Hi b/ !

Hi b/ !
what knife do you have on you on a everyday basis, and why?
i use my HSR knife cause it's legal in my country
and a very good tool for my line of work

I don't carry a knife, because I feel no need to. I do have one at home though, it's just a random flip knife.

Buck 110. Had it all my life. Only knife I've ever needed.

I switch between a Spiderco Dragonfly and an original Laguiole from France.

that's a pretty knife though

spyderco persistence, cheap and does the job

Victorinox SAK is only acceptable answer. Macgyver saved a world plenty of times with that.

Ive got a BM42 balisong that i like to play with,
For everyday use probably my opinel no. 7 since its sharp as hell and relatively cheap. Also lightweight so I forget i even have it on me.

I wouldnt mind springing for a buck 110
What do you like about this blade?

You call that a knife

I also have this dagger that I'm actually quite fond of but its not really practical to use

Post pics

You're not doxxing me FBI

yes... i do

This is all I need.

Real bm 42? i want one of those :l

I carry this because it was a gift and it looks kinda fancy

To this day it baffles me that there are people on Sup Forums who carry a knife because they work manual labor.

The edgy kids with their balisongs I can understand, but actual fucking proles?

i like

how'd you get that?
is it a knockoff?

its 2016 why you using primitive ass tools

Every oldfag nerd is incomplete without a SAK

Yeah, it's really small and I got the 25th in a first production run of 500 so it makes it a bit more special. was a gift from an ex like 5 years ago and cost her like 200 bones. tried selling it recently but i like it too much. too small to be practical tho.

When you posted to this site you did it with a public IP address.

Byrd Tern, legal, sharp and has quality

Im shitting so I cant take a pic of my own but it is this model same colors, blade, everything. Emerson mini a100

Bought it a while ago when the hype went up for them and they went from being a 100 dollar knife to a 300 dollar knife.

I dont beleive BM produces them anymore hence why the price has yet to stagnate.

I've bought a knockoff off of dhgate to check the quality vs the legit one and needless to say there are hardly any differences asside from the pivoting point and some of the buff marks on the inside of the catching handle

don't sell that, it's a really pretty knife

I live in a sketchy area and city and theres a lot of Syrian gangs running around robbing people and I usually have to worm late and walk home, I also go on survival and portage trips so I needed a bit of defense and utility
I have a Gerber S.A.H Safety Auto Hook knife expensive but it was a gift and damn worth it

Is that Japanese craftmenship?

I've been thinking about that option but highly expensive for practical use unless it's kitchen cutlery

It's the Benchmade Shoki 480-1 and I think it's designed by Nakamura.

It's a really nice nice, not so good for utility.
If you want a nice knife I'd go with benchmade, in particular an Osborne. I had the osborne rift not long ago and it was solid as fuck.

Ex gf had the benchmade warn barrage and i was always jealous of it. assisted opening and solid as fuck.

Have a bm42
Expensive but it's high quality

Used to carry cheap ones but after autos went legal I got a Benchmade CLA.

To add to this, ive never been really interested in their other knives aside from the balisong series

Is there anything you'd recommend?
I like longer blades mostly but dont mind something small and sharp.

In my opinion Benchmade make some really durable, heavy duty knives. From personal experience using the Osborne Rift (i know it's not the prettiest looking) it was solid. No blade play, opens nice and smooth, and locks in place with no play in any direction.

As for the Benchmade Barrage Warn (or whatever it's called) that my ex had, i was truly envious.
It was assisted opening, had axis lock, and had a second lock to keep it open. it actually shook my hand when i opened it because of how strong it was. fucked up. I loved it.

Other than that my only other benchmade besides the shoki was a fixed cub-II.

If I was gonna get another Benchmade though it'd be some sort of Osborne family blade.

I had an old Case like in the pic but I have no idea where it went. I've always loved Case.

I had a little Victorinox, the tiny one people put on keychains but I lost it too. I used that damn thing every day.

I have an offbrand leatherman and a Swisschamp in my glove box.

forgot pic

i carry one of these. police don't freak out, if i get patted down at a venue they don't freak out, if i pull it out in public to use it people don't freak out.

Yeah, it probably won't save my life one day but its better than nothing and doesn't go overboard.

Is faggot a job?

I don't; I'm a reasonable, secure, and sensible human being in a civilised nation.

yeah, until some weirdo starts following you down the street

so close

my uncle gave me a swiss champ one summer. I cant tell you how often it got me out of a sticky situation. In a bassboat type boat one day with one of those pull-start outboard motors. Floating around fishing, go to start the motor and the fucking cord came undone from the handle. Had to take the case off the motor to get to that god damn string. Would've been floating for a while if not for my knife.

Had to cut a locked chain off of somebodys beer fridge at the campground. The metal file had it done in no time. Saved the fucking day.

Have fun slicing your fingers with no grip...

The bottom one is what I have 80% of the time. It's for work mostly but it's very practical as a utility knife. The one in the middle is kinda embarrassing and has a buncha green zombie shit on it but I found it so it was free plus I like the blade shape and it has assisted opening. And the one on top is actually a gun.

Oh I see it now. It really is an actual gun.

is your line of work sandpapering knifes to look like you actually use them faggot?

You'd never know if you didn't know what to look for.

This blue Cadet in leather sheath. It's small, has all the features I need and doesn't intimidate anyone.

None cause i dont live in a 3rd world country. People here get by without a knife on them 24/7

Spyderco Paramilitary 2

Little too big for EDC, might switch to a benchmade mini grip

Get a load of this fag

yeah, here's a free tip, the blade is the part you're supposed to be using. is this a sandpaper flattener?

i own one like this but its just for decoration

Also here's the cancer knifes other side with all the green zombie fuckery.

>thereisnospoon.jpg

checked

This because I favor multi-tools over knives.
More functionality and easier to justify carrying it.

I have no everyday need to cut things so I don't carry a knife everyday.

Faggot.

>Spiderco

Shitty steel though.

Opinel No. 7 is great, but a fair bit petite. I assume you have small hands, lad?

>tfw the screws aren't also M390

wat

If you're gonna do shit spyderco, this is the way to do it. :^)

I've taken a look at his work, never acquired any though. Thoughts?

It's remarkably hideous.

Cancer.

ayy

Apologies on the shitty picture, piss poor phone camera + quality destruction and size reduction for muh Sup Forums safe file sizes.

Take a look at this guy, he is doesn't carries a knife and he is alright with others doing it, not feeling the need to shitpost!

>714772113
You sure must feel important trying to get this many (You)'s, you pretentious little fag.

>can't even link to a post properly
>thinks there's something wrong with responding to people in a thread while progressively reading down top to bottom.

Wew lad, it sure is winter in here :^)

>714772505
Are you really this fucking dense to not be able to realise I don't want to give you (You)'s?

>>
>
>714772642
And I'm the pretentious little fag.
:^)

Had it for a year and a half now, I rarely leave home without it, so incredibly comfy & useful.
Second favorite is a very basic victorinox, it only has a blade and the can opener thingy, always have that one on my keychain.
3rd fav is Opinel, because Opinel.

If you need to cut things every day then be my guest.

CRKT M16 13T

Had the Gerber evo rip off design of it for 10 years (idk how aluminum lasts that long)
Looked to upgrade last year and found the exact same knife but so much better

Love it, plus the Kershaw warranty is nice