Why did they do this?

Why did they do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?safe=off&biw=1400&bih=746&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=norway winter&oq=norway winter&gs_l=img.3..0l10.520.1318.0.1456.7.6.0.0.0.0.306.306.3-1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.img..6.1.305.2Tax9UPU9Ww
youtu.be/GWmGrR9a818?t=144
youtube.com/watch?v=yjvEdXDYgY4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

winter came

Because Reddit will argue some stupid point like "IT'S TO LET YOU KNOW WINTER IS HERE! xDD".

That's literally why they did it though, because dumb shit normies won't know it's supposed to be cold.

sansa needs a heavier filter to distract from how fat and pudgy she's become

even when there was scenes north of the wall in the earlier seasons they still didn't coat everything in blue.

And so must I

kek

The upper pic looks much worst quality. Are you comparing SD to HD?

They're likely color correcting this with super deluxe 4K broadcast monitors that plebs will never be able to afford, and thus it will always look like muddy garbage on their Chinese Walmart specials of the week.

>The upper pic looks much worst quality. Are you comparing SD to HD?

it's the same image with different colors you tard. They're both the same quality.

>

GoT is mastered in 2K :^)

Remember when she was the Red Woman, not the Sort-of-Plum-Colored Woman?

If they were doing that then you think they'd be able to check their values. Here's what happened when I converted the image to black and white.

Kino

It's literally supposed to be darker. "Winter" doesn't just mean snow, like in the fucking real world it also means shorter days and less light. The longest winters make that "no light", like polar nights.

Jury's still out on whether or not the planet's axial tilt has anything to do with it in Westeros though.

>It's literally supposed to be darker. "Winter" doesn't just mean snow, like in the fucking real world it also means shorter days and less light.

you can have things darker without making them look like muddy shit. Also things being darker doesn't make everything blue in real life.

>It's literally supposed to be darker. "Winter" doesn't just mean snow, like in the fucking real world it also means shorter days and less light.

it literally just became winter in the previous episode while they've been making all of the north scenes blue for multiple seasons. And "shorter days" doesn't mean "everything is tinted blue all the time"

You know what? You're wrong.

I live in Norway and the way they do colours in the North is very familiar to me. Yes, everything really does look dark and blue and muddy for many hours every day in winter.

And it didn't just "become winter" like flipping a switch, the North has had de facto winter for several seasons, with Shireen's burning temporarily setting it back.

>colorfags

No. Enough of this. The fucking Mad Max threads were enough. You aren't a colourist and you'll never be one. Go away.

>You know what? You're wrong.

No, I'm not. Reality does not look like that you blind faggot.

google.com/search?safe=off&biw=1400&bih=746&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=norway winter&oq=norway winter&gs_l=img.3..0l10.520.1318.0.1456.7.6.0.0.0.0.306.306.3-1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.img..6.1.305.2Tax9UPU9Ww

find me one single image there where it looks like nature just slapped a blue filter over everything. Dumb faggots like you who can't tell the difference between actual lighting and lazy color filters are why shows do shit like this in the first place. When they do this, not only do they move the highlights closer to blue, but the blacks as well, so the contrast of the image is ruined and it looks like a muddy mess. not checking your values is just bad cinematography.

The revenant, even though it was often heavily color graded, still had great use of values, which is why it looks just as good if not better in black and white. In GoT however they just lazily slap on a blue filter and call it a day.

She's hot in any color

do they dye her hair? she's been pregnant for a few months maybe that's why.

`
Her fire is burning low.

Pottery.

don't worry guys I fixed it

Sun can still shine in Winter.

>this is what redditors believe
lmaoooooooooo

Half of those images would look like GoT blue filter if you removed the electric light sources or direct sunlight bro.

i know it's hard to understand but sometimes winter means the sun is stronger and shit is brighter with no clouds

If this was a desert setting you'd defend washed out colors and saying "it's the desert, dust is everywhere durr"

test

It looks good. Why are Sup Forums virgin retards so obsessed with crying about any sort of visual effect? I remember when I used to browse Sup Forums they'd all sperg about bloom and motion blur effects and such. Why are there so many mentally deficient virgins here who sperg out about the most trivial shit?

Bottom is like how movies used to look like before the 2000s.
Everything today looks like murky shit.

they're afraid of colour

youtu.be/GWmGrR9a818?t=144

>these are the king's colours
>points to his generic brown outfit

What went wrong?

get a netter tv and better taste fampie

im not talking about got of course

>they're afraid of color

Or they're just professionals who know how to create a visually appealing scene for human beings as opposed to shut-in fat fucking losers on Sup Forums. Kill yourself.

>bad cinematography is trivial shit.

Getting this mad about his shit show getting called on low quality scenes.

Cinematography/cinematographers are getting worse. Instead of learning how to properly light a scene to reflect the appropriate time of day and location (check out day for night lighting), they'll lazily try to "fix it in post" by just applying a terrible grade. People used to put effort into lighting night scenes (the work of Almendros, Burgess, Elswit, and Larry Smith, just to name a few, comes to mind), but it's not only the night scenes, it's everything really, it's a real shame how lazy new cinematographers have gotten.

