When is he going to release that Anti-Trump track he keeps teasing in Snapchat?

When is he going to release that Anti-Trump track he keeps teasing in Snapchat?

Gira has a Snapchat? Gib name

Wouldn't having a Snapchat be against everything Gira stands for?

He has a Facebook and Instagram, I doubt he cares

I'm planning on getting into Swans. Please don't tell me that they're actually being serious about releasing an anti-Trump song. That would ruin it for me.

You won't like them

You're not missing much

>oh no, rapist doesnt like someone

Well, at least we got those 3 memes out of the way. Can anyone actually respond?

only good swans is old swans

no, fuck you. figure it out yourself.

If the idea of them releasing an anti trump song ruins your plans to get into a band you're just obviously a massive faggot and or retard so don't bother.

This guy is right
So is this guy, you can find all their music within a few clicks why can't you just listen to them and form an opinion?

well i mean new swans is okay if you're into that whole We Can Do The Industrial Thing ! sound where they're trying to be generically creepy

New Swans is pretty good music I guess but old Swans is a fucking experience.

old swans knew what the hell they were doing

>If the idea of them releasing an anti trump song ruins your plans to get into a band you're just obviously a massive faggot and or retard so don't bother.
Nice assumptions and ad hominem attacks. It really made me take your opinion seriously. Anyway, jumping on meaningless bandwagons would make me have to separate the artist from the music. Al Di Meola is so full of himself it's nauseating, but as a guitar player he's something else and I respect, even though I loathe him as a person.

New Swans = release the same album over and over with only minimal variation

Respect him*

>not releasing a pro-Trump song instead
I shiggy diggy

>Nice assumptions and ad hominem attacks. It really made me take your opinion seriously
See, you're a fag

>See, you're a fag
See, another ad hominem attack. I know all too well that it's fun to shitpost.

it can't be any worse than the poem larkin grimm wrote about bernie eating america out

its Sup Forums, defending yourself by spewing 'ad hominem' makes you look like an entitled fucking retard. Just admit you're too much of a weak cunt to try and listen to a band because the prospect of them releasing a political song hurts your pathetic feelings

TL;DR on Gira's political views?

I'm not hurt by the mere fact that someone wants to write political songs. Bob Dylan wrote a lot of politically charged songs and I'm a fan of his. Oh, and by the way, not using logical fallacies makes a person entitled? Good to know.

wow I didn't realize this was a formal debate
loser

Surely calling everyone an idiot is going to be better.

swans are one of my favorite bands, i rec soundtracks for the blind 1st

Thank you. It's quite a long album and I hope it will be worth it.

I got into Swans through White Light From The Mouth Of Infinity. To Be Kind is another good entry point. Alternatively, if you're more interested in their earlier material, maybe listen to Children of God and then Cop

this guy knows what hes talking about

who hurt you?

Whining about ad hominem on fucking Sup Forums makes you look like a bitch

Literally nobody cares that you know what a logical fallacy is

i should have hurt you

>republicans

Given that Swans' music is little more than DUDE REPETITION LMAO it's probably just gonna be

>Trump suckkkssss
>Trump suckkkssss
>Trump suckkkssss

Repeated for about 15 minutes, with at most two or three chord changes.

>TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMPPPPPPPP
>ESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>DIABLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>DIAABLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>ESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPP

just fucking kill me now

>he keeps teasing in Snapchat

can't say I'm surprised

>quote a swans lyric
>get called republican

>White Pride from the Mouth of Infinity

either way its gonna put me to sleep like the rest of his shit.

9.1 bnm

>anti-trump
ohhh lord, what a revolutionary no one would dare do that.

now thats what i call subtlety. probably exactly what it will be.

What happened to Swans? Their old albums a lot of variety and interesting ideas.

>BUILD AAAA
>WAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
>TEAR DOWN AAAA
>WAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I can hear it crystal clear

I genuinely like this idea and i dont even like new swans

Pretty sure Greed was good enough as an anti-rich people in general album.

fuck drumpf and fuck black people

This does not resemble Swans at all. You dimwits probably wouldn't be able tell if something they wrote was about Trump without an e-celeb reviewing their album and pointing it out for you. You faggots probably haven't listened to any Swans other than "Stay Here" and the first two minutes of "Bring the Sun / Toussaint L'Ouverture" and "The Seer". Gotta get your fill of memes so you can take part in discussion, eh? I bet you love replying to Swans threads with
>YOUR NAME IS FUCK
>FLEX YOUR MUSCLES
>ISEEITALLISEEITALLISEEITALL
>TOUSSAINT
Don't even bother replying to me.

This true statement will bring 0 butthurt kids.

