Small Soldiers

Watched this for the first time. All this time I thought the Commando Elite were the good guys based on the promotional materials.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QATlDp60hV4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DID YOU ORDER THE RODEO BURGER?!

They all look evil as fuck. Only the leader looks remotely neutral and honestly he's got that "emotionless leader willing to do anything to win" vibe about him

I saw it in theatres but when the toys and shit came out I thought the same thing

Hell even after I saw the movie all my burger king toy adventures the cammandoes were ALWAYS the good guys and they wrekt gorgonite ass

Did they do the toys for the movie with stop-animation or what? For a children's movie it has aged pretty good I must say.

they're little plastic men, easy to render with 90s cgi.

Yeah, I just remembered the crazy gorgonite that had the spin move. Still, aged pretty well though being cgi.

I think they used quite a bit of practicals in that.

also, it's hilarious how the CEO bigwig in the movie isn't even really that bad of a guy, he wanted better toys and not to bullshit kids with false promises, yeah the military chips were a bad call, but he actually owned up to it and offered compensation.

They did half and half for the toy effects, them being little plastic robots also helped the effects age fairly well

As a kid, I cried when the Commando Elite lost. I was inconsolable for weeks. Honestly, that was when I became a racist. The filthy subhuman mutants defeating a strong militaristic heavily-white force? Fuck that shit.

I remember watching that movie as a little kid and thought the commandos were the heroes since, well, soldiers are cool, and whatever the monsters were called were the bad guys since, well, monsters are the bad guys.

They were.

>The filthy subhuman mutants defeating a strong militaristic heavily-white force? Fuck that shit.

Well to be fair Chip Hazard was betrayed by the very people he was trying to protect, he straight up beat Archer in a 1v1.

>your face when Chip Hazard was a proto-Colonel Quaritch

Soldier, their memories will live on.

They are the good guys though

wtf i hate soldiers now!

>It's a 'Joe Dante remakes Gremlins using action figures' episode

The ending to this movie is literally the ending to Transformers (2007)

who else popped a boner during the mutilated barbie scene?

ITT essential /toykino/?

Fuck you're actually right.

>evil robot has good robot on the ropes
>human MC zaps the fuck out of the evil robot killing him

>mfw that gay as fuck hippy green guy

Main kid's dad is played by the same guy that played Shia's dad too

HOLY SHIT

>monsters are afraid to fight
>they finally fight
>They're OP as fuck

>WE'VE MET THE ENEMY, AND THEY ARE LARGE
classic

>that scene with the franken-barbies and they're all wearing s&m shit

MINE'S GIZMO

youtube.com/watch?v=QATlDp60hV4
Never knew Stan Winston's Creature Shop made the animatronic versions of the toys

Yes, plus qt 16yo K-Dunst

Lol I have never seen a better text accompanyment for that pic before well done fair user well done

The whole film is a metaphor for the Vietnam war