So, Sup Forums, for the rest of my life I will be given $800USD a month just for being alive...

So, Sup Forums, for the rest of my life I will be given $800USD a month just for being alive. Where could I move to live comfortably on this? Mexico comes to mind, and from some research Merida sounds really nice, but I was wondering if you guys might know anything.
I'd prefer somewhere I can get weed easily and also obviously not a third world shithole.
Warsaw, Poland also came up when I was looking--it can be anywhere in the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/
youtube.com/user/cather76/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

thailand

Where are good places for Americans to live? I don't want to get killed or some shit.

>800 USD
I hope you dont plan on live only of that, i dont think its enough

That's a low wage here so I doubt you can go anywhere except africa

9600 dollars sounds low, even for some second world nations. Maybe Russia?

You're best off investing the money

I'm looking at Sochi, there's some pretty nice apartments there.
What about Guanajuato? There's apartments there for like $200...

You could live off that in Prague. Not extravagantly or anything but it's feasible. Weed is easy here.

Really? Prague was the first city that came to mind, I've always been interested in your nation's history and culture. What do apartments cost there and how much is weed?

just get a part time job and save it you dumb faggot

I have a job. I want to retire at 22 because I can.

Are you getting welfare or something OP? Are you mentally retarded?

I'm a disabled veteran. I got PTSD on active duty (was a Navy Corpsman assigned to a Marine unit) so the VA has to compensate me for my life sucking ass now. Even if I go out of the country I still get it.

If you give me one paycheck I'll actually take care of everything and land you a nice apartment.

>getting paid for being a pussy ass nigga
>being a veteran
lol kys I take back my offer, fuck off we're full

800 bucks for a veteran? It's just sad that a person who served the country and got damaged during his duty now can barely live on 800 bucks.

Well, since you asked us for an advice, I'd say that if you'll quit your job now, in ten years you'll regret that you lost your opportunities and will continue living in poverty for the rest of your life.

Depends on where, If you are comfortable living outside the center in something small, it's something from 400 to 500 bucks. Center is over 800 bucks definitely unless you know people or are sharing.

Weed I have no idea since I don't partake, shouldn't be over 10 bucks a gram but you can grow it yourself or get friends.

He said 800$ a month.
Around 9600$ a year.
This isn't a lot but he wants to know where he can live with it.

I did medical because I wanted to go help little kids in Afghanistan and be able to go to college, since that's the only way poor white men can afford it these days in this shithole. I was considering Greece as well though.
Suka privyet, I can land an apartment in Sochi for less than $250 a month and live well on the rest. I have a job in America but I'd prefer to live on that and retire.
Those are good things to know, I will look in to it further. Thank you.

What made you snap?

Literally anyone can go through higher education on public loans

Malaysia.
800USD is half of a doctor's salary there

Something that happened on base in the US, surprisingly enough. A buddy killed himself by eating a 12ga shotgun in the parking lot by the clinic we worked out of. The doctor I was under directed us to continue trying to resuscitate him for about half an hour before paramedics arrived.
>helping the banks

Sorry, not paramedics, but the truck to take him to the hospital morgue.

Nigga a kid ODed on heroin right next to my room and his body wasn't discovered for 3 days. I could smell his rotting flesh until they found him and yet I didn't snap.

Ah, can't blame you though. The circumstances aren't comparable. I'm sure I'd snap pretty bad too if I saw my nigga eat some 00 buck.

Okay then go horde your bitcoin you pussy fucking medic

I've been wondering for a while, do all these suicides really happen because of people's guilt and remorse, or is it because only the people that had a shitty life were forced to go to the millitary? Or perhaps due to overmedication by the army doctors?

Right-o, sorry to make you bring it up, but my curiosity got the better of me.

Honestly your best option is somewhere in Asia with that budget. Thailand is probably your best bet.

Try africa

Was his name elliot? Almost identical thing happened to someone I knew

>PTSD
asperger is a more resoectable bullshit
>I'm so disabled
you want to live off the pussy version of neetbux

kys

The first one is actually pretty uncommon. Second one is spot on. Third one is just shitty mental health care.
A lot of it is that people come home and their wife has left them or hates them or they just can't function as normal humans any more and that drives them to suicide. A lot of people have seen things too scarring.
Yeah. Thailand, Russia, and Mexico are at the top of my list. And it's all good, I'm stoned enough it doesn't bother me.

Come to Lima! You can live comfortably with 800 bucks a month here, it's like 3 times the minimum wage, you could even have a small family

I'm very curious: how does PTSD affect you in your everyday life? Do certain conditions cause it to worsen? How has your life changed with it? DO you know a lot of vets with it?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm going into healthcare and would love to hear your perspective

Good luck finding an affordable place. If you can't decide on a country you could become a drifter in North America

>3 times the minimal wage
>confortably
i dont know what is confortably for you people

For me I'm just anxious all the time. I carry a gun (legally) at almost all times. Every small situation feels like it's going to get bad. I'm also just generally depressed now, and certain things (gore especially, also I dislike guns even though I carry one) really make me want to curl up in a ball and hide from the world. If you have an email I'm happy to discuss it with you.

