Is Come and See objectively the best war movie ever made?

Is Come and See objectively the best war movie ever made?

youtube.com/watch?v=6HCTIUx1Arc

>Come and see
fuck, American translation distorts the actual meaning of the title
it's rather "Go and look" in Russian, the difference is subtle but important

i know it's from the Apocalypse and it was translated to English in another way but still

this is about dirlwanger terrorizing slavs right? what about the commies terrorizing the germans aka all that rape shit. this movie is super good but i'm kinda sick of the evil nazis sschtick .

Yes it is. Nothing can come even close.

They also used live ammo for some scenes such as this.

In revelations it's "come and see" whenever a seal is opened

I bet it's not really go and look and you're just fucking up over the tenses, go and look makes less sense

a part of history can't be a schtick

I love when tracers bounce all over the place on impact.

I think Shame by Bergman is better.

It really shows the destruction of normality and personal identity that happens in war in ways few films ever have.

Not even close to being the best, it shows little of war except some depravity. It is an interesting film worth watching, but just because it is semi-obscure and foreign does not mean it is the best.

The Thin Red Line is.

>flick takes place during WW2
>got fucking lazer weapons

Was this a Star Wars thing? Like when Moonraker was made?

I think it's a pretty good movie but the ending is really stupid. Giving up his revenge because he realizes Hitler was a kid once too? Complete bullshit, it's such a dumb ending it almost makes me not like the movie as a whole.

It's not even the best soviet war film

>Giving up his revenge because he realizes Hitler was a kid once too?
You didn't get it, did you?

what the fuck are you talking about

Something that you experience can't be objective since it's all about the qualities of the film rather than quantities.

You can't deny plural perspectives.

fucking mouthbreather

He's joking about Batman vs. Superman

What went wrong?

its soviet propaganda

Probably, the only movies that come close are Stalingrad (1993) and All Quiet On The Western Front (1930)

Nobody wants to watch a movie about soviet war crimes against German """""victims""""" who were hooting and Hollering for totalerkrieg and got butt flustered (literally) when their armies had to stop fighting women, children and Greeks and had to face based Zhukov

Bravo, Snyder

Probably.
The end sequence is haunting.

The Ascent is probably on the same level. Just as gruesome.

>He still considers germans to be humans

How many fucking times do these rats need to damage the white race for you to get the fucking message?