Can a smart person dumb this down for me please

Can a smart person dumb this down for me please

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=76PHzENMQ04
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's pretty dumb already

How so

When you talk about junk on the internet, not only the way you present an idea but the way that people can interpret that idea are conditioned by the material facts of our culture (i.e. being rich white people).

This guy particularly wants to stress, in contravention of the proceeding wisdom, that the stuff we say can be a force to undermine the cultural norm, in spite of their being conditioned by it.

This boils down to an assertion that even though we are creatures of our culture, that can only express ourselves in the words/tools of that culture, we none the less experience our subjective lives as free and infinitely expressive.

well in part for trying to say both that cultural artefacts are ideologically conditioned and also relatively autonomous. it seems to imply that culture is both determined by ideology and at the same time free to critique ideology.

Is there a difference between saying that cultural artifacts are "relatively autonomous" and that they present autonomously (which is to say subversively) in social circulation? I feel like that resolves the paradox.

So in relevance to media, its basically no matter how hard we try to be individual our culture is still influenced by the ideology of the media we are subjected to watch? or no?

I think there is a difference in that the former attributes autonomy to the artefact where the latter sounds more perceptual (i.e., the artefact only seems autonomous within a closed system).

You're mashing terms together.

Here's the logic:
(Anywhere I write culturally read socio-economically)

Media production is culturally informed
Media consumption is culturally informed
Therefore it should be a) impossible to create subversive media, b) impossible for individuals to regard their productions as free.

HOWEVER
Media production in its practical application is often subversive.
Individuals frequently perceive their products to be expressions of free individuality (e.g. this post)
Therefore Western Marxism which says that an object/action/revolution can have subversive autonomy from the culturally conditioned individuals progenitors.

Agreed, and I think the latter is what OPs picture is asserting.

After all I'm tempted to ask: 'what's the practical difference between having the "perceptual" effect of subversion and being actually subversive?

Im starting to get it.
A) How are you so smart B) can you dumb it down even more? Like for a retard

I'm not actually very smart, I've just read a lot of Marx so I'm used to talking about this shit.

Here's another swing:
Have you ever wondered how we can have 'new ideas'? People like to talk about how much the world is changing thanks to the internet and w/e but what does that really mean?

You were raised in a really ideologically limited school (most likely), and so was I, but somehow, by talking to one another, we can trigger incredibly radical or 'new' ideas.

Your picture is trying to talk about that phenomena. It's saying that the things we make (including our ideas) have a completely independent meaning from the one we intend, or the one we are capable of reading in them, and therefore can be subversive in a way we, as trained people, can't be,

And this, the picture claims, is why when I post something on the internet I feel like I'm having an original thought, posting Original Content if you will, even though all the ideas I can have are obviously just recycled memes from within the closed ideology of our society.

is more or less saying this
>you think you are free
>ha,is all the culture you are in and nothing is truly free

This is absolutely wrong.

media conditions society to feel free when they really have lots of limitations.

these are badass

fuck it, this is a cozy minimal wallpaper thread now

It's basically saying people use escapism to retreat into their bubbles and give themselves the illusion of being free despite having to sacrifice a large of chunk of their lives away to working some menial shit job everyday.
Or as the wagecucks would say, commie bullshit.
tl;dr: netflix and football is enough to keep me happy in my shallow, pointless life.

Let's get fucking cozzyy in this bitch.

Put it in the bin where marxism belongs to begin with.

fucking cruiisee

Everything is better in perspective, outside our short angry lives.
youtube.com/watch?v=76PHzENMQ04

Halls say his ideas show peeps dat tv n mags n stuff r important because we make 'em dat way as society. Unlike Gramsci an Althusser doe, Halls say dem same tv n mags n stuff can also challenge society. Like how peeps think they free when dey aint.

tldr redneck version: duh govt dun brainwashed n stuck a chip in my neck tryin tuh mind cuntrol me but i dugs it out cuz i thinks for myselfs

I love how simple the onlooker looks in comparison with the city. An outsider looking at the colossal impact of mankind.

We feel free in society because we are told we are free and its all we know.

That's just an example given for the premise.

"use escapism"
No, it's saying the way we fundamentally process and create information does this.

It says 'Jews run the media'

This is actually a really good way of saying it.

explain this

government propaganda through media has brainwashed you into thinking your reality you are experiencing is what's normal for everyday real life in all societies. Tricking you into thinking you are in the better place than anyone else in the world, with what you think you are experiencing real freedom but in reality you are as much a slave to that said government without even knowing it and not free at all.

Did you seriously take a picture of your phone instead of taking a screenshot?

It means OP can post whatever he wants, but he still literally is unable to stop sucking cock.

/thread

nope just was it on the internet and posted it

Store owner has x money
x-100 money got stole
x+100 money being spent
x-70 worth of goods
x-30 change
(-70)+(-30) = -100

He steals $100.
Owner loses $100.

100$
70 worth of goods and 30 cash.
-100$
+100$
-70$ merchandise
-30$

Thanks. It's not easy for me to dumb stuff down that much.

The owner loses 100$ - his profit margin on 70 dollars of goods.

Its saying that for example america the land of freedom and so on and forth owning guns and freedom and patriotism that is your culture is actually not freedom but only imitates it and gives you the feeling of democracy and freedom when its just your culture and actual real freedom has nothing to do with it!
Youre world is run by someone else and you are merely given options and no matter wich you choose neither matter or change anything.
Its false freedom and false democracy!

Yea cuz only white people are rich and all white people are rich! Gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8. Niggr detected, youre always about race arent you? Take that away and your just a regular rat.

Sure. Here ya go.
Sed nescio quo modo nihil tam absurde dici potest quod non dicatur ab aliquo philosophorum.
(Cicero, De divinatione, II, 119)

The shopkeeper got his $100 back but he gave away $30 plus merchandise with a RETAIL value of $70.

Depending on his shop's mark-up, he's out somewhere between $55 and $65.

Your paraphrase only made it harder to understand. You also tried your best to sound intelligent, despite that being the opposite of OPs request. It's ironic because ultimately you come off as a buffoon.

No. He should have been paid $70 dollars for that merchandise, but was instead paid $0.

Cozy as a rolly polly

it means that the shit you see on TV means something specific to you because of the social mileu in which you've been raised
if you showed it to somebody in a different culture, it'd mean something totally else
even though you think people are free to make whatever TV they want and you think you're free to interpret it however you like, neither of these is really the case
people make what the culture makes them make
and the society digests it the way culture makes them digest it

I thought my paraphrase was pretty straightforward, sorry for triggering your inferiority complex XD