Like "not working"

They called him Africa but he hated that. I can't actually remember his first name unfortunately.

Well you would not work but you would live in a shitty place and barelly be able to pay rent
At least here

Sochi is a very expensive place, you wouldn't survive on $800/month there.

I'm looking on Avito and apartments are cheap. What exactly would make it so expensive?

800 USD isn't really enough for anywhere. Realistically what I'd recommend is moving to a country that you like, and then working part time as a tour guide or something so you can live comfortably.

On Sup Forums I have people giving me a myriad of options in SE Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America.
Why does Sup Forums just tell me it can't be done?

Because Sup Forums comes from all over the world. We're not 14 year olds that think $800 is a lot. Like quite honestly dude, unless you want to die in Belize or Thailand, $800/month isn't going to get you anywhere by itself.

Because you wont be able to live''confortably'' anywhere with that kind of money
Youll live, just not confortably, do you want to be lower class in south america?

>listening to Sup Forums
>ever
D.O.N.T

If you don't want to live in a garbage shack, you're going to have to do at least part time or freelance work. Find something you can do from home.

Comfortably for me is a small apartment, food, internet, and enough to eat out and do fun stuff.
I'm researching what they're showing me and it's all the kinds of places I was looking for. You guys are just telling me no.

Half your money will probably go towards rent and utilities with another half going towards food. You won't be able to go out or have fun unless you live in a literal third world country.

thats the thing tho, do you want an small appartment in a shitty part of a southamerican city, and maybe not even have money to do fun stuff

If OP has PTSD from seeing a guy kill himself I wonder what the Afghans feel like from seeing their families killed in an airstrike, or blown to pieces by a landmine

as some guy said before, if you managed to find a job you enjoy you could probably do it, but just living on that i wouldnt recommend

It was more of the whole having to try to put his head back together and then make his heart beat for half an hour that got me. I've seen friends die traumatically. It's okay though, you've done nothing with your life and are incredibly privileged and spoiled.

Well yeah, you get 800 bucks a month for your bad experience while the father who dug his dead child out of the rubble from an airstrike is told to move on with his life.

why are you mad at him tho
i dont swee you getting off your ass to help anybody

I did medical and played doctor for the village near my COP. You're not going to make me feel bad with that one.

Just makes you think how people always talk about veterans mental health but not people who have no choice but to live in the chaos of war

He's an edgy 16 year old troll who is upset that I have things he doesn't. He is also upset that he is too fat and autistic to ever get to join the military.
We can't do a lot about that, now can we? You've certainly done less for these people than I have, so I really don't see why you're still talking about it.

americans care about americans, the american army cares about its soldiers, stop pretending to care about people you never saw if youre just gonna bitch about the internet

Thanks for being a bro, BRo.

>Warsaw, Poland also came up when I was looking
Depends what you mean comfortably.
For ~$350/month you can rent a decent studio flat (around 40 sq meters) in some nice neighborhood. Assuming you prepare food yourself and want to eat well it would cost you another ~$150/month, and probably ~$50/month for other stuff like internet/phone etc.

That would leave you with around $250/month of disposable "income" to spend on whatever you want, and most stuff is cheaper here than in US (but not electronics, cars etc., so forget about newest iPhone).

That's basically what I was thinking. Can you tell me more? Do you know anything about getting a visa and all that?

Poland is also good for me because I practically have family over there due to a very close friend.

>can supply guns, tanks, and ammunitions but not basic mental health services

Durrrrr

Holy fuck really? I'm 28 and make $72,000 a year. Are other countries really that poor?

800 USD should be good enough to live comfortably in a studio apartment in Buenos Aires (it's slightly more than the average wage here)

No country is going to take a crazy ex soldier living off benefits.

Or if it does it'll be really shit.

>Can you tell me more?
What else do you want to know?
>Do you know anything about getting a visa and all that?
Nope, can't help you with that.

try cognitive behavioral therapy, live in america and go to medical school/nursing/etc.

better to chase your dreams then live in the shadow of trauma.

I don't want to do medicine any more. My passions are actually more in IT. If I could just learn that kind of stuff on my own and get to work eventually but not ever have to worry about employment it would be amazing.
Such is the problem with the rest of this country. The military's medical is honestly better than most of what we have, it's just a little overtaxed. The VA is even worse--it took them 6 months to get me an appointment with a psychiatrist after my discharge.
I guess what all there is to do for fun around there, things a foreigner would want to know?
I'll check it out, thanks.
Countries are racing to take in terrorists right now, I think I'll be fine.

Godspeed user, hope you get better and find a nice country

Thanks, friend.

Krakow or Praha imo OP. If you can get a residency in Poland then it is a paradise ( if you are white ). Great culture, cheap cost of living, beautiful cities and women.

