Have you ever quitted smoking? Give a guy who's fed up with cigarettes some good advices

Have you ever quitted smoking? Give a guy who's fed up with cigarettes some good advices

cold turkey is the only way.

/Thread

>cold turkey is the only way.

Cold brains marinated in your own urine is another

I'd stop smoking tbh mane

4 years free, I can have the occasional smoke at a party and it doesn't grip me anymore. Don't look for easy ways out, don't look to transfer your addition or whatever, just stop smoking, there's no trick to it. Good luck mane

i used a vape pen and refused to take even one drag although it cost like $120usd it was well worth it. After about 3-4 months of only vaping and gradually working myself down on nicotine percentage, i stopped using the vape pen never looked back. In hind site it was pretty easy but you will never stop craving cigs.

Yes. You just have to find a real reason to quit. Something that isn't going to change over time like your financial status or concerns about your health. For me, initially it was that I wanted to lose weight and it seemed stupid to go exercise every day and keep smoking. Also when I'd see people that smoked, 99% of them seemed like losers and I didn't want to be one of them. To start, get sick so that smoking is a pain and stay away from smokers. Good luck. Also, it gets way WAAAAAAAAAAAY easier after a few months as long as you stay away from smokers.

this is true if you drink sometimes you can breakdown and smoke a cig but you are definitely playing with fire when you do so.

Bought a vape and immediately quit smoking cigs. This was after ~6 years of smoking cigs. Up to 1.5 packs a day.

it really is.

there are two steps to doing anything.
1.say you will
2.mean it

1. Go to college and get a degree in gene splicing.

2. Create a designer virus/bacteria/fungus (or all 3) that kills tobacco plants.

3. release it into the environment.

4. Wait.

sauce?

must say with all the cancer and bullshit on Sup Forums its pretty badass to see a buncha people come together to offer serious advice to someone wanting to quit cigs. Surprised there is any topic capable of bringing the community together like this.

Stopped for 2 months now, and have been smokin sigs for like 10+ years.

I tried a douche flute (vape) and bought one and been smokin that shit for 2 weeks and quited smokin. Why did it help?

Well you look like a faggot.
I only sucked on that thing 6 times a day then 4 times a day then 2 times then i thought fuck this shit and went back to a normal sig and my lungs acted like i was in a forest fire. After that I thought fuck this i quit.

After 2 weeks I was angry as fuck! Cus of not having nicotine and had lots of roadrages. I work as a delivering man.

Become more fat cus I ate alot now.

And almost broke up with my gf cus she grinds my gears 2 times as hard cus Im exploding 5 times as fast.

But hey after 5 or 10 years I got clean lungs!

You just need to change your mindset and realy want to stop smokin or it wont help. Especialy if you were/are a heavy smoker.

just grow some balls and quit, you will think you need it, but you don't. Hang on, and eventually you will be clean. Be strong, be a man.

>She grinds my gears 2 times as hard
>I explode 5 times as fast

I kek'd

I quit 2 years ago or so.

Patches don't work. Pills don't work.

Best method for me was the lozenges; put them up by your gums like you would a dip and don't fuck with it, and it will last a couple of hours before disintegrating. Quit successfully.;

This summer started chewing. God damnit.

Switch to dip. It's a fucking million lightyears safer. Snus is even safer than dip. Look up Dr. Brad Rodu's research on smokeless tobacco harm reduction and watch the video on YouTube "how smokeless tobacco can save your life." Dipping is also much cheaper and can be done discreetly. Best of luck on your quit.

Pick up a hobby, start running, Get really into dead in the dirt and disrupt.

I haven't quit, really want to but I'm too scared.

People rave about this book by Allen Carr, like if you read it you'll immediately stop smoking. I started reading it and it really does get under your skin in a powerful way, I stopped reading it and decided to really read it when I'm "ready to quit." Obviously that's dumb logic but I am a weak piece of shit. Good luck op.

If you ever get really sick one day where you're bed ridden for a couple days and don't smoke.. Just keep going from there.

Or just... stop. Smoking slowly till the habit goes away is what I did.

I quit by vaping. Started with 24 my ejuice and worked my way down to 0 my over a year. I've had 3-4 cigarettes over the last year in social situations and haven't had an urge to smoke at all.

quit using vapes too its fucking easy but i only smoked for 5 years

I quit when I started dipping. Don't do that though or RIP your teeth.

There's a drug on the market called Champix.

If your're dedicated and take it as per instructions, by the tenth pill, you'll vomit at the sent of a cig

Read Allen Carr's book. Twice.
Cold turkey.
No patches, no vaping, no gum.
Just do it. If you're sick of smoking, it's pretty easy. Chug water and do exercise.

source: I smoked for 15 years and I've been quit for 6.

>last week on My First Week On The Internet

it's called chantix, but yes it does work.

it makes cigarettes taste like hot garbage

i quit for 3 years then started back up again. Fucking worse mistake ever. I work EMS and just had a really fucked up day. Thats all it took.

search and destroy every speck opt tobacco in your house- also every lighter and ashtray, Don't tell anybody, - and don't lie. to yourself

Make a calendar--cross out each day you succeed, not smoking.
Day 10 you will feel cocky and can handle ONE smoke- don't do it and watch for the 10th day approaching ..

note what advantages you feel as they appear- return of sense of smell and taste.. headaches,, tobacco is a laxative so watch constipation. Also breath deep several times a day band remind yourself this is a serious quest not some minor fad

before you get out opt bed and before you drift off to sleep reaffirm that you have not smoked that day and will not the next.This is praying- to either God or yourself - too be real, We never lie to ourselves, just to other people, so make this a personal private thing..

after two weeks do something nice for yourself
my self gift was a nice diggie camera- I figured out what my annual tobacco bill was and happily spent that money on a camera--

its a private thing.. don;t lake deals with anybody or do it for them.. this is great time to become selfish and overthrow a tyrant and stop on its face .. ir can be done,, take a delight in crossing off every day you didm;'t smoke until you forget to do it.. By then you will have new habits overwritten the smoking habit... avoid shame and regret by not smoking. A month of shame free living is wonderful.

l;auth when you cough up rotten rubber bands in a week.. delight in every hoarded up wad of filth... spit it in a kleenex and look at it-- thats your magical body working for you..

This really is the way to do it. No one the other methods like patches, gum, or vaping really work that well and just end up drawing out the process. If you wanna quit just quit and be done with it.

It worked for me. I threw my last pack in the trash and just stopped right then and there. It will be rough for a while to adjust to not smoking but it can be done.

fuck off, newfag

>quitted