He certainly does

holy fucking shit dude

underrated

this but unironically

It's my genuine conviction as well.

so much this

this but post-post-unironically

this and then some

this but progressive proto-ironically

Fuck off, faggot.
Pol fags and metal heads can never understand Swans' discography. (Specifically their no wave)

Or could it be that there's simply nothing to understand and some people just claim to understand it?

this but your meme will never catch on

don't bother if an anti trump track will trigger you

>implying this is a new meme
newfag get out reee

Gira just hates anybody in an ""authority"" position. He's probably pretty left on political views but generally he's probably more like Max Stirner except less of a fag.

same

>there's nothing to understand
Holy shit, what a fucking retard. I assume you listen to spooky metal music and garbage meme music considering you
A) have no idea what art is
B) have no idea what the No-wave scene was
C) have no idea why Gira made those first four albums

But sure. There's probably nothing to get,
Swans is just
>"dude repetition lmao"
after all, right?

>this but unironically

Enlighten us.

Google search
"No wave"
Retard.

These aren't some kino albums that you need to be trained in Buddhist temples to understand.
These are pretty basic messages but metal fans and pol users are so fucking retarded and socially unaware they don't tend to understand them.

What a great thread discussing music on Sup Forums's own music board, Sup Forums. Keep it up guys! :-)

Yes, I know that no wave means edgy proto-hipsters being unhappy about New York but it doesn't explain Swans' latest albums.

By the way, I don't think I've ever seen such a suave person as you.
>Retard
Just brilliant!

>tfw i want to get into swans but their albums are too long

if you like it, it won't feel like too long

>edgy
>proto
>hipster
>being unhappy about New York
Please end yourself.

I think I keep asking questions. If you answer them, I might stop.
Why is there so much repetition?

it's drone dude, it's hypnotic, if something sounds good (which in a lot of people's opinion, swans do sound good) why is it so unreasonable to listen to it for a while you know?

Wait he doesn't have a Snapchat right?

honestly all i want from this worthless thread

this but ironically

Not proper drones, just repetitive.
What happened to their lyrics? They used to be complex and interesting and now they're just a few words repeated over and over again.

i think it's just that they feel like the words themselves arent actually all that important and that they're going for this primal feel

So the music is simplistic and lyrics don't matter? What's the thing to "understand" then?

that's pretty much it
Gira said he got the lyrics from The Seer by randomly screaming "I see it all" during a live performance because he thought it was fitting

im not the guy that was arguing earlier btw

and there's a lot of interesting nuance in the production and the playing, the basic musical ideas and motifs are simple, but the way they're played, the way they progress, the way the tracks are arranged; some of it is pretty complex and organic and evolving even

I appreciate effort over improvisation, so I think I'll leave those newer albums to store shelves.

well im pretty sure they write these albums on tour, and their touring is pretty grueling, so i dont think effort is really relevant, just because something's subtle, doesnt mean they didnt put effort into it, im not trying to convince you otherwise, but to suggest they dont put effort into it is pretty unfair

I saw them on Monday. At one point Gira literally just strummed the same chord for 20 minutes and didn't even sing. The rest of the band did the same and got stuck to whatever they were doing. Drones are one thing but at that point it was just static. No progression or evolving whatsoever. I think it's a way better idea to sit down for a while before a gig or album recording and think what you're going to play, because making things up on the fly doesn't seem to work very well.

You've got it backwards. Before, their lyrics were straightforward and expressed really obvious sentiments. Now, their lyrics are at times more complicated, and at other times abstract and deeper. Honestly, even BTS/TL is deeper than almost anything Swans made before SFTB. It's about fervent belief and trust in lofty ideals, larger-than-life figures, and image. The Glowing Man is their second best record by a long shot and it's filled with some of the most intricate and meaningful lyrics Gira has put out. Unironically 2deep4u

He wears a cowboy hat so shouldn't he be libertarian?

For sure they are complicated, because there aren't much of them. It's like trying to figure out the plot of a book that's missing every other page. Being vague doesn't equal being deep or meaningful.

There's nothing missing from the lyrics. Swans manages to say more than they did on earlier records and they express themselves in ways that conform to the shape of the music in a more complementary manner. Their lyrics have always been a bit dense, and they've always been devoid of meaning unless you look at the big picture; at this point, they've honed their craft. (SFTB was a stroke of genius that can't be replicated, it shouldn't really be lumped in with their discography)

>Never listened to early Swans

He used a lot of LSD

In any case, the new material doesn't offer me much to latch onto.

That's Swans' creative process though, they build up their material by playing it live

I guess they ran out of gas then.

He's 60 I'm surprised he isn't deaf or dead from cirrhosis

63. I'm pretty sure his hearing is ruined. My ears were ringing after the gig and I used earplugs.