Why not teach a bit of English on the side to supplement your income? In Thailand or Vietnam you could most likely close to double the $800 you have to work with by talking with some kids for 20 hours a week or so.

Or would your disability prevent that sort of interaction?

>I guess what all there is to do for fun around there, things a foreigner would want to know?
weird question, Warsaw is not much different than any major western city, so the lifestyle is similar to what you're probably used to anyways
>Countries are racing to take in terrorists right now, I think I'll be fine.
yes, but those immigrants pose as war """"refugees"""" therefore are required to be taken care of
you can't just go and live in another country permanently, you have to get some kind of permit to allow you for longer stay, usually received by being employed in said country

Poland is sounding better and better. I have a lot of connections there.
It would honestly probably be good for me to do that. I'll probably teach Englishh wherever I go, but I just want a place where it's entirely optional if that makes sense.
I know. If anything I'll just marry in to my friend's family.

Just make the effort to learn Polish and you will get by just fine!

Warszawa would be more expensive than smaller cities like Krakow or Wroclaw. He would have a better life in one of those cities imo.

I live in a "good" city and 800USD/month ~ 2400BRL/month is more or less what i have been living with for the last 4 years. I live alone and dont pay rent, i also eat for almost free, you can do that by getting into a public university (the gov will give you lunch and dinner). That is enough for me to live a confortable life and even save some money. It usually goes like this:
>200 internet+cable tv
>300 for the apartament
>100 eletricity
>100 food
>100 transportation
For bills that is it. You should probably fit more 700 in there if you are going to pay rent and for some medical care 300.
2400-1800=600
600 BRL just for fun and general stuff is not that bad, you wont be able to travel much or buy a car tho.

>It would honestly probably be good for me to do that. I'll probably teach Englishh wherever I go, but I just want a place where it's entirely optional if that makes sense.
I see. I'd probably recommend South-East Asia, but you'd probably be able to scrape by in Poland as well. I was there last year for some time, and it was easy to find a hearty meal for roughly $5. Have you checked out this site?: numbeo.com/cost-of-living/
It's pretty nifty for getting a gauge of how much certain things cost in specific cities. I've definitely gotten some use out of it.

Yes, I have! That's how I came upon Warsaw as being feasible.

This. The cost of living is rising all over the world , OP. All Southeast Asian countries will inevitably become too expensive to live in as their economies improve. Only places that'll be left are dangerous African shitholes or something.

Don't 'retire' now or you'll regret it.

CBT isn't medicine user. its behavioral therapy that works, its long term bu much more effective at treatment.

its built around mindfulness/principles known in psychology/psychiatry/buddhism for decades.

>I'm a disabled veteran.
>I got PTSD on active duty (was a Navy Corpsman assigned to a Marine unit)
Kys
T.Guardsmen

Also use your post-911(you qualify for 100℅) to go to school and get your shit together.

Trust me. Your money will go much further in places like Wroclaw or Krakow and they are both more beautiful than Warsaw ( imo ).

I should note the money I get is adjusted for cost of living and inflation (based on rates in the US)
I meant the working in that field aspect, sorry. I'll look in to that though. Hopefully it will be helpful.
The VA gives me money and I want to go live on it and do whatever. What kind of vet doesn't understand that?
I'll look in to those. I'm meeting with my Polish friend to talk about this tomorrow

>Mexico comes to mind
I truly doubt you can live comfortably with 800 usd in Mexico.

extremely high on freebase cocaine

Did you reply to both my threads?
And from what I've been seeing I definitely could, apartments are very cheap.

i'm honestly surprised a psychiatrist hasn't tried that approach yet, i use to work in a psychology department and literally all the doctors were promoting CBT/mindfulness as the greatest invention.

then again its both cheaper and easier to just medicate people.

>I also eat for almost free, you can do that by getting into a public university (the gov will give you lunch and dinner).
I really wish you affirmative action parasites would just drop dead

>The VA gives me money and I want to go live on it and do whatever. What kind of vet doesn't understand that?
I respect people taking full advantage of what they're entitled to. If I were you I'd go to school, bank your BAH and than get revaluated and get a higher rating from the va, as your situation is only gonna get worse.

I've had a few practitioners mention mindfulness, but it's a pretty small thing in the US.
I plan on going to school, but if I could do it abroad that would be even better.

The American war machine doesn't give a shit about people, just churning out weapons and tanks to colonize the world with military bases

Inflation is going to hit you hard.
In 20 years, $800 is going to be peanuts.

this i would go live in the balkans or east europe go to albania they will love you

youtube.com/user/cather76/videos
If you're interested in Serbia, check this guy out.

be a hobo in Norway and then get imprisoned whenever the money dries up

>What about Guanajuato?
I swear to god if you step foot in my ancestral state I will bomb a restaurant in San Miguel full of white tourists

>I'm a disabled veteran. I got PTSD
lol what a fag

>I want to retire at 22 because I can.
You can't even rent a one bedroom apartment with $800.