letterboxd.com/hugemoff/
letterboxd.com/lozjudai/likes/films/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Inãrrítu still has his peak in his first film

DUDE DEEP LMAO

>DUDE
>EN YOUR FACE
>DEEP

The Revenant is simply the representation of the artistic bankruptcy plaguing the contemporary film industry.

Like Birdman, Inarritu's last endeavor in hackery, this latest attempt is to convince the masses that what they are viewing is something deep or meaningful, when all it has done is push forward shallow technicality and exaggeration to make the frame pulsate with vulgar loudness. Characters are mere veneers, the cinematography is pretty but so conspicuous as to be rendered aggravating and the thesis is about as overdone as DiCaprio's acting. The camera feels like it has been waiting all day for a climactic shot and the film's deliberately difficult production history is laid bare in the indulgent cinematography.

Thematic complexity and philosophical subtext take a back seat to what amounts to as basically an action movie with action stars wrapped up in the veil of arthouse. And much like Salome, what lies beneath is ultimately puerile, obscene and holding fascination only for adolescents.

Inarritu is guilty of something far greater than simply making a bad movie. He is guilty for the crime of gestating his pretense and self-importance, forcing many others to labor over it in a misguided attempt to create art and daring to call the afterbirth a film. Perhaps instead of taking his cast and crew to the ends of the Earth in search of a better shot, the Mexican counterfeit filmmaker should have taken his juvenile and crass sensibilities to the seedy San Fernando valley. There he could have at least made a profit of filming all the money shots he wanted.

The Revenant is simply the representation of the artistic bankruptcy plaguing the contemporary film industry.

Like Birdman, Inarritu's last endeavor in hackery, this latest attempt is to convince the masses that what they are viewing is something deep or meaningful, when all it has done is push forward shallow technicality and exaggeration to make the frame pulsate with vulgar loudness. Characters are mere veneers, the cinematography is pretty but so conspicuous as to be rendered aggravating and the thesis is about as overdone as DiCaprio's acting. The camera feels like it has been waiting all day for a climactic shot and the film's deliberately difficult production history is laid bare in the indulgent cinematography.

Thematic complexity and philosophical subtext take a back seat to what amounts to as basically an action movie with action stars wrapped up in the veil of arthouse. And much like Salome, what lies beneath is ultimately puerile, obscene and holding fascination only for adolescents.

Inarritu is guilty of something far greater than simply making a bad movie. He is guilty for the crime of gestating his pretense and self-importance, forcing many others to labor over it in a misguided attempt to create art and daring to call the afterbirth a film. Perhaps instead of taking his cast and crew to the ends of the Earth in search of a better shot, the Mexican counterfeit filmmaker should have taken his juvenile and crass sensibilities to the seedy San Fernando valley. There he could have at least made a profit of filming all the money shots he wanted.

Birdman is simply the representation of the artistic bankruptcy plaguing the contemporary film industry.

Like The Revenant, Inarritu's last endeavor in hackery, this latest attempt is to convince the masses that what they are viewing is something deep or meaningful, when all it has done is push forward shallow technicality and exaggeration to make the frame pulsate with vulgar loudness. Characters are mere veneers, the cinematography is pretty but so conspicuous as to be rendered aggravating and the thesis is about as overdone as DiCaprio's acting. The camera feels like it has been waiting all day for a climactic shot and the film's deliberately difficult production history is laid bare in the indulgent cinematography.

Birdman is simply the representation of the artistic bankruptcy plaguing the contemporary film industry.

Like The Revenant, Inarritu's last endeavor in hackery, this latest attempt is to convince the masses that what they are viewing is something deep or meaningful, when all it has done is push forward shallow technicality and exaggeration to make the frame pulsate with vulgar loudness. Characters are mere veneers, the cinematography is pretty but so conspicuous as to be rendered aggravating and the thesis is about as overdone as DiCaprio's acting. The camera feels like it has been waiting all day for a climactic shot and the film's deliberately difficult production history is laid bare in the indulgent cinematography.

>neo/lbg/

hear my joy

this thread

it is perfect

letterboxd.com/sk00/

>no heart for citizen kane

why?

I've stopped hearting things, can't really be bothered. The heart for Neon Demon is from when I did bother.

He doesn't pretend to grasp it at first watch.

Ok

you mean neo-neo-neo-neo-neo-/lbg/

you mean neo-neo-neo-neo-neo-/lbg/

HE DIDN'T FLY SO GOOD

letterboxd.com/steakbro/

forgot to log my BLACKHAT rewatch from like a week and a half ago

oh well

but dropping a like is literally the lowest effort thing possible

10/10 a/v thanks yiffy

the fucks that

Yeah I suppose, might start doing it again.

>mad max fury road
>five stars
kys

When did Jackieray and his merry band of irc faggots take over?

>that resolution
>that bitrate starvation

why

Based Steakbro of anti-art films.

Let see

>FR
>BH
>Some hipster trash bait

How much did you like BvS: UC

In your imagination, about a month or two ago.

>this is considered the peak of filmmaking to steakbro

Because it's a fucking iTunes rip

you could just check my diary. i logged it when i watched it.

>archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/BeyondWaffles/order/asc/
You've come back with a new name you complete and utter pleb?

Is "Jackieray and his merry band of irc faggots" the Scientology of /lbg/?

changed my name when i bought pro because i thought it was a fucking stupid name in retrospect. had nothing to do with the general.

blu-ray.com/movies/Come-and-See-Blu-ray/159069/

wahoo!!!!!!!!!

Surface level memeflick

Well fuck me sideways lad not even in a thousand years would I have guessed they still have the film preserved in order to do a bluray release of it.

Nice, my father is going to like this news.

>wahoo!!!!!!!!!

Was it autism?

youtube.com/watch?v=YVyWObJY9FQ

DO we like this or DO we disliek this

I need to know if I can like it or not guys

a scene from Apocalypto

Its been so long.

Why haven't you developed even an ounce of taste since?

He is anti-art, that is his taste.

I haven't seen it, maybe you're right user

it's only 4 weeks away too. I can't find any information on it anywhere. Hope it's a good transfer but not hugely hopeful.

>he doesn't enjoy the being autistic meme
hmmmmmm

Did you like Apocalypto?
I really want Gibson to direct Berserk live action film.

Well, /lbg/?

\(^_^)/

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

i have developed a personal taste. it's just not particularly "good" by the standards of this general. i mean, if there's one thing no one says about me, it's that my "taste" seems artificial or inconsistent.

i'm working on it, though. been trying recently to take more of an interest into older films. started with Ford, and have been really enjoying his films so far. we'll see.

Very interesting!

does kstew get nude or get fucked in equals is it worth the dl i'd like it even if she just makes sex moan noises or she wears a bra and panties or similar

>our agenda is working
This is disgusting and worrisome

>i have developed a personal taste. it's just not particularly "good" by the standards of this general.

No, we can only like russian oscure kino

These posts are literally facebook/youtube tier.

>i have developed a personal taste.

Very fitting to this board and general, then

Everybody in this thread is wearing a fedora, some bright whiteknight fedoras, some black-as-my-soul edgelord fedoras. Why can't we ever not sperg out like master fedorian vapists and just enjoy or ignore something. All this chatter, desperate slobbering, pathetic piss poor trolling, is more horrifying than most of our thread subjects.

Does anyone have the gif of the actual lbg-poster tipping his fedora?

Can't remember the account name, I assume they don't still post here

Find a new hobby, steakbro.

How did aeltbx change his name on Karagarga? His account is still there but the name is different. How is that possible?

>It's 'IRC shitposters try to take down Steakbro but fail at it again' rerun
nice I like these.

Steakbro is part of the irc anti-art brigade actually.

Maybe he sucked some admins dick?

he got promoted to vip or whatever

He didn't, though.

Inclined to believe this.

letterboxd.com/jumpacat/

>The Revenant was good

Of course it is good, that isn't a matter of debate. What is, is how good

Not him, it was garbage. inarritu is hot garbage

(((You)))

It's been disappointing. I did watch Jackie Brown to recover.

Why was she so amazing in The Hateful 8?

letterboxd.com/plebiann/

She KNEW this would be her comeback, so she really gave it her all. She was wasted throughout the 2000's IMO.

too bad it's a QT flick and she'll never find another serious role

What did the lil embryo mean by this?

what about Anomalisa?

Now she is starring in Garland's STALKER remake. Done pretty good for herself. Probably gonna check her other films where she was in a main role, such a fantastic performance in The Hateful Eight, stole the show in it. Her eyes and body language were just treat.

name ONE person that still cares about that movie

dino stamatopolous

I was making fun of the people who gave this 2-5 stars.

>tfw your boner kills

you were exposing yourself

She's got a bunch of other interesting movies coming up.
I've heard of Garland's Annihilation, I didn't even think that it was a Stalker remake, that makes me even more curious.

Red pill me, pleb.
How do i get into them.

interesting...

throw off the societal expectations that teach what a film is suppose to be, and instead feel

Tfw a 17 year old insults Berlin horse.
Im 19-23 and my taste is fucking supperior.

Well, everything I've read so far seems like it is influenced by Tark's STALKER. Ex Machina had some Tarkovsky moments here and there too. He is clearly influenced by him

Makes sense. The story sounds very similar with the whole 3-4 people traveling into a dead "Zone" .

Tbh, it just came to me. I used to not like, noise music and stuff like that, but i got into it. So im in the wrong here.

This nigga mad asf

you are welcome

it was surprisingly good. if you're not into chase scenes than it's probably not your thing, though.

he's mad because he hasn't created anything meaningful in his life.
all he's done is watch as others create and then laugh at them for trying.

http:letterboxd.com/4you

Man with a Movie camera is amazing.

letterboxd.com/lozjudai/

letterboxd.com/hugemoff/

you're amazing

>criticism is rude
>anyone who dislikes something created by someone else is a jealous "hater"
Eli?

Before I saw it I thought it was just memorized because it was one of the first "movies" really. But it really is incredible. The techniques used are unbelievable for the time it was made.

Also I changed how I treat my likes. Basically a like means it`s part of my "favorite" movie list be it for artistic or entertainment reasons

letterboxd.com/lozjudai/likes/films/