We did it, season 2 confirmed

We did it, season 2 confirmed.

>yfw it's already better than the comic by virtue of not having to appeal to 90s comic edge where everyone is fucking animals or getting prostitutes and turning gay from getting raped etc etc

Triggered.

Fuk off

Is Jackie Earle Haley supposed to be Herr Starr? or is he someone else?

Odin Quincannon

Best show airing atm

cool. the ending of the last episode has me tuning into next week

>Is Jackie Earle Haley supposed to be Herr Starr?

>literally named as Odin Quincannon

what do you think?

I want to watch the show but I've heard that Jesse doesn't have his power and the supernatural is limited to Cassidy and a Saint of All Killers reference

Will the annoying black girl be in season 2?

Someone's lying to you.

A lot of misinformation is spread on Sup Forums especially about this show in particular for some reason.

He has Genesis, and uses it a fuckton, unlike the comics where he basically forgets it in the later half.

>but I've heard that Jesse doesn't have his power

you heard wrong

>and the supernatural is limited to Cassidy and a Saint of All Killers reference

doubly wrong.

And by "Saint of Killers reference", it's literally telling his origin story bit by bit.

Well then.
Guess I'll have to have a watch

It's not a direct retelling of the comics, but I honestly enjoy the shows characters more.

And yes, I've read the comics.

Just don't expect this kind of shit anytime soon.

Looks like the ratings bounced back some, despite airing in direct competition with the Game of Thrones sesaon finale. I wonder if they'll improve even more now that Game of Thrones is over. Honestly, it's probably for the best that anyone who hasn't given it a chance yet can just marathon the first 5 episodes without waiting weeks.

I haven't watched the show, just publicity stills, dick.

I really like how they include various villains into one town, putting Sheriff Root and Odin Quinncannon together, so to speak, is a solid move.

god that shit was so dank, saint of killers is ridiculous. hopefully he's just like he is in the comics.

I'm hype for Herr Starr and his whole operation.

>preferring wise-cracking Tulip who takes it up the arse from Cassidy because sad

Yeah, fuck you

>he's defending 5+ hotel bed scenes in which they discuss feminism and trust from the comics

>wanting some mopey bitch with zero personality

She's very well done in the show, and her actor does a great job.

How many episodes did you watch live? Me? All of them.

Unless it's a "watercooler" show, people don't like watching shows week by week.

Bingewatching is helping more mediocre shows stay afloat, like Daredevil.

Good to binge, terrible week by week.

Monsignor Martinez?

I like this show but it isn't from a source material like that, is it?

It is. It's by Garth Ennis, who makes everything sexual, deviant, and edgy for the sake of doing so.

An inbred hillbilly gets killed for having accidentally seen someone fucking a chicken.

Only a couple of issues later, a rich hedonist is brought an animal to fuck in his bed, mentioning that he's fucked his way through most of the 4 legged kingdom.

Every villain has some sexual hang up. One of the main villains gets raped in a wacky happenstance and then starts wanting to be pegged by women.

Another character fucks a giant meat statue.

A lawyer woman is secretly a Nazi that likes to fuck men while dressed in uniform.

It's really, really stupid.

But the comic has its moments if you can bear the crap.

I'm really liking the show so far, though I never read the comics. Cassidy is 100% fucking based.

Also looking back on it does it seem as though Tulip's intro scene ("This is how you make a bazooka.") seems way too cartoony given the relatively surrealistic nature of the show so far?

I'd agree with that. Felt completely out of place, and I can see that alone turning people off from it. Probably meant to be a hook but did the opposite.

Tonally it doesn't make much sense, seeing as they wanted to keep the show grounded and gradually bring in more and more fantastical elements so when you get to the really crazy shit you're not surprised.

I'm really hoping it keeps a more grounded approach and doesn't get to nukes and tanks and wouldn't mind the Grail being left out entirely, or at the very least heavily retooled.

Retard Jesus offspring is going to be hard to play off.

Agree. The tulip intro scene was so fucking dumb. Did they ever even explain who those people that were after her were? She kills a bunch of them and blows up a fucking helicopter and there's no repercussions? No police after her, no more bad guys wtf?

>removing the Grail

Fuck off, mediocre scum.

There's no way that AMC would have literally retarded Jesus show up

The police are incompetent in this reality. Like a gangster movie where the cops don't do jack shit, it's a heightened reality. The people she was killing/running from don't really matter to the plot, it's just where she was in life when we are introduced to her. There's all sorts of villains in the comics who just exist to be murdered.

I dont watch this show because i hated Tulip on Agents of Shield. Stupid Poochie sheboon in everything she does.

I think that's actually why they included that scene. It establishes that, yes, this is a comic book universe, and, yes, crazy shit happens, so that when things start to get weirder later on, it won't be entirely unexpected.

I'd like a less slapstick, more competent Grail.

I also want that intro scene for the Allfather at the Masada airstrip.

literal retarded Jesus? Sure, remove him, pointlessly insulting and distracting.

The Grail? Why remove it? It's 2016, people won't bat an eyelash at a secret multi-national organization running shit from behind the scenes. They are a great villain and they are probably the people after Cassidy.

we did it reddit!

Tulip best grill, prove me wrong PRO TIP YOU SHAN'T

It's Tank Girl crazy, though. Not Preacher crazy.

I don't see how anyone can enjoy the Grail or Herr Starr from the comics.

Also, Fiore and the other dude whose name escapes me. They're 10x better in the show.

