How do I worship it?

I bought a small Shiva linga.

How do I worship Shiva?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WXjt0RgxcMs
youtube.com/watch?v=5rkWzIzJiiA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aarti)
hinduism.stackexchange.com
breitbart.com/national-security/2016/01/11/long-forgotten-hindu-gods-find-worshippers-in-japan/
ibiblio.org/britishraj/Jackson9/chapter05.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shove it up your ass
Wave your arms

I can confirm this is true.

Open the tutorial in the study panel

not like this

youtube.com/watch?v=WXjt0RgxcMs

Never realised how racist this is...

its probably banned in India

YOU BETRAYED SHIVAH

youtube.com/watch?v=5rkWzIzJiiA

linga means penis so that basically means shiva penis.
I might get beaten if I say that in front of a temple lol.

Isn't Shiva a summon in Final fantasy?

I vouch for this as well

You could perform ārati for it (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aarti) or fix your gaze on it while repeating a mantra to Shiva, to name a couple options. The most well-known mantra to Shiva is ॐ नमः शिवाय / oṃ namaḥ śivāya.

In general, there isn't just one "correct" or "proper" way to worship in Hinduism.

Nah, that's actually what this is called. It's not a disrespectful name for it.

Hold on lady we go for ride

>Indians worship black penises

Shiva is dark skinned, not black

put flowers and fruit around me TRUST ME senpai

Here is my linga and yoni.

It's made of marble.

Isn't there a milk pouring ritual?

Is there a specific place I should keep it?

Must it be worshiped everyday?

Fun fact: the thing is an idol of shiv's dick

Pour milk on it & drink it at the base.

Chant the benis mantra in spurdish.

>Isn't there a milk pouring ritual?
There is a ritual in which milk and water are alternately poured over the lingam, yes. Mahā Śivarātri, basically Śiva's annual holiday, is coming up, and would be an especially good day to perform such a ritual.

>Is there a specific place I should keep it?
Placing it on the floor could be considered disrespectful, but apart from that, the best place to put it is anywhere elevated where it is easily visible. If you have a table where you keep other spiritual objects, like incense or prayer beads, you could place it there, for example.

>Must it be worshiped everyday?
You can do offerings / pūjā / ārati / meditation as frequently or infrequently as you wish. More is generally considered better.

>According to Swami Sivananda, the view that the Shiva lingam represents the phallus is a mistake.[15] The same sentiments were also expressed by H. H. Wilson in 1840.[27] Diana Eck believes that translators of Shiva Purana erroneously translated linga as "phallic emblem". She compares the mistranslation "as inadequate as it would be an interpretation of the Christian Eucharist that saw the rite first and foremost as ritual cannibalism, eating the body and drinking its blood".[28]

LITERALLY THE WORST PLACE TO ASK ABOUT HINDUISM.

go to hinduism.stackexchange.com

Why would a Jap worship Shiva? Don't you guys have all sorts of cool deities to worship?

He wants to summon Shiva to do diamond dust ice attack on all enemies.

>Don't you guys have all sorts of cool deities to worship?
breitbart.com/national-security/2016/01/11/long-forgotten-hindu-gods-find-worshippers-in-japan/

Didn't the Indians have a lingam that floated in a air because of a magnetic pedestal until Afghan muslims sacked the temple in late 13th century?
That's pretty much the only thing I still remember from that one Indian history book I read. And the fact that one prime minister drank his piss because he thought it was healthy.

When is India going to rise up and take back hindu dominance like they did with those silly Maratha rebellions?

>the wonders of the place was the temple in which was placed the idol called Somnath. This idol was in the middle of the temple without anything to support it from below, or to suspend it from above. It was regarded with great veneration by the Hindus, and whoever beheld it floating in the air was struck with amazement, whether he was a Mussulman or an infidel. The Hindus used to go on pilgrimage to it whenever there was an eclipse of the moon, and would then assemble there to the number of more than a hundred thousand.

ibiblio.org/britishraj/Jackson9/chapter05.html

Holy shit the irony is killing me

Cool as fuck