Best western

Sup Forums, whats your favorite western-movie and why?

Cowboys vs. Ayy lmao

I'm split with For a Few Dollars More the Good Bad and the Ugly. Eastwood and Van Cleef were great in FaFDM but Tuco was also great in the other.

i think dollars is better than Ugly.

Once Upon A Time In The West, as it was Leone's most mature western, more artistically acomplished than his previous ones, and with perfect directing, soundtrack, cinematography, acting and plot. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly is a close second, though.

TGTBTU easily. Best story, best soundtrack, and it radiates gunslinger masculinity and confidence. I do wish Gian Maria Volontè were in it. It also has pretty good emotional content, but I'll give the nod to Few Dollars More for that.

Ford's westerns.

Leone a shiiiiiiiiieeet

So what's the best european political/Zapata western?
According to wikipedia the plot of those kind of westerns are supposed to be left wing/marxist.

cowboy and alien

Stayed at one that had a pool once, no complaints here.

heh.

Duck, You Sucker

I watched The Magnificent Seven and all of its sequels recently. I must say that 1 > 3 > 4 > 2

I usually tell everyone my favorite is TGTBATU, but it's actually For a Few Dollars More. Eastwood and Van Cleef's chemistry is fuckin 10/10. Close second for me is The Assassination of Jesse James

I fell asleep twice in the same Assassination showing. I love slow westerns, one of my favorites is The Salvation with Mikkelsen, but jesus fucking christ Assassination was boring shit.

You shut your goddamn mouth, Assassination is wonderful.

Any love for the outlaw josie wales?

>Better plot
>Better cinematography
>More comfy

>I fell asleep
>during a film
All I hear when people say shit like this is "look at me and my short attention span. More explosions and tits, please."

temped to watch good bad ugly
those dollar trilogy is better than this one?

good bad ugly is the third film in the dollars trilogy

I can sit through 6 fucking hours of The Wire without a fucking piss break but if the story just isn't engaging at all, the movie constantly loses itself in scenery shots and endless conversations with more staring shots than even Leone could handle i'm going to fall asleep. And that's coming from someone who thinks Thin Red Line is better than Private Ryan by a lot.

Should I watch first and second one

yes. But definately a few dollars more and good bad ugly

just watched Major Dundee today. kind of fell apart during the second half, all the issues with the production definitely took its toll. still a great movie though.

i havent seen many westerns though so i would also go with TGTBTU. There Will Be Blood is close though, if that counts. El Topo too.

And which should i watch next, Keoma or The Great Silence?

Great Silence

THEN

Keoma