Will Kendrick ever make another album or does he just not give a shit anymore?

Will Kendrick ever make another album or does he just not give a shit anymore?

I feel like UU was just to not lose his fans but it was just a collection of shit that wasn't good enough to put into a real album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UAel4nAKa1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I feel like UU was just to not lose his fans but it was just a collection of shit that wasn't good enough to put into a real album

This is exactly the point of it. What the fuck are you talking about

It's been 2 years since TPAB that's pretty normal. He'll probably start dropping some new shit soon. Wouldn't be surprised if he surprise dropped this one, or just gave out a release date without singles. He's got enough clout to do that now. He doesn't need singles to build up hype anymore.

Pretty sure Top Dawg (or one of the other higher ups at TDE) said he's dropping this year.

But TDE is a terrible label so take what they say for granted.

it's funny because I like Untitled Unmastered more than To Pimp a Butterfly

Well we cant say 'oh he just made an album' because all he did was call up his past producers and say "Hey yo nig could you give me that old project file" then he released them.

>Well we cant say 'oh he just made an album' because all he did was call up his past producers and say "Hey yo nig could you give me that old project file" then he released them.

No one thinks that. The whole album is literally extras/outtakes/etc. even the title. Just read the title. That's exactly their intention. No one said it's supposed to act like new material. It is literally the demos and other unreleased songs

>I feel like UU was just to not lose his fans but it was just a collection of shit that wasn't good enough to put into a real album

No, it was a collection of unreleased tracks that weren't on TPAB but were good enough to release as their own project. UU was still really fucking good.

I doubt he just threw it together, those tracks were probably carefully selected.

I was just thinking that someone would come in here and say, "Bruh he juzz reeleazed that shee UU album dawg"

I'd say it's more than that. It's more than just a bunch of loosies.

It's not songs that weren't good enough for TPAB, it's just songs that didn't quite fit into TPAB. None of them would look out of place on TPAB in terms of quality.

yea maybe

I'm also not saying UU isn't good, its a great album. Just saying that even including it, its been 5 days over a year since it was released.

Most rappers at least would announce they are doing something, he's had a lot of features but no singles or anything. (I think?)

Quality over quantity, friend. He takes time releasing his albums.

There was a 3 year gap between butterfly and good kid. There's probably gonna be a decent sized one between butterfly and his next project.

>Most rappers at least would announce they are doing something, he's had a lot of features but no singles or anything. (I think?)

What's your point here

No point to this whole thread really, I'm just extremely thirsty for a new Kendrick album

Yea me too who else do you like besides kendrick?

Kanye, DRAM, Kyle (So happy he just got a hit song, he really deserved it after making great shit for years unnoticed), Cole, Chance, Nas, Gambino, basically anything that isn't trap or mumble rap.

I also met a guy who makes some dope stuff named Slik D, he makes chill stoner rap, but he's ugly as fuck so I cant take him all that seriously.

Also I'm a lo-fi faggot so I actually kinda like Joji despite the memes

>basically anything that isn't trap or mumble rap.

bye garbage boy

I do appreciate some music for the music and not for the lyrics. Trap/mumble rap like amine and yachty usually has great music so I enjoy it but I can't say I love it because of the incoherent mumbling.

Sometimes you have to not over-analyze the music you're listening to, and just vibe out

TPAB was two years ago, calm the fuck down dude. Considering that was 3 years after GKMC it's a bit early to get anxious over no new stuff.

Pretty good tastes.
What do you think of this song?

youtube.com/watch?v=UAel4nAKa1A

I remember just after TPAB came out, Kendrick was quoted as saying he wouldn't come out with another album for a "very long time."

I mean, we waited 5 years after GKMC so I don't think he's kidding.

>Most rappers at least would announce they are doing something

The new trend is to drop music unannounced, big album promotion is becoming less of a thing.

Nowadays, big name artists can just surprise release their shit.

Or if they don't want to do that, they drop a single and an album release date at the same time, usually a couple weeks before the album's release.

Thanks for being on Sup Forums

It sounds good but theres something that feels wrong about it thats stopping me from saying I really like it but I'm not quite sure what it is

It's actually my first day here, thanks for the warm welcome!

Does it have to do with the vocals or the beat?

I think its just the pace of it, maybe its off beat or something.

>Sometimes you have to not over-analyze the music you're listening to, and just vibe out

You stupid or something? It's a fact that yachty, future, etc. intended the vocals to sound like that. This kind of hip hop is not like nas, ye or any old rappers. You don't need to over analyzy anything. Just listen. Yachty is not a rapper to spit some bars he just makes fun music

I don't blame you. I think I felt the same on first listen too.