It's not a big deal, it's one scene from the pilot episode. Pilot episodes usually go a bit bigger to grab attention/audience.

Odin didn't blow four people away in the comic, either, but that scene was very entertaining.

I love Preacher, most shows are afraid to do anything and just sit around explaining things out, whereas Preacher just goes whole hog

They could play it off as being a total fraud from day one - first elders of the Grail snatch the wrong family, either through a mistake or someone scamming them.

Best girl is the cute one from the church who uses the bathroom a lot.

They've honestly (mostly) condensed the good bits of the comic into an entertaining TV show.

But I have to ask... The Duke when?

>I don't see how anyone can enjoy the Grail or Herr Starr from the comics.

What's your problem with them? For most of the series they are great villains, it's just that Starr becomes a bit of a punching bag towards the end and it's hard to take him seriously, but even then he was a good villain for the series for the most part, much much better than Odin, the KKK, that generic serial killer...

the one thing I dont like about the show is the ugly black chick

I saw some episodes and they were pretty bland, I don't get the nigs who jizz all over it like it's the best show they've seen

Anyways, is dickhead in this?

That scene with Odin was fun, alongside the whole "Jesse turning into a creepy ass mind-controller" thing.

Jesse before that, though? Mopey ass motherfucker who wants good boy points from Priestdad. I rather liked that weird quasi-paternal thing with Jody - hope they can still work that in somehow.

no idea who you're talking about

Arseface?

>Whenever Tulip isn't on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Tulip?"

Good question. I hope he's included, because he gives Jessie some of his best moments.

I suppose in all honesty I'm not a huge fan of the comics in general, compared to other people.

The concept is great, but the execution usually falters. I love for instance, the parts with John Wayne and his being a replacement for both a father, and his concept of God in some ways. It's well done and interesting.

My problem with the Grail are that they literally were never played as threatening. At the very most they're played as a past their prime organization that lost their way, but they keep claiming to run things from the inside, yet fail far too easily.

I agree that the KKK bullshit was boring, and the serial killer eye rolling worthy, but I kind of think it highlights how generally the villains in the comic are lame and uninteresting and, if you ask me, not why I'd read the comics.

The one who's trying to help bring people to church. She's used the bathroom twice in five episodes.

I dunno how they'll do the whole Jody and Grandma thing, it'll have to be a whole season. It's probably the most important storyline from the comics.

Do you ever confuse your dick with your shithole?

No I meant Starr

Best.

More than likely Season 2, last half, if I had to guess.

This season will wrap up Annville, and they'll move to the road, and get captured.

There was a quick shot of a man in white from behind, at a snuff screening. Him, maybe.

Did you read them when they came out in the 90s? Because they definitely are a product of their time and, I admit, Garth Ennis isn't the world's greatest writer. But there's enough great scenes in Preacher, mostly about fathers and America, to make up for it and have a better than average comic book.

the one with the kids and the dude that came over and she was like you know i'm not giving up the pussy to yo bitch ass right?

That's why I'm reading it, but honestly no I didn't get into comics until about 5 years ago.

It's painful to read 90s comics in general for me because of this, and I'm aware, but I dig through them to find the gold.

The running concepts of fatherhood, what God means to people, friendship, and all that, that's what was great.

The humor is more miss than hit unless it involves Cassidy and Jesse.

That's the one.

I hate the main actor, i hate that nigger/mexican mutant bitch

everyone else is alright.

But she did give the pussy to him.

I swear no one's even paying attention to this show and are mistaking scenes left and right.

She literally says to be out before dawn because the kids almost caught him last time.

After reading everything Ennis did with his self-insert Cassidy it's pretty clear he hates himself lol

what the fuck? what episode?
i need to stop browsing tv when watching shit

Then she takes her pants off.

Is Genesis an alien?

People do turn gay from getting raped. It's documented.

no

The episode where they drink wine together.

How does Garth Ennis keep getting work?

Because of that guy defending the Grail.

When I first saw Fiore and deblanc I thought it was the sexual investigators. Glad they turned out to be the adelphi.

>the early pleasures they fall into in the comics are coke and liquor
>in the show it's cheetos

kek

BECAUSE IT4S SO MUCH FUN JAN!

No, it's because of guys who think his Punisher run was good

His MAX run was the tits.

>already ruined Saint's origin story and it's not even halfway done
>Jesse isn't played by Walton Goggins
>Arseface is terrible
>Arseface's dad is terrible despite the fantastic casting choice
>Tulip is godawful
>Jesse overuses The Word
>Jesse's dad is nothing like comic John
>no John Wayne's ghost

At least Cassidy, the angels, and Jackie Earle Haley as Quincannon are great

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

(i disagree)

>walton goggins

LMAO KILL YOURSELF RUBE

This show moves so fucking slow I don't get how you guys watch it

You're a pleb

Not him, what's wrong with Walton Goggins, he's a damn good actor.

No, she was going to bed and he's such a nothing to her she started getting ready before he left. She wants him to leave because she doesn't want the kids mistakenly thinking they're banging just because they stayed up late drinking.

Nope, you're an autistic idiot.

People don't take their pants off after saying they're not going to fuck you.

>be out before dawn
>she's okay with him sitting in the kitchen all night

People take their pants off to go to bed, which she explicitly was. She also explicitly said she wouldn't get with him and to let himself out. The only implication was that he could finish drinking if he wanted, but had to go before morning.

He even walks towards her room and leaves his jacket on the chair afterwards.

Is this someone you've waifu'd or something and you don't wanna admit it?

looks like it.