I'm going to be trying acid for my first time this weekend

I'm going to be trying acid for my first time this weekend.

I've smoked pot for years and messed around with MDMA but have never done any trips,

Any tips from the experienced?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1g0KThAbkjU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do this while you tripping.

Just be somewhere where you're comfortable and safe.

Try not to go crazy.

Have some fucking self control
Drink water, as always
If feeling bad, change your environment (go somewhere more comfortable, change lighting, anything to change the environment)

Is it really that bad?

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the moon

Only if you think it will be

Yes, i had a few lsd and mushroom trips and now i'm clinically insane. Zero history or mentally illness in family either.

youtube.com/watch?v=1g0KThAbkjU

this guy is as experienced as it gets

not that user, but it can be
But it's not so bad that I wouldn't/didn't do it a dozen times last summer

Nice cringe, i bet you listen to Bob Marley when you're stoned too?

lies

What makes you say that?
You don't think psychedelic drugs can make people go crazy? I'm not saying it happens to everyone, or even most but its clearly a risk you take.

Surprised nobody has suggested getting a watcher

Beware of getting caught in a loop, basically it's a thought loop where u keep jumping to the same thoughts over and over again.
A change of scenery will change up your trip, this is helpful in the event shit gets skatty
Try and remember that ur on acid, weird shit is expected to happen
Remember the time when u dosed and depending how much acid u are taking estimate when the trip will end and keep track of time
Acid and bud is a great combo but is more intense than just acid on its own, eg I can handle 8 tabs of acid alone but with bud anymore than 4 is too much
Happy tripping ;)

Just enjoy it user.

Thanks guys will be sure to post a thread if i get up to anything crazy :P

No you won't, you won't even be able to decipher the text on your phone/monitor screen, but hey I think it's for the best to stay the fuck off of Sup Forums while tripping

was in the exact same boat with previous drug experiences as you are when i tried for the first time a month or two ago - 5 yearsish smoking pot and MDMA a handful of times.

my first trip was absolutely amazing, since we were lucky with the weather and followed the following advice:

1) Do it with people you like/trust/know
2) Do it somewhere that you feel safe/secure, outdoors is a massive bonus because you are much more appreciative of nature
3) Do it during the day, preferably a sunny warm day
4) Be prepared regarding food - you won't want to be interacting with sober people while you're tripping so plan your food in advance. Can highly recommend fresh fruit and other healthy foods like nuts, sometimes super sugary or processed food will taste like shit
5) Have an upbeat playlist ready to listen to incase you start having negative thoughts or want to get out of a loop - changing your music completely changes your state of mind
6) Enjoy yourself and get ready to be really introspective and think of things in a totally different way

Once the trip hits, do NOT cling to reality.
The trip will break through eventually anyways and trying to block it out will drastically increase your risk of a bad trip

It's not as if that was a bad recommendation.

Expect to get tripped the fuck out and feel like the secrets of the universe are being revealed to you until you realize you're in a loop and remember that you're on a illegal substance called ACID.

I disagree with bud being good with acid - the paranoia from bud can be really bad for a trip so would advise against combining. If you're worried about the trip turning sour or want to relax more then try and track down some xanax to kill/mellow it out

Definitely stay off Sup Forums while you're tripping.

2 important tips:

1) Never take it with lithium (look it up on erowid)
2) it comes on different to most drugs. Expect 4 hours of gradual increase followed by 4 hours of gradual decrease. It'll never 'hit' you.

If your blotter is bitter, it is not LSD but some possibly dangerous shit like NBOM-E, you might still get a decent trip but you are risking your life, if you don't test it before at least spit it out when it has a bitter taste.

1. mushrooms are a better first trip than acid. less risk because of the time frame in which you're actually tripping. you can always take more, but you can't take less, amirite?

2. either way, make sure you're not the only one tripping, but also if you can get a person with you that isn't tripping, that helps a bit.

3. drink lots of water, or beer or something. it helps to have beers (not hard alcohol) and/or cigarettes at hand if you do that kind of shit.

4. most importantly, there's a volume button. Vitamin C is up, and Naicin is down. Drink orange juice if you want to trip a little harder, drink milk if you want to calm down.

number 4 isn't confirmed by me, never had to use that kind of control. just make sure you set aside the time to be tripping. try to trip during a time where people (parents especially) won't be calling you. avoid confrontation, or spaces where you feel uncomfortable.

In my experience the peak hits within the first hour or two. Then it is a very gradual falloff.

Have fun bro.,love acid. In my top three drugs, best one for listening to music. Just chill. Don't do anything that'll make you anxious.have only had one bad trip so far, it's all set and setting. & Avoid it if you have a family history of schizophrenia lol

1,3 and 4 are not entirely based in fact. But the conclusion paragraph is very good advice.

Vitamin C will actually shorten your trip

Vitamin C doesn't do shit if ingested during the trip.

But, I guess if you THINK it will, it might.

>Enjoy yourself. Go where the trip takes you.
>Get a spotter if possible. Can't stress this enough

If done right acid feels fucking great.

i tripped on lsd for the first and only time a few months back,

one other person took with me, one sober,

the way me and the guy who took communicated verbally and through gestures was amazingly fluid, it was like all barriers were down that separated us,

somtimes i felt as though a shepard had his stick leading me around, (through sound /speech and music) then suddenly it felt as the grim reaper had a noose around my neck, lets just say i made a swift exit from that situation and didnt return

fun times though

"Go where the trip takes you" is a great rule of thumb. Go with the flow. If you want to go outside, go outside. If you want to go in, go in.

Music sounds fucking awesome.

Have fun also remember if its bitter its a spitter