ITT: the most Overrated musicians, bands and singers of all time

ITT: the most Overrated musicians, bands and singers of all time.
>in b4 the Beatles
this faggot!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KByxC7B9WH0
youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo
youtube.com/watch?v=nUja5B8ei2U
youtube.com/watch?v=14qbDp0vAEA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off, Bobby Brown.

Also ITT: Autists that don't have the emotional capacity to appreciate anything but conventional art.

#1 most overrated off all time....fucking Nigger Midget. I'm glad he's dead!!

Frank Zappa was the tits, you little pussy.

He was also fucking gay as hell. Died because of AIDS!

>hey people
>im bob brown
>qt3.14159265 boi

OP has never touched a baby snake

Ez: Bob Dylan is by far THE most overrated 'artist' of all time

checked, but I think you think Zappa was something special. This is what he was...and I am glad this cocker is dead. mediocre guitarist at best. satirist...ok sometimes funny yes. but he wanted people to think he was this wonderful hook nose Jew composer. Everything he wrote was only based on complicated time signatures.
Had nothing to do with music or melody. I have played with guys that have played in his band
and most hate him.

Janis Joplin

he was great first couple of years, but I agree...been working those first great songs for 50 years....very overrated

Meh, good songwriter, poet. Shit singer though

Easy. Radiohead.

so, You are what you is, is an overrated album.

okey ahmed

high 5 bro....she was fucking horrible
I'm glad she died young so I didn't have to listen to any more of her shite!

twenty one pilots easily

Of all the bands to come out of Seattle in the early 90's I think Nirvana was easily the worst. Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam were all superior.

Nirvana did have one talented member but it's the guy behind the drums, not the one in front of the mic. Kurt Cobain probably did the world a favor because otherwise we might have never gotten the Foo Fighters who are simply better than Nirvana in every way.

his whole career was mediocre if you have an iq above 80

Don't care muh for them but how are they overrated? They aren't as big as some bands out there but just because they made one song that was in a movie doesn't mean they are overrated.

I just think you are probably a smelly hippie.

yeah, pretty sure you never even listened to that album.

old guy here
love the Foos
when 1 door closes. another one opens

ooooOOOH I get it, this is a TROLL THREAD!

Michael "I'm gonna fuck your daughter" Jackson

fucking metallica sucks dick and i hate how everyone stands around jerking off to them like theyre something special

Pearl Jam. Worst turds to fall out of the grunge anus. Eddie Vedder can jam a pencil in his dickhole.

Fuck you man Thriller was awesome.

>Thriller was awesome.
Before it became overused for halloween, yes. Also fuck you faggot where do you think you are?

Hate all the shit but nirvana is the fucking worst.

I'm talking about the whole album you retard not just that one song.

>I'm talking about the whole album you retard not just that one song.
I still don't care sense you weren't specific like the faggot you are

A couple of weeks before Prince's death, an ACG rumor was that a very famous black musician from Wisconsin was expected to die any day due to complications resulting from AIDS, which he acquired sometime in the 90's. Lo and behold...

OP here you guys need to pick up your game
these faggots!!!!!!!!! fucking horrible!!!!

I don't think people die from aids anymore if they live near a pharmacy.

well he was probably bi...he fucked lots of chicks
but lots of guys fucked his midget nigger ass!

Beat me to it

at least be grateful that cobain fended-off the retarded hood negro onslaught that the media had been pushing heavily in the late 80's, if only for a few years

Leave.

well rich ones
that drug cocktail is over $2,000 per month

>he still believes that mike was a pedo

funny how he was endlessly slandered and his life ruined once he took a stand against the users and abusers in hollywood

fuck you....so overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I suspect you like WWE and voted for Trump

You're right. But when they stop taking the meds at the insistence of fellow devout church-goers...

you are retarded. How you even learned how to turn on a computer is beyond me.

Kanye West. Can't believe nobody has said it. His music turned to shit after Late Registration.

>mfw you people will defend him

I guess it's my fault for browsing an underage pole vaulter app

Kanye. His 'music' ridiculous drivel. Unlistenable.

Fortunately he is kill.

An ellipse is three periods... Literally kill yourself, libcuck.

He never gave a fuck what people thought about him

If you literally cant get over your fucking irrational basement dwelling jew hate to appreciate music you have proven to be a totally ineffective member of the modern community. Just die. so worthless.

Queen is amazing. Kill yourself

I'm an old guy
I saw these fuckers live and they were shite!!!!!
You sit in your basement watching SNL from 20 years ago and think they are good.
please kill yourself.I bet you also love Boxxy.

he doesn't have a clue, pity him.

WHAT IS THE FUCKING CORRELATION BETWEEN QUEEN AND WWE, TRUMP, OR BOXXY? PLEASE TELL ME

Cobain was a genius. Not super talented at the guitar but an amazing songwriter with a great, emotion-filled voice. Foo Fighters are complete shit in comparison.

kys

I thought Graduation was ok

definitely wrong. Stole a lot of their shit but still one of the GOATs.
I'm inclined to agree. Most of their discography is painfully underwhelming or average.
Kanye is amazing. Incredible producer, shitty weirdo of a person. Not that great at rapping but yeah as a producer one of the best.
Nah. He's rated pretty fairly I'd say.

