Did anyone not go through an emo/edgy phase?

what was your alternative to emo when you were 14-16ish?

Electronic music was my alt-emo phase

sadly I was the type that listened to edgy metal and occasionally blink 182

the beatles

I went through an 'indie' phase
Foster the people was my favorite group

i ask because it seems like all teenager just on the edge train. i know i did. i used to listen to bring me the horizon, avenged sevenfold and any japanese metal band like maximum the hormone (because was a fucking weeb)

I listened to nothing but classical music until 14, then I mostly listened to britpop and alternative/indie rock
My fav bands were Coldplay, Muse, Blur Radiohead and Elbow

*teenagers just jump on the edge train
fuck my spelling

mid 2000s Adult Swim music like FlyLo and DOOM. Everybody else was listening to Green Day and the Strokes

Streetlight Manefesto

I'm 20 and I just keep getting more depressed, but yeah I was completely goth when I was 15

No, I was too busy being a good boy and studying. Yeah, fun, I know.

hollywood undead - swan songs

edge lord anthems

I hated the whole emo thing, then i became one. I did like mcr and shit like that but i dis also listen to shit like SDRE. So i wasn't completely cringe, just mostly.

I really liked Meshuggah and Acacia Strain, some proggy stuff like Scale the Summit and Animals as Leaders, definitely went to Warped Tour every year etc etc. i was just learning drums too so it made sense

Stoner Metal, even though I didn't do drugs

so was I, and I feel like I entered the edgy phase now. Maybe everyone has to go through it, and the earlier you do, the better? All I know is that it sucks.

Sup Forums core

Lame

2000's indie phase, still like some albums but not like I used to

I hadn't thought about it that way. I think you're right. I'm probably in something of an emo phase right now. Making up for lost growth I guess.

I went through a buttrock phase. Breaking Benjamin, Puddle of Mudd, Seether, Rev Theory, Saliva all that shit. Probably because I watched a lot of wrestling at the time and that was all the music they would use.

I was not into music until I was like 15. Idk if it counts as edgy but the music I listened to was stuff like Pixies, Pavement, R.E.M. and others cataloged "alternative"
I never dressed all goth, but liked Joy Division and Bauhaus, so idk if that counts. I still like all that music, btw. It's just that it's not my favourite anymore.

Pink Floyd - the wall
and later Spiderland