It's not bad though, that's the point. You're wrong and stupid and you have a mental illness.

*tips my color correction towards you*

It's not about the show, it's about you being a terrible person. In fact, just by the way you subhumans "reason*" I can tell you post on Sup Forums.

>Professionals
>Know how to create a visually compelling scene
Top Kek
Is that what we call hackneyed tv producers now.

I also think a lot of this is so CGI works better as well. So every scene has this smokey dark low contrast smog in post - and when we get CGI scenes the overload of smog mixing the layers isn't as noticeable.

muh artistic vision muhfugga

muh kinomatography

The shade of blue works well for the mountainsif this was a Coors ad

That was my first post in this thread.

Nice try though.

Enjoy your dirtbrown shitshow.

season 1's filter was horrible. it looked like day time uk tv. i think they changed the frame rate from 30 to 24, too.

you can't see the gleam of the ring, it is a shame that people watched this and didn't get a sense of its beauty and why someone might go nuts for it

did it work?

Great. You turned it into the avengers.

FOOKEEN DEESGOOSTIN!!!!

>every EVE on Nexus

Why did they do this?

>OH YESH SHANSA!

The real reason is they save about £20 on costumes per minor actor by giving them shit leather rags from the back of the studio wardrobe.

And they are clearly not clever enough to realize that most the extras they hire are battle reenactment dudes who already have better costumes, and would likely paint their own shields and armor to whatever house's colours for free.

Getting legitimately mad because somebody criticized a show he happens to watch.

dear lord.

George Miller ushered in the era of muh filters

Enjoy, Sup Forums

The show has always been 24hz, purchase a Blu-ray, poorfag

>modern color graders
>knowing what they're doing

sure thing m8

>purchase a Blu-ray, poorfag

You mean TV right?

>thinking accurate colours = best colours for the scene

Have these people ever been outside in the winter before? Snow reflects sunlight, it's bright as fuck.

Not him, but I'm not sure if the show is broadcast on HBO at 24hz or not

But the Blu-ray displays it in the most accurate way and best quality

top kek...someone replace CIA with Elsa from Frozen.

Not if it's overcast and snowing you inbred fucktard

>Oh no its the Nazis! They're criticizing shit costumes in Ga me of Thrones! What other kind of monsters would do this!

A. the best colors for the scene certainly aren't fucking blue everywhere

B. even disregarding the colors completely it still looks like shit because of the horrendous use of values.

>>these are the king's colours
>>points to his generic brown outfit

That's kind of realistic tbf, colored cloth was expensive in medieval times.

>Thinking a blue filter solves all lighting an colour problems
>And doesn't infact make them worse

You should try and get a gig directing user. You're just the kind of cheap hack they look for.

It really wasn't. Especially if you were bearing the king's colors.

And its not like linen is naturally brown either. its yellowy white/grey.

Fucking hacks.

oi beda shu up ya fookin cunt m gonna kick ya faice un

miller did good, he shook up the era by making a post-apoc desert colorful as shit instead of washing it out with the usual chrome filter

BLUE filter to make you feel COLD like ICE

shiiiiiiiiiiit

do I need to rewatch it now in DVD quality ?

Nonsense, green show is the true ARTISTIC VISION of Peter Jackson and only a turbopleb who knows nothing about kinomatography would want white snow.

HAHAHA holy fuck literally looks like the point break remake

>720p
Nigga, is you fo' realz?

Do you think they'll ever release Game of Thrones on VHS?

this is magical winter, you dummies

its just a tiny circle

It's a torus, retard.
Or if you wanna go the retard route, a circlet.

a couple of dedicated fans can pull it out easily
youtube.com/watch?v=yjvEdXDYgY4

I'm a pleb. What's this meant to show?

ITS
LIEK
POTTEREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The blue filter they apply is blowing out the contrast and crushing detail

Turns out that when you just overlay a blue filter over everything, dark red turns into a shitty plum colour.

I see. Thank you

Literally my only complaint about Watchmen is that stupid filter

Look how colorful this is

how else can plebs say they like the cinematography and how dark it is?

K I N O
I
N
O

Okay, but what is it shot at?

something like 2880p

Wow she's pretty, like her mother

They can keep the tone blue without making it washed. They just don't bother.

j'ai rigolé

I have the same kind of jaw structure she does. Can confirm that if she gets even slightly overweight, she will have chins for days. You can already see the pudge forming

>Mfw I bought the SEE DVD box way back then

The picture quality on them still holds up fine.

Breh, it's easy in photoshop to deal with one still frame.
It's something else when you have to not only deal with rendering ultrahd video at high fps and also have to consider the lighting/color changes that occur even in a single shot. You can't just apply one filter and expect it to be perfect.
That's why they do the washed out, hazy blue. Because it's the least likely to have adverse effects during unforeseen visual changes.