kinda racist since they're not primates themselves

They were great but it's a shame they never made more than 2 albums

Talk about Mudz

First album was pretty good but the final nail in the trip hop coffin
Everything after was either pop garbage or just plain bad

12/10
kys

Appropriating ape culture baka

I fucking love Gorillaz. Demon Days is in my top 10 fav albums, and I have to give extra thanks to this band for helping me get out of my "Rock is the only real music" phase.

>he doesn't like demon days

On Melancholy Hill is the greatest song they've ever made

Nothing will ever get that close to pop perfection like that song did

Are you fucking high? Those posts has nothing to do with different opinions, its just shit and shit ain't opinions.

Yea I didn't like demon days it was kinda boring and was far from an innovative record.

Production on the first 2 albums was god tier

it's apparently trendy to hate them

Don't listen to them much anymore, but I had a Demon Days on CD and played it to death. I remember being really hyped for Plastic beach, and happily surprised with how great it was. Eagerly awaiting their new album
Posting their best song...

youtube.com/watch?v=zT6OeBeWT8g

delete DARE and listen again

have you heard plastic beach?

Demon Days is great, the rest are decent.

did you really feel this way when listening to songs like demon days, and feel good? (although you probably had already heard feel good prior to first listen)

It's a four-chord song (D, A, Bm, G) in 4/4.

It's pretty, but not very clever.

>implying that the amount of chords a song has is the ultimate way to differentiate good and bad music.

Technicality and complexity doesn't automatically make something good

Good but not its fans

hence why the guy said pop perfection

it sounds exactly like a pop song (no complexity, no deep technicalities) but somehow it manages to be ahead of that

Lol dare was one of the only tracks I liked
Plastic beach was a disaster I actually skipped school the day it came out to buy it and was so disappointed
I didnt really develop an opinion towards the album till the third listen, but at that point it was negative. I did hear feel good Inc prior but I felt it was over played over hyped and one of de la souls worst features. I just thought so many better albums came out in 05. But then again I was in 7th grade, but at the time my favourite band was Fugazi (still kinda true) and I thought hip hop was talentless (definitely not true) so I guess I was always a douche

It's not just that the song has four chords, it's the fact that the song has the same four chords as almost every pop ballad ever.

Fair enough. I do like the song. It's beautifully arranged and very dreamy and atmospheric. I just wouldn't call it the greatest pop song ever when songs like Paranoid Android exist.

I'm hoping Phase 4 isn't as much of a disaster as Phase 3 with all of the budget cuts and terrible spending.

meme band

the fact that people in this thread think gorrilaz is good proves that Reddit took over this board

I love plastic beach

why is it that the first main argument as to why people on here think gorillaz is shit is because they're "Reddit tier". That means absolutely nothing.

>le reddit band they're shit they're shit
meme opinions

They're great, but the last single wasn't that good.

Plastic Beach was fucking great though.
>he hasn't been here during the Plastic Beach release hype threads
L O L

I bought s/t for my gf recently

Best blowjob for $7 ever

You got ripped off man, they usually go for $5

Not even the best song on plastic beach

S/T stands up the best out of all of their work, doesn't just do the rap verse to singing chorus structure that is most of Demon Days. The singing over the beats instead of just rapping makes the songs interesting, and Double Bass is fantastic.

Demon Days is pretty good but kinda repetitive on re-listens. D-Sides is better.

Plastic Beach is much better than people give it credit for, but Glitter Freeze is trash. The iTunes tracks are great on that album as well.

The Fall is a good experimental roadtrip at night album, not too interesting otherwise.

i am 15 and i like the gorillaz and pink floyd

nice

objectively true, it's just been overplayed to shit