Fuck you this scene alone is fucking gold

Fuck you this scene alone is fucking gold
youtube.com/watch?v=2zDz7SXj7cg
when did Sup Forums become /r/MCU and hate fucking God tier scenes like this

every scene with Lex just sucked, you have no taste

go back to Sup Forumseddit pls

Wrong. I love everything Lex related.

How come smug Lex isn't a thing? Just needs the thumb and fist

Why is Lex Luthor acting like The Joker?

honestly i wouldn't be mad if they turned him into the Riddler at arkham and his father hates Superman for destroying his son.

stop being retarded.

It's a really bad scene. It's essentially just "I hate you daddy!"

Damn i loved that Luthor, too bad they ruined him with the Doomsday shit

i think people have a problem with eisenjew more than his turn as lex. i thought lex in bvs was brilliant

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

I thought they should have just brought back Zod if they're doing that or do metallo. There's no reason Doomsday HAS to be the one that kills Superman which is literally why they chose to put him in there.

Eisenberg is great

Every single scene without Batman in this abortion of a movie is a piece of shit.
I watched the "Ultimate Edition" and had to stop halfway through it was so boring.
I was hoping for a Kingdom of Heaven, instead I have shitty scenes of Clark asking random people how Batman is a big fat meanie. I don't even think Bruce suited up halfway through.
They managed to fuck up movie featuring Batman and Superman by having neither of them for most of the movie.

>inb4 lepleb taste not recognising true kino
You're fooling yourself if you think this movie is anywhere near good. The tragedy is that the best cinematic Batman appears in the worst movie he's in.

Yep. Was a total kino performance

He was a very adolescent character, a boyish teen rebelling against his mean dad.

"Boy do we have problems UP HERE! The problem of you, ON TOP of everything else. You ABOVE ALL."

"MOTHER of GOD, look at the time!"

"The ALMIGHTY comes CLEAN about how DIRTY he is when it counts"

Almost every line of Lex's is based as fuck. So much wordplay. The whole speech about God being tribal, his Prometheus speech, etc.

Bravo Terrio.

This is what happens when you got an Oscar winner with a Master's degree in English lit to write a capefilm.

Actual substance, something completely foreign to marvel drones.

full movie out? where?

Lex came across like a person who wasn't very smart trying to sound much smarter than he actually is. He was a snot nose kid mad at his daddy.

he's incredibly smart and perfectly manipulative but i agree that he's insecure and has resentment towards his abusive father, and is mad at God.

It's so easy to write characters like this. Nothing special at all.
All you have to do is make an a dismissive, honest, and snarky response to everything. It's absolute shit because nobody would actually act this way, except maybe a psychopath who dresses like a clown.

This movie blows, this Lex blows, everything about this scene was terrible. Zack Snyder writes for 13 year old, angst-ridden teenagers, and you're an idiot for liking this.

jesus christ jesse eisenberg is a terrible actor

When people like you showed up in the last 3 years because of baneposting going mainstream there

Go ahead about spout something you've seen people say like glau, abatap, LOST, et cetera to prove otherwise lmao

He isn't nearly as smart as he wants to think he is, and he's only able to manipulate people because Snyder isn't a very good writer.

Chris Terrio wrote it you fucking retard.

Snyder didn't write it, holy shit some of you are completely retarded.

Just so you know, it's always the people that decry how stupid everyone else is that exhibit the very stupidity that they criticize.

>literally ripping off heath ledger's joker
wow great acting op hehexD

>retard thinks snyder wrote BvS
>gets called out
>calls others stupid

making lex a millennial edgelord was a mistake

THE SHORTEST DISTANCE BETWEEN TWO POINTS IS A DIAGONAL PATH, LEX.

>needs more religious puns I didn't quite catch the analogy

but seriously this is shit writing guys what the fuck.
The pretentious script couldn't have been saved by many and definitely not by Hack fucking Snyder. The movie suffers even more under his overambitious visual style because it tries to remind us for hours that we're witnessing something spectacular, insightful and worthwhile but it's just Snyder trying to masquerade the ridiculous plot and flat characters. Where all you cunts see a great, working analogy and callbacks to themes in culture and philosophy all I see is a bunch of manchildren trying to give meaning to something that doesn't need that level of grittiness and, let's call it """Intellectuality""" in the first place. I know they had to distinguish their franchise from Marvel but come on I don't need that pseudo "ugh do you even read Nietzsche?" philosophical bullshit and those god/jesus references every second sentence in a fucking cape flick. I'm not saying this couldn't have been worked into the movie, Robocop or the Matrix did it just fine. It's just silly to me the whole movie felt like a homage to Nolan's Batmans by a bunch of edgy teenagers, this movie may have some meaning hidden in that mess but it sure doesn't have a fucking soul

Hearing Jehova really struck me as being a tryhard. But I don't know if I can talk. I literally have no idea what the real meaning of that name is outside of Sepiroth's mother.

shocking how unbelievably retarded and bitter you are. stick to Disney, child.

i don't think there has ever been a more based villain in a comic book film honestly.

it's just the original Jewish name for god in the old testament. You're also right with it being try hard, it doesn't have much of a connection despite fitting in the whole "superman is god lol" thing they try to force so fucking hard. It's all about seeming deep but referencing stuff doesn't create substance out of nowhere.

want to try to elaborate a bit more dip shit? I think you missed the point, I'm not saying BvS should have been like a Marvel movie (seen most of them, not a fan desu) I'm saying they went overboard with the tone and general feel of the movie by trying to hard NOT to be like Marvel.

