Has Sup Forums Heard of the Truth Contest?

Has Sup Forums Heard of the Truth Contest?

“The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning. Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him?”

“The wise man knows that it is better to sit on the banks of a remote mountain stream than to be emperor of the whole world.”

“To be truly ignorant, be content with your own knowledge.”

“If a man crosses a river
and an empty boat collides with his own skiff,
Even though he be bad tempered man
He will not become very angry.
But if he sees a man in the boat,
He will shout at him to steer clear.
If the shout is not heard, he will shout again, and yet again, and begin cursing.
And all because someone is in the boat.
Yet if the boat were empty,
He would not be shouting, and not angry.
If you can empty your own boat
Crossing the river of the world,
No one will oppose you,
No one will seek to harm you”

“Forget the years, forget distinctions. Leap into the boundless and make it your home!”

"There's no knowledge that is not power"
MK

bla bla bla words are

Yes there is, I wish pointless and useless knowledge is everywhere.

“The one-legged creature is envious of the millipede; the millipede is envious of the snake; the snake is envious of the wind; the wind is envious of the eye; the eye is envious of the heart.”

Thank you for sharing.

“We can't expect a blind man to appreciate beautiful patterns or a deaf man to listen to bells and drums. And blindness and deafness are not confined to the body alone - the understanding has them, too.”

“Do not use life to give life to death. Do not use death to bring death to life.”

In the world everyone knows enough to pursue what he does not know, but no one knows enough to pursue what he already knows. Everyone knows enough to condemn what he takes to be no good, but no one knows enough to condemn what he has already taken to be good.

All pics posted by OP pulled from Truthcontest the top entry called "The Present".

“In the midst of darkness, he alone sees the dawn; in the midst of the soundless, he alone hears harmony.”

“Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.”

my last one, bai

Thanks op have a nice day

Hoy