New Do Make Say Think 5/19

2017 is fucking saved

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/constellation-records/do-make-say-think-bound-and-boundless
youtube.com/watch?v=CAbNarBqrBs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well it didn't need saving after the new Grails album, but I am ridiculously hyped for this and any possible US tour. It's been too long.

>Well it didn't need saving after the new Grails album
oh shit, that's what that is? I keep seeing it and figured it was some new spam/viral marketing-core

two new songs, the one from the teaser

soundcloud.com/constellation-records/do-make-say-think-bound-and-boundless

the way it got posted and discussed really did make it sound like a shill campaign

damn this is based

I haven't seen Sup Forums mention anything about it, and it's totally ignored in the 2017 threads. Guess I don't lurk as often as I thought.

reminder that this is their best album and a fair bit better than lift your skinny fists as well

Gonna be great. This, Xiu Xiu and Grails are saving my life right now. All my highschool favorites are still releasing relevant and objectively good music.

Yeah, & Yet & Yet could give it a run though.

& Yet & Yet is their best and most consistent imo, but they have sustained a level of quality few can shake any sticks at. My least favorite is Other Truths

I'm a Grails poster. I had no choice but to post about it like a shill because it wouldn't have been talked about otherwise.

There's no way you could think Other Truths is worse than the s/t 1998 album.

The S/T has great tracks and more of a variety that I enjoyed. OT was mainly just guitar rock that I didn't find compelling really.

I had this same thought. Bands I was into so many years ago, both took extended hiatuses, and then both in 2017 letting loose with great material.

Seeing discussion of Grails and DMST on Sup Forums is pretty startling. Lowkey good tastes in an ocean of pleb-tier shitposting. It's comforting to know there are a handful of you out there.

Yeah its hard to find good music forums. I remember going on Afterthepostrock.com a long time ago, and trying to get into the pamlico sounds board, are there any easily accessed forums better than Sup Forums?

Holy fuck the tracks sound amazing. This is already better than You, You're a History in Rust and Other Truths.

stay based everyone.

Not that I know of. I keep the discussion among friends and scattered across a few random music sites, but I don't have a solid go-to that encompasses it all. Sup Forums is probably among the worst places to discuss anything instrumental since everyone seems obsessed with pigeonholing groups into "waves" and assuming that because they listened to Explosions in the Sky back in 2004, they're familiar with all future instrumental groups which use tremolo. It's embarrassing but I guess it also keeps them out of threads like this one, which is something to celebrate.

Anyone ever check out Watter? Contains a member of Grails and Brian from Slint, if I recall. Really solid debut from a few years back, for those of you with that Grails itch. They're also due for a 2017 release.

>their best album
>better than lysfl
No and no. Winter Hymn is their best.

Finally seeing articles about it on different websites. I hope they get a pretty enthusiastic reception, anything to encourage them to tour

FUCKING
I
N
A
L
L
Y

Mount eerie was already going to save 2017 tho

Goodbye Enemy Airship > Winter Hymn > &Y&Y >>>>> LYSF

that's incredibly wrong but suit yourself

I really like Broken Social Scene and I know Kevin Drew was in both bands but I've never listened to DMST even though my friends love them
Which album should I start with?

The most engaging and relentlessly melodic is & Yet & Yet imvho.

youtube.com/watch?v=CAbNarBqrBs

I don't think Kevin Drew has been part of DMST... has he?

My favourite is Goodbye Enemy Airship but they're all good and there aren't many to go through.

yea watter was alright, given the members i was honestly expecting better though. His drumming seemed reserved on it compared to the stuff he did with slint/the for carnation.

He may be confused, Charles Spearin of DMST has played in BSS for a long time yo creo.

He wasn't, it's Charles Spearin who is in both and Ohad benchetrit, and maybe someone else. Kevin Drew did awesome instrumental stuff pre BSS called K.C. Accidental with Charles.

Oh yeah that's who I was thinking of. My bad.

I'll check out & Yet & Yet though thanks Anons