I'm gonna be meeting with my estranged son next week for the holidays. Any tips on what I can do to fix things with him?

I'm gonna be meeting with my estranged son next week for the holidays. Any tips on what I can do to fix things with him?

What happened?

describe in detail the night he was incepted

Appear in the news for killing him and his mother.

Fuck him. Get him on some Freud shit.

I hired my son to work for me about three years ago. Nine months in, he got into a dispute with another employee, and quit when I took the other guy's side. It later turned out my son was right, and I fired the other guy. However, my son had long since moved to another job in a different city. He hasn't spoken to me in about two years.

You had this same thread the other night.

Man, you fucked up large. I'm sorry but things will never be the same.

Then again, I hold grudges. I haven't spoken with my parents in more than 5 years.

Yes, I did make this thread a few days ago. I'm sorry if it seems repetitive, but I've just been really fixated on trying to make things better.

your a fucking dick you ass hole. If you are in charge of hiring people you shouldn't have to pick sides or play principal. Should of fired them both instead you are a horrible hiring manager.

maybe suck his dick.
works for some people.

My asshole father came to try to visit me a few months ago.
Kicked his ass out.
Died 3 days later.
No regrets, I'm happy he died knowing I hate him.

He was not a good person.

I get it. I just don't have any good advice for ya, man, I'm sorry. All you can do is tell him you were wrong, but things will never be the same.

Much more severe, but my dad and I got into a fistfight at a wedding and our relationship never recovered.

RAAAAAAAAPPPPPPE, HIS ASS!!
Then greentext and post pics/videos with time stamped!
This works every time.

Just be nice. have a beer with him. offer him a job back if he wants.

say you are glad to see him. ask him how he is doing and listen a lot.

if he blows you off, that is ok. you are supposed to be a stable place for him. you are an example for how he should live his own life.

You apologized to him right? If so, then focus on saying how glad you are to see him.

That is what I would want if my dad had stabbed me in the back.

Daddy beat that ass huh? Thats why you cant forgive him? Sore loser? All bait aside what started the fight?

Just listen

Look you did the right thing, he rage quit. turns out you made a mistake.. so you apologize(d), made the offer - and he doesn't accept. Well, that is ok. shit happens.

everyone makes mistakes - the question is how you handle those mistakes. what would you do differently after he quit?

sounds like a whiny little bitch really.
i mean, was there something between you before that happened?
you don't just stop talking to your father for two years for a shitty stupid reason like that.

kids do worse all the time. shit my sister fucking hates my dad, but still takes his money, and shits all over him 24-7. don't get me wrong, my dad is a fucking asshole, but yeah.

relationships don't make sense, and kids do fucked up things.

best you can do is be there as some support, fix your mistakes when you find them, and after that they choose their own path.

I put him down but so barely.

Long story. We never got along, I was 19 and drinking, they invited an ex girlfriend to try and rematch us when they had no clue (she cheated). He was drinking, we argued, he accused me of being on drugs in front of family members which to this day I don't even smoke weed... escalated and we fought.

>gets angry when dad says he is on drugs
>is shitfaced at a wedding

you sound like a great guy lol

Buy him shit if hes young if hes older talk to him tell him you fucked up ( even if you dont belive you did ) and just try to keep it real

As a father who cannot see his son anymore (he put a bullet through his head), I would suggest that you just tell him that you love him.
Take the conversation from there. Use kid gloves, user.
You've got one shot at this.

Seems like good intentions gone astray? Im sure if he knew she cheated he wouldnt have invited her but then again people should get involved in others love life. Sucks you guys never got along

He said his dad was drinking not him

>As a father who cannot see his son anymore (he put a bullet through his head)
i did not want to feel when i came here tonight

Whats it like to have a dad?

Tell him that was the test, and he failed.

I'm actually pretty awesome. Wasn't the one that was shitfaced.

Sure. We talked and stuff but never recovered. Then about five years ago my mom and I had a falling out and he hasn't so much reached out to me at all, although I send cards on father's day and his birthday.

Just be honest man. "I was wrong. I was wrong and my ego got in the way of the truth. This is the information I was given, these are the conclusions that I drew. I'd like to buy you a beer and work on the fuck up. I can't offer more than that."

But dont be a bitch OP, if you start subservient he may just abuse it and your guilt will run the new relationship. Just admit you fucked up and call it a day. The ball is in his court and neither of you are holding anything over the other. Now fuck off so I can go back to being disappointed by Sup Forums

So i have to ask. What happened between you and your mom?

suck his dick

Nigger detected.

Spout plenty of dank memes. It's the only way to relate to them these days.

Not black lol. Puerto rican/polish

I wish my dad would give me this for christmas

give him a new iphone

An even longer story. She ... needs mental help but refuses anything. I've tried to convince her, doctors, dad, nobody will go along. She gets ... manic, violent. I'm just done. I ha e no legal ability to help, no outside assistance, so I'm done getting abused.

I know she has problems becauee I inherited them, but I'm on meds.

You guys are making me sad with these stories

Just be stright up with him look I'm sorry I was a piece of shit that never took time on you an never wanted a relationship with you I fucked up an I'm a terrrible person I want a relationship with my son now can you ever forgive my faggettry?

Sorry about that, user. I assumed that you were of the Negroid persuasion due to what you posted.

You don't have to. I have come to a restless peace with what happened.
Be well, user.

Cant you have her forcefully admitted if u prove shes a danger to herself/people around her?
Lol luckily im not.

Not according to the two doctors I spoke to. Would need husband to do it. It's hard to do in Canada.

>not having the back of your own son
You dont really love your family dont you?