OP should be hung

This whole retarded thread:

Stop liking things I don't like, especially if they are critically acclaimed.

This right here.
i have been playing guitar for 3 years and im already better than Kurt.
He definietly had some weird catchy riffs but his overall talent was pretty shitty

That faggot had a screw loose.

Is that a mushroom?

Colin cancer is not AIDS, faggot!

Red Hot Chili Peppers

lol

>Kanye
>loops and pro-tools
>producer of shit

Yeah, lot's of talent there skippy.

Thanks to the Nobel Committee, this statement is now true.

Otherwise, there are hundreds of cretins in Sinaloa who deserve the same opprobrium.

Dude after the pot head hype, i literally tried to listen to him, his early/regular stuff. I like all music and his music was GARBAGE, like a druggie in a garage, but hey that is good to some people..

youtube.com/watch?v=KByxC7B9WH0

ya I'm with this guy if you think kanye is a good "producer" you have no clue how that shit works. Kanye is a talentless hack that got dependent on the people around him to even be who he is.

nose prosthesis

so many nose jobs the tip of his nose rotted off

Foghat is best band

>you
>have no idea what you're talking about
>being this retarded

Raw emotion and sound that was put together coherently. Not the best singer by any means but it got the job done effectively and sure as shit helped transition away from homo hair bands and such.... I dont think anyone ever considered him a superior vocalist so i dont get how he would be overated in the first place.

/Thread

Kill yourselves

The Beatles though.

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo

You know it, user. No one here is a bad artist, or they never would have made it in the rock/pop world. They just get mediocre and overhyped, making the mediocre feel stronger, like EA games.

Theres literally evidence that he was. Recently too.

why the fuck do you care what music critics have to say?

These faggots

In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

tl;dr stop giving such a fuck about what other people think of creative media.

The Beatles incorporated so many different things into their music that was never seen before. They created songs that shaped other subgenres of Rock and even heavy metal with songs like Helter Skelter.

You don't know what you're talking about dumbass. Anyone who thinks the Beatles are overrated don't know what they've done for music. Just the fact that you think people bring them up cause of sales shows what an idiot you are.

Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Tim Buckley, who never sold much, and commercial products like the Beatles. At such a time, rock critics will study their rock history and understand which artists accomplished which musical feat, and which simply exploited it commercially.

Beatles' "Aryan" music removed any trace of black music from rock and roll. It replaced syncopated African rhythm with linear Western melody, and lusty negro attitudes with cute white-kid smiles.

you should stop posting

ITT: retards think overrated is synonymous with terrible
lmao kill yourselves, nerds

Overrated because he gets far too much credit for ushering in the grunge and alternative sound than he ever deserved. The sound and scene were already there, Soundgarden and what became Pearl Jam were around since like the mid '80s.
He projected this damaged artist with a stomach problem persona in order to be popular and then tried to tell everyone he didn't want to be popular all while selling albums, being on MTV and making money. He wasn't all that original or intelligent, he had a lot of lucky timing.

No.

the Beatles were simply lucky to become a folk phenomenon (thanks to "Beatlemania", which had nothing to do with their musical merits). That phenomenon kept alive interest in their (mediocre) musical endeavours to this day. Nothing else grants the Beatles more attention than, say, the Kinks or the Rolling Stones. There was nothing intrinsically better in the Beatles' music. Ray Davies of the Kinks was certainly a far better songwriter than Lennon & McCartney. The Stones were certainly much more skilled musicians than the 'Fab Four'. And Pete Townshend was a far more accomplished composer, capable of entire operas such as "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia"; not to mention the far greater British musicians who followed them in subsequent decades or the US musicians themselves who initially spearheaded what the Beatles merely later repackaged to the masses.

>Tim Buckley

Some utterly brilliant things and a whole lot of very not brilliant. Starsailor, for all the great things on it, is a remarkably uneven album.

this

overrated is a word you edgy faggots use to try and discredit someone. You guys call shit like the Beatles overrated or Metallica overrated when nearly every single artist after them said they were a massive influence. They are rated quite well.

>i must hate what people on Sup Forums like to be cool
once your first pubes grow, your humors will start to stabilize

meanwhile, something to calm your tits:
youtube.com/watch?v=nUja5B8ei2U

also, it's like this guy said.
when an interviewer asked how he wanted to be remember after his death, his answer was simply "it doesn't matter"
because, "ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway"?

>lmao kill yourselves, nerds

How anyone thinks this turd has an ounce of talent is quite remarkable. This shit is so comically bad it's gotta be some kind of joke I don't get.

youtube.com/watch?v=14qbDp0vAEA

nirvana was all about emotion and making your feel miserable and hopeless after hearing their records... foo fighters are mostly junk food for the masses

I mean he was kinda good around the start but it was completely downhill from there. Kanye is a perfect example of what happens when your ego goes completely unchecked. Dudes a piece of shit with a bunch of yes men.

Byeee

mad

This lesbian whigger.

Nope just telling you the truth, bleddit