Bowie Thread

Post your favorite song, album, and favorite underrated song

Looking for opinions on Tonight. Supposedly the consensus is that its trash, but I'm personally a fan of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OOaqDEjxQAU
dreamscopeapp.com/u/Drako0309
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What songs do you like from it? I personally think it's trash with a few hidden gems

The 12" mixes are a lot better than the actual album versions

H e l l o H e r b i e

best album is either low or heroes
best underrated track is stars are out tonight, or lady grinning soul... (at least on Sup Forums cos i never hear people talking about them)

never listened to tonight due to all the hate it got

Loving The Alien

youtube.com/watch?v=OOaqDEjxQAU

best bowie song is Teenage Wildlife. Great song, but also a really interesting reflection on his fame and where his career would go.

Tonight is better than Let's Dance and most his albums after.

How do I get into Bowie? I love space oddity but haven't listened to much else.

Chronologically starting with Hunky Dory.

Underrated as shit and reggae-y as fuck.

Gonna post my rankings so I get shit/replies for it.

Nigga I didn't make this thread.

Is this where I say what I like is objective?

Holy shit, Earthling never gets the love it deserves. I don't necessarily agree with all of those choices (The Next Day should be way higher imo, at least higher than Let's Dance) but I never see anyone say they like Earthling.

you know, as much as I love Bowie, the man was not good at choosing album covers.

I fucking LOVE earthing, my man. Dance to that shit all the time. Dead Man Walking's in my top 10.

I've actually been combining his album covers on dreamscope and getting some pretty good results.

>I've actually been combining his album covers on dreamscope and getting some pretty good results.
You mind sharing?

The series isn't all the way done. (I've been doing it by series, so far I've completed S/T X every album, along with Space Oddity, TMWSTW, Hunky, and Ziggy). I'm starting the Aladdin Sane one. I'll share some of my favorites so far. Give me one moment.

S/T X Low.

s/t X Scary Monsters

nice, looks good :)

Space Oddity X Tonight

Space Oddity X Reality

TMWSTW X Let's Dance.

Hunky Dory X Low

This'll be the last one I post on here.

Ziggy X TMSWTW

All the others can be found on my account.
dreamscopeapp.com/u/Drako0309

Honestly, I get why he and others would hate on Tonight. That said, it did have some gems.

I like the cover of Neighborhood Threat on there. It isn't too bad, I think the original is better, but it has some really great moments and adapts it well as a pop song. Plus, it's Bowie singing Neighborhood Threat, so it has that going for it.

how the fuck did I manage to post in a Bowie thread and not post a picture

I'd post a rarer one but I'm pretty sure this was Tonight era so here we go

not OP but Loving The Alien is obviously the best song on that album. Bowie's cover (although technically not a cover) of neighborhood threat kinda sucks.

Iggy Pop's version of Neighborhood Threat and Tonight are IMMENSELY better than Bowie's