How do you meet people who have the same taste in music?

Hey guys, I'm pretty normie by Sup Forums standards but I want someone to talk music to but no one else around me listens to the music I listen to. I have no problem with my friends not sharing my music taste (they all like hip hop or pop) not that there's anything wrong with either I love hip hop and pop but they listen to different hip hop or pop... basically I'm trying to say that they listen to mainstream stuff without sounding like a fkn hipster. Anyway what do mu? I'm in 1st year uni In Canada

Pic related my 4x4 bit I listen to a bunch of other stuff too

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zz04elti7-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Listens to Carly Rae Jepsen
No wonder you cant find people who have the same taste

Everyone has guilty pleasures.. I don't expect to connect with anyone over that

>1
I'm kinda in the same boat as you but
>2
your music taste is pretty mainstream. blonde was one of the most popular albums from last year. currents is trash but also popular. there are def ppl u know that like these albums

that foxes in fiction album is awesome, Swung From The Branches is a really great album too

My advice since you're in college is to go to shows in your area, find local venues or keep your ears out for house shows or anything at all. It might not be necessarily be the music you like most, but people go to shows largely to socialize and it never hurts to know what your local scene is like.
good luck dude

Innerspeaker is my favorite by them but I've been feeling currents this week, nice poppy vibe. And I know a couple of people who listen to the more popular people here, but not even extensively ie they only listen to one or two songs off of the album. Like they don't have to be hardcore obv but they only listened to the song once in a YouTube binge type thing

Yea I love foxes in fiction, recently got into hem. That one bukowski inspired song is pretty interesting. I'm thinking about going out to the music scene but I feel like I need someone to check it out with aha

i'm sure there are plenty of people to meet over at /r/music

Dude, fuck off. You probably feel the same way too

Bump

All normies i know like "the less i know the better"

Fuck man you're all over the place with your taste in music. I mean seriously, from Aphex Twin to lol 9 Frank Ocean?

Also, where are you going to university in Canada?

I need to narrow it down but I like everything too much :(

McMaster

we have similar tastes user but i need to know are you a cute trap like me uwu

no im ugly

Thats not that diverse i like them too

You'll be suprised by how many people love (most of) these albums
Just try to guide the conversation over to music at some point whenever you meet new people, and you'll find a lot of people with similar tastes

What is this post even supposed to mean

Why can't he listen to both

Ya

I think mine is even worse. This isn't including a lot of what I have either.

UOIT

click it or ticket

youtu.be/zz04elti7-E

go underground clubbing plen

have you looked into societies?
my uni has an alt music society with some cool people

also there must be clubs which play your kind of thing in every uni city, especially the more normie sides
im going to a tame impala night this month and a king gizzard night some time as well

+++ Кинo
++ loveless, joy division, have a nice lyef

Great taste

And new order

Im a twink :D

Whaat I didn't even think clubs played anything but top 40 stuff

:3c

Just find yourself a new hobby you music taste is horseshit anyways

ok bud

Learn to play chess instead nigga