Zemo.

Lex is a legit pleb filter. Pretty much all of his lines went over people's heads.

They're used to villains acting like children and directly spelling out every single detail of their plans and motivations, as opposed to speaking through metaphors, wordplay and indirectly alluding to his particular philosophy.

>Lex is a legit pleb filter
t. the pleb with no real cinematic skill set

>"cinematic skill set"

t. complete retard.

This was a grown man that still referred to his father as daddy user.

yeah he was beaten by his father and is still traumatized about it.

much like Batman saw his parents murdered in front of him and is still traumatized about it.

traumatic moments as a child can affect people well into adulthood. shocking.

>pleb with no cinema skill set thinks he can post directly at his cine-superior

I'd like to argue with you, but I was so wasted when I watched bvS, you are probably right I missed a lot. I chose to watch Deadpool and BvS back to back on the same day. Deadpool blew harder than BvS exponentially, but I was so inebriated and tired that I had pretty much checked out by the time the "real fight" rolled around. I just walked out during superman's funeral because that motherfucker isn't dead anyway.

The only time Lex is honest is when someone asks him what he wants. The. Only. Time.

>cinematic skill set
yeah how do you not bring soap to the showers? fucking plebian

it happens senpai, watch the ultimate cut again when you get a chance and pay close attention to every piece of dialogue Lex has.

he's constantly quoting literature and most of his comments have double meanings.

Most of his dialogue was written by Chris Terrio who has a Master's in english lit and won an oscar for the screenplay to Argo.

These are grown men still drowning in adolescent angst. Superman isn't the one who caused their childhood trauma.

He makes cursory references to things he doesn't understand in an effort to make himself feel smarter than he actually is.

yes they are flawed and their anger towards Superman is misplaced.

much like most people in the world, who look for outlets and targets to deal with their frustration, anger and insecurities.

>'i'll take you in without breaking you'
>people make it through this movie without laughing at the fucking dialogue.

Project any harder and we'll be able to see you on a screen.

>projecting that projection on to him
checkmate

That stuff is called plot user

I'm sorry but Jesse Eisenberg is fucking horrible.

He's just awful and horrible.

Didn't mind Lex but Eisenberg really annoys me an actor. Only thing that changes from film to film is the general morality of the character, it's always himtalkingreallyquicklywhilejumpingfromideatoideatogivetheimpressionhegetsitbetterthanyou
It's like the annoying kid in your AP class from 10th grade who's super proud to be there

Lex Luthor understands what he is saying, you dumb piece of shit.

FIND ME A BETTER CAPESHIT SEQUENCE WITH BETTER FRAMING OF THE SUBJECTS

KINO
I
N
O

Superman 64 cinematics

Can I just suggest watching every marvel universe movie from start to finish, because there is no single shot in all 50 of those movies that is worse than what you just posted.

>they dont post counterclaims
top kek

Was your post an argument?

there has never been a more intriguing, intelligent villain in capeshit than Lex, 100% serious.\

Terrio did a great job with his dialogue.

>implying i posted the webm

>I hate you daddy, I hate you!

That was the character user.

>playing Lex Luthor as the Joker

And? He still had better characterization than the majority of other cape villains in movies. Marvel's villains are an absolute joke.

this

Ah, yes, like this scene, courtesy of cinematic mastermind Joss Whedon

Holy shit you are retarded. Snyder does not fucking write his movies.

>I hate the kryptonian known as superman so much that I'm going to bring back and transform another kryptonian from the dead with no further plan to be able to take out the new one after superman is dead
>I also hate superman for no reason
I don't care about your comic books, hack snyder was way too busy making references to paintings that he completely forgot to add in motivations for Lex's actions.
Yeah, great movie.

this looks like a bad cosplay fight

You dense notherfucker. It wasn't a fucking dismissive or snarky response. It was a multilayered monologue on theology integrated into vernacular discourse, not an easy thing to do. Chris Terrio went to Oxford and Cambridge studying British literature before earning his degree in film school, and has one an academy award for screenwriting. I can guarantee this man is many leagues your smarter than you, than all of us.

The character was OK, the performance He was too over the top, especially at the end in the prison

Could've been more subtle

Really? "Superman is God lol" is Luthor's belief, and Luthor is he antagonist and therefore a conduit for the argument against those of the director, not he own. People think Zack is painting Superman as a messianic figure, when he is doing so just to tear down and refute that perception of him. Do you really think he would communicate his beliefs through the words of the story's main antagonist? Stop mistaking the argument for its rebuttal.

Sup Forums is marvel/reddit. Sup Forums is DC. I thought we went over this/

I don't understand this scene, are we supposed to assume that superman can hear her scream from anywhere in the entire world?

Captain America's mask always looks like shit in these movies