Was there anyone milked for his money after his death more then Biggie?

Was there anyone milked for his money after his death more then Biggie?

>reminder P Diddy is the worst person.

Other urls found in this thread:

laweekly.com/music/legend-in-the-making-how-bob-marley-was-sold-to-the-suburbs-4806524
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

curt kobain

I mean in hip hop no in music in general id guess Hendrix
Also did Biggie even like Puffy or was he just in it for the record deals and rear projection tvs?

He did believe Puffy to a point, he did get out of drug dealing because of him, and he did market Big till no end.

Whatever man, dead is dead.

Arguably 2pac

>mfw their playing p diddy's music instead of biggie's on the radio

way to remember the guy

no that's pretty factual, biggie had terrible posthumous but pac had so many more and the one thrown together by eminem and co. is arguably the worst ever

This. The mere fact that 2pac is still popular today despite being pretty average amongst 90's rappers pretty much proves how much his legacy was milked. Also his thousand fucking posthumous releases

It was a weird time with the aftermath/shady records vs. murda inc beef where everyone kept accusing everyone of being pac while everyone also kept acting like pac

>Search P Diddy to get a reaction image and talk about his production credits
>Sees this at the top of the page

What are your thoughts on this, gentlemen?

David Bowie. He's been dead a year and there's been tons of stuff released since then.

I agree, you ever try to listen to All Eyez On Me? It has like 10 good songs and the rest is shit. Pac was a great rapper, but Biggie killed everyone in his time with flow and jumped lyrical acrobats around 2Pac and everyone in the game. In my opinion, Hit Em Up is weak compared to Who Shot Ya.
This I can agree on.

Biggie is pretty close to objectively technically inferior than at least 2 other rappers just on the East Coast (Nas and Big L)

Out of Biggie and 2Pac, Pac is pretty easily the more important when it comes to legacy left in hip-hop. He ignited the West Coast into its own identity meanwhile Biggie was just one of many rappers employing a relatively common style.

Add to the fact that Pac hated everyone on the East and not just Big and I can safely assume that if Big never existed he would've just beefed with Nas or Jay.

That said, you're right that Big is technically superior to Pac. Not that it really matters much because Big wasn't original at all

>pac hated everyone on the east
ain't true he was cool with some boot camp clik people, buckshot from black moon etc

and there's loads of more east coast rappers that are better emcees than biggie, but that doesn't translate into being commercially successful

Was Bob Marley even that popular before he died?

I would also like to know

regardless he's probably turning in his grave

He was the biggest in the genre, drew pretty big crowds and was internationally recognised to a degree, but he wasn't the t-shirt le weed culture posterboy nor did he have mad album sales

article on the subject

laweekly.com/music/legend-in-the-making-how-bob-marley-was-sold-to-the-suburbs-4806524

Remember when 2Pac and Biggie sang in the same song after their deaths?

and after both Big and Pac got shot it took fucking Snoop Dogg to get everyone to chill the fuck out

Dilla, maybe? I dunno if milked is the right way of putting it.

>Big wasn't original at all
>2Pac didn't hate everyone, was friends with Big at a point till the shooting

2Pac is for sure important to the identity of the West Coast rap scene, but Biggie is the Icon of East Coast rap his style wasn't common and he certainly wasn't common at the time either, Nas and Big L on the latter though were for sure relative in style but Big's flow was too phenomenal for anyone in the game after Ready to Die came out.

Side note: I remember being 5 and when my cousin lived me and my mom/dad at the time blaring Life After Death and I walked into her room, was sort of memorized with it ever since, Biggie was always my favorite rapper, just a memory of him since it's the anniversary of his death.

>mesmerized

fuck im tired.

Elvis. There are still fuckhuge Elvis tribute tours while the guy has been dead for like 40 years now

this

also this, Biggie is overrated but he is still a way better rapper than Pac

there were at least several better rappers than both of them in the 90s. off the top of my head: Nas, Rakim, GZA, Kool Keith, Big Pun.

>no Beckenham Arts Lab tape release
>no Shadow Man/TOML/LF/MitM/RTR release
>no BOWPROMO release
>no Gouster sessions release
>no Bolan sessions release
>no SNL release
>no Scary Monsters sessions release
>no NLMD demos release
>no Outside sessions release
>no remasters from the actual master tapes instead of shitty degraded LP masters

wish they would milk him a lot more desu

>I got technique pourin' out my buttt cheeks

SUPAH NINTENDO, SEGA GENESIS

>that sex skit

Diddy is a pretty bad human being. He doesn't see people as people, he sees people as dollar signs. From a business aspect, he's a genius, but in his genius lies a lot of horrible tactics. First, he takes an artist, pays a lot of money to shove them in people's faces and etc, second, he probably offers them a great deal of money to sign a deal and gives them more creative control than most labels thus making the deal seem sweet and nice. Third, he pushes the image he wants you to have on to you, and dangles money in front of you to do so or threatens to terminate your contract, then he's already building another artist(s) whilst you're his number 1# for a while. He then probably takes your album, gets COMPLETE control over the rights to your music and collects more than his fair share of your royalties, but remember, he was buddy buddy with ya in the beginning and probably pays a 500 to 600 grand "advance"to sign you, but if you know the price of paying for music videos, hiring security, a promoter, tours, etc you're getting chump change in this industry after everything is said and done.He walks away with your soul and over half of the money you SHOULD have received and, also remember the 500 - 600 grand advance? That HAS to be paid back before you even see ONE dollar from album sales, etc etc. Lets say you sell 500,000 copies, that's only 1$ million dollars for 20$ a CD. . (1/2)

He IMMEDIATELY gets his 500 - 600$ grand back, and add in your new house, car, tour bus, overhead, security, everyone on the payroll, your mom's new house, and etc. You'd be lucky to walk away with 100 grand and that's for all the hardwork, hours, writing, recording, and etc for just basic spending without going overboard. Everyone would buy a house and a car if you needed them. He then throws you away and repeats this process and there's not a damn thing you can do to him because the minute you signed that dotted line, he owns you metaphorically and a little bit literally. The mainstream music industry is a scheme. An illusion. If you're flat broke, and someone puts 600 grand in your face, what's your first instinct? Although, you never really get to keep that money UNLESS you sell a lot of records. The only way you're gonna make real money is by touring, which would prolly exhaust you after a while. You'd have to go double or triple Platinum to make the big bucks, but with the internet and this economy, artists leave the music industry in debt. Which leads to horrible one-hit wonder records and artists. They're coming in, making one hit collecting their money and leaving because selling major records is damn near impossible. If you're an artist, strive to go independent. You can do it. Don't sign a deal. It's not meant to make YOU, the artist, money anymore. ? (2/2)

>YOU LOOK SO GOOD, I'D SUCK ON YO DADDY'S DICK

>no NLMD demos release
Why the fuck would you want that??

Everything else is understandable.

Also half of your fucking acronyms are confusing as shit, bro.

honestly?
Elvis. the last few years of his life were pretty much milking, but when he kicked the bucket, oooh boy

ffs less acronyms
not everyone on this board sucks bowie's dick as much as you

>biggest in the genre
for real tho name one other reggae artist from that time.
not exactly hard to be the best when your the only one

why exactly did he get a pass for that

expected/10

Bob Marley

this is probably it honestly lol

>snoop dizzle aka snoop lion

Elvis was milked dry by his manager long before his death. You can thank Col. Tom Parker for all the shit movies and albums like pic related.