Been trying to get feedback on this song I made today. It's the first beat I even tried to make in a month...

Been trying to get feedback on this song I made today. It's the first beat I even tried to make in a month, so I'm a little hesitant.

This will probably get buried but any thoughts?

youtube.com/watch?v=jQyzWbwfxf0

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/official-king-death
soundcloud.com/rudzupuke/dia-de-muertos-just-keep-dancing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I actually really like this

That is not the reaction I usually get lmao wow oh jeez thank u user

I liked it too. It sounds like you're running some older mixing software, or is that intentional? I wasn't big on your snare sound to be honest, a little to 90's sega genesis for me. Honest criticism. It has a lot of potential though, overall not bad user.
Your choice of video was cool too.
bump

I actually use Reason 9 but I'm not a drummer and programming drums and recording drums is my biggest uhm... musical phobia.

It's something I'll probably get better at with time, but sometimes I sit down and the anxiety of having to do the drum track makes me not want to make anything at all. That's why I haven't made a track in a month DESU

It's actually kind of embarassing.

it's not bad but it's not great

I'll take it, I've only been making beats since December so not bad is good enough for me

I figure I'll post a bump or two and then head to bed. More than satisfied with the positive responses so far

Don't be scared to try new things. Especially with music. Also stay positive and have fun!
Fun is the most important thing, even more than talent.
Example, look up a guy named David Lee Roth

Did you just lowkey say David Lee Roth has no talent? Lmao

No, He's just more fun than talent, still talented. Even the most die hard VH fan would probably agree with that. It's kind of one of his endearing qualities.

There is truth to what you say. Sometimes I get so caught up in trying to make things sound good it ends up not being very fun.

Gotta relax, and in the words of the late great Austin Powers, find my mojo, baby.

It's good mate I liked it, but you should clean up your mix a bit, sounds a bit muddy. I liked the snare, what did you used to make it sound like that? Is it a sample or a snare through a bitcrusher?

Good ear my friend, it's being pumped through Decimort 2 bitcrusher but I don't recall what setting it's on I'd have to look.

And yeah the mixing could be better, but I'm not really sure how to fix it.

I've wanted to try sidechaining for a while but for some reason I just can't grasp how to do it in my DAW.

I've had people explain it to me legit like 5 times and I'm still slackjaw like im short a chromosome

One last bumperino, neighberino

Bumping for user, he seemed to really want people to hear this. Not bad electronic, give the fucker some honest feedback.

p. cool
i'm digging it

This thread is still alive? Well that's a surprise I've been playing video games lmao

The response has been great, including yours! Makes me want to make more and I've got some ideas rattling around...

soundcloud.com/official-king-death
anybody wanna give me feedback on my entire page except for the first two things I made ?

>soundcloud.com/official-king-death

Sure, while I'm still awake.

Great mixing. I love the song ACE. That melody is haunting, in a good way. Would go more in depth but its like 3 am here boyo.

Good shit though, I really enjoyed it.

thanks man
also 3 here

All your songs are great, but I'm sure you know that already. Would be fun to try and rap over some of them, but I am not a rapper.

Well I dabble, but it's only for fun. Not good enough to do those tracks justice. Keep it up, I really like your stuff. Maybe one day we can work together if you don't mind working with a noob.

If you wanna collab just DM me
I cant promise any good results
soundcloud.com/rudzupuke/dia-de-muertos-just-keep-dancing
made the drums on this track
and it was only ok

You should put an EQ in every instrument and take out all unwanted frequencies and just leave the frequencies each instrument uses. for example, for a hi hat, you can leave only the frequencies from 1 Hz to 12 KHz, removing the lower frequencies because the hi-hat don't really use them and they just muddy up the mix. The reverse for the kicks; leave the lower frequencies and take out to higher ones (you can cut from 14 KHz upwards, because the kick needs to have a "pump", if you understand me) You