So i finally gave into the meme and checked this out

so i finally gave into the meme and checked this out
and i gotta say, i didn't enjoy it that much, maybe even if all. the best song, if i had to choose, was "don't talk." and this is because it wasn't a super bright, sappy, and cheesy song. i felt that the entire album was sappy.

i wonder what this says about me, that i would rather listen to cold music than i would this. perhaps i've never truly felt love before? this doesn't does much of a case for love in general.

ah well. i didn't like it.

>this doesn't does
this doesn't do*

fuck you

Most truly great albums don't click on the first listen, OP.

no thanks

yeah that may be the case but i don't think there's a reason for me to return to this album. generally with albums that "click," there's some kinda draw that makes me want to try it again. maybe when i feel love?

I member that thread

whoever did this is a fucking child

You don't need to have felt love to get this album. I'm a gf-less kv and this is my favorite album

>I'm a gf-less kv and this is my favorite album
that's... kinda sad.

I know

I'd say listen again to Sloop John B, it that doesn't do the trick, then you might as well consider going back to your Top 40.

>then you might as well consider going back to your Top 40
i appreciate the comment but you really don't know what styles of music i listen to

Some people just have to watch the movie first

movie?

>doesn't like an album
>still post about not enjoying it

cmon dude

it's a musical discussion, and i was hoping to get more dialogue going about the album itself but i suppose we only talk about albums when everyone likes them

I'm not an extremely sappy person either but God Only Knows gets me every time

when I listen to this album I'm not paying attention to the lyrics most of the time, but it sounds like that's 80% of what you're hearing?

I get how some parts could come off as sappy depending on what you're used to. I think if you put some of these lyrics over today's top-40 type pop songs it would sound cheesy. but the complex instruments give the lyrics more depth/ambiguity imo

Every song fades out.

now listen to sunflower

>Pet Sounds
>sappy and cheesy, bright

Listen to the lyrics and think about what is being said. This is a forefather to 90s emo.

Same here user...Same here. I'm not their biggest fan, but that song always fucks me up.

Get the fuck out.

I went in wanting to hate it because it's put on such a pedestal and I just couldn't. It's so damn beautiful.

Get drunk by yourself and listen to it again.

Listen to the DCC mono and the MFSL stereo and try again