well nigger

Nu uh, you would gain such great speeds that you would need to control how much energy is being generated you would be gaining so much.

All it would need is a gravity-drop function. Like every time it magnetizes to a perpendicular edge of the circumference of the turbines' propellers, they drop and gain momentum.

Magnetized momentum generated electricity. - Anonymous.

It's very simplified to show the concept. Obviously the higher the mass you push off the closer to that '5' you would achieve.

It wont work because magnets need to be facing the other direction.

Box = 40

person A = -20
person B = -20

Person A buys box for 30.

Person A: -50 + box = -10
Person B 30 - 20 = 10

10-10=0

Nothing is "made".

There is simply a transfer of money from person A to person B.

lets say the bullets used were 1700m/s, the fan would have to be forcing air at that rate just to stop the bullet. The fastest wind speed ever recorded was clocked at about 113.333m/s, so the fan would have to blow air at more than 15 times the FASTEST WIND SPEED EVER RECORDED just to stop the bullet, and even faster to turn it around. Regardless to say, if you could blow air at the speed of a bullet, you would have better things to do with it than defend soldiers.

this actually works tho

would you use it to blow soldiers?

Bullshit. someone must have more than a couple of N/S magnets lying around. Glue them to a makeshift windmill or turbine out of sticks or something. Make it into a YouTube video and upload it.

check the mythbusters episode on this.

faster than that rate for sure because of inertia and friction etc

> what is inertia

Maybe if you jumped REALLY high?

For there to be zero injury, you'd have to jump as hard as the elevator is falling to counteract the momentum.

I'd also think the roof of the elevator would cause an issue.

vibrations through the pole do not travel at the speed of light.

I always thought of that as a kid

Not true, the motion only goes around the speed of sound... would take a long time to bridge 1 LY

magnet would have to be so powerful it would warp the earth's magnetic field and probably kill anyone using it just from the sheer magnetic force it exerts.

You could do that if the magnet had an insane amount of power

Cause u lost 20 when u took it out of the box.... also if the person thinks its $10 that means u each have $5

This assumes a completely rigid stick.
In reality, your poke creates a compression wave between the atoms of the stick that moves along the stick slower than the speed of light.

stick wouldn't move faster than light
you would compress or bend it assuming you has enough force to do that considering a stick one lightyear long would have to be made of some very strong material

This the only one that I'm not sure why it's wrong, can anyone help?

Magnetism has, like, zero effect on the biological system. Magnet do jack shit to us people. We wouldn't feel a thing if we all stood in front of the world's strongest magnet on Earth.

check my doubles Sup Forums

to ensure no water would leak out of the bottom would take a lot of force since you would be fighting against the weight of all the water above the tube. The balls could not provide this force. Assuming they were the most buoyant thing possible, they would then be too light to pull the chain down on the other end. If they were heavy enough to do that, they would not be buoyant enough. There is no compromise here.

Alchemy doesn't work. Plus this would make gold worthless.

superconducting magnets can make frogs levitate

Explain why this wouldn't work.