What do you think about crossbows?

what do you think about crossbows?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not good enough

Crossbows sre for faggots guns are for men

not good enough for what?

great for handicapped people that hunt, and for bow hunting all around if your state allows it, other than that it's pretty useless.

>sre

how fat are your fingers?

Unfortunately banned in my country

Need to get used to forward recoil if you've shot firearms.

They look pretty cool.

Comparatively slow compared to firearms and probably normal bows.

If you've got the cash, why not?

Should be banned they are unfitting of the battlefield allowing common peasant's to kill a soldier

Daryl is it U?

Good for low dex builds.

also bows and spears

this scope is good only for spot and stalk hunting. for moving target short range red dot is better and cheaper

Are you talking about "toons" here? Because if you call them that you are a colossal faggot of epic proportions

suicide

give it a whirl and get back to us.

Ineffective against bullet ants
Much slower and less powerful than a semi auto firearm
*Tips fedora* Check out my crossbow!

still enough force to kill a man though

cant buy a gun, my best bet for home defense seems to be a crossbow at this point, though i hope it never comes to that, my family also doesn't believe in owning weapons so i am pretty much their only hope in case of a home invasion.

does anyone have any recommendations on anything in the $1-200 range? saw some pieces on amazon but i dont know enough to know if those are crap or not.

i own a mini pistol crossbow which is alot of fun to shoot, pretty powerful too, 80lb bow puts bolts like half an inch into plywood but am looking for something full-sized now. if i can use it to hunt as well, all the better.

...I wonder if it would be practical to buy or build a chu-ko-no? a repeating crossbow is basically a rifle, right? if i had my pick of anything, i would get one of those.

youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo

my fav in the walking dead. and the sidekick daryl

Liberal faggot

fun toy; if higher end, good for hunting.

So the best thing in the 1$ range is to get into the woods and to FUCK YOURSELF IN THE ASSHOLE.

Absolutely inferior to a good ol fashioned longbow. Come on, OP. Who wouldnt want larger arrows, higher velocity and superior fire rate?

This is my old Barnett Wildcat

seen this before but i can't stop laughing.

Go to chkadels.
They have options for any price range.

Crossbows are superior against tartets with higher defence level

Its not practical to transport and use unless dressed in full chain mail and fighting for the king

lel

If you weren't a fucking retard you would understand that I meant $100-$200.
Also, fucking myself in the ass in the woods would be free.
dont have those here. we have sports authority but everything there is overpriced like fuck, id prefer to purchase online.

I should really just ask this on /k/, not sure why I thought Sup Forums would be helpful.

you are probably underestimating how hard it is to fully draw a longbow. unless you are a medieval soldier who has spent his life training, the rate of fire and accuracy of one isnt coming close to a crossbow.

still cool af though. thinking about just getting a nice recurve instead.

I own a crossbow. It's definitely more than enough to kill someone. It would be very difficult to not bleed to death after being shot by a razorhead bolt fired from a crossbow with a 200lb draw. Allegedly that's more than sufficient to kill a bear, haven't tried.

Don't be a fucking retard.
Use a real bow.

post your real bow please.

home defence in Canada.
at least in my house.

I would use a hunting rifle, but their is more of a "wtf factor" when you see the homeowner walk out with a crossbow.

i thought canada was like texas in terms of gun laws, can't you just get a gun? i'm drunk and maybe misinformed.

Get a huge fucking MACE

no we can own firearms no were near what citizens in Texas can have tho.

i have a couple basic hunting rifle and a hand gun.
and 4 military surplus M1 and a Romanian SKS.

>i have a couple basic hunting rifle and a hand gun.
>and 4 military surplus M1 and a Romanian SKS.

>no were near what citizens in Texas can have tho.

wut?

other than a tank i think you have texas covered there.

underrated

kek, true, but i cant own any automatic weapons, when i buy a AR i have to pull the trigger really fast, you guys just have to hold it down.

thank you.

i don't live in texas, but i think automatic weapons are harder to get in any state.

All longbows aren't the same. I took archery in college as one of my PE electives. When they had us select our bow, there were a shitload to pick from, and we were told to choose one that we could comfortably draw and hold for about 30 seconds or so.

Accuracy is another thing though. Some people in the class (aside from the ones who were experienced bow hunters) seemed to take to it naturally. Others struggled. I started out not doing so great, but by the end of the semester had improved significantly, so it's all about practicing. Like anything else really.

It's something I kind of wish I had of continued to do on my own time, because it was really fun. I've got a lot better physical strength today too. I ended up quitting school, because I realized that I don't know any professional historians, plus some personal problems. Took up a trade instead. I became a machinist as it happens, and it's a job that will fucking build your upper body strength.

Said the first army to face crossbowmen on the field.

>guns are for men
Sit down son and learn to stalk your prey using a recurve

>automatic weapons

Anyone, in any state, can own automatic weapons. The issue is that you have a very small supply of legal weapons, which means they cost $15k+, and you have to go through the pain of taxes/registrations with the ATF, which take a ton of time.

>"wtf factor" when you see the homeowner walk out with a crossbow.

I'd much rather get shot with a firearm than a bow or crossbow. A bullet can stay in there. That arrow/bolt has fucking got to come out, and that aren't really designed for coming back out easily.

On the other hand, I'm sure I'd also look like serious business too to someone staring down the end of the barrel of my favorite rifle that I own.

A semi .22 would be more usefull than a crossbow. You shoot and miss. Then what? Ask the guy to wait while you reload?

Its not a turnbased game...

Saving this for an thread. B& city here i come

mine

Not the same poster but here mine 45# recurve

I think they're pretty bad ass. Hunting isn't my thing, not because I've an aversion to the idea of it but it just never seemed like fun to me. I shoot a recurve now simply because I like shooting. To be more au naturel but keeping with the theme of hunting--as that's what I'd assume you would want this for--I'd get a compound bow. But that's just my two cents. Still lots of respect for a nice crossbow.

This is the only correct answer.

What the fuck are you talking about? That faggot was obviously talking about /tg/ characters.

Yea, well WoW faggots call characters toons, or "my guy," or other such retarded shit like the MMO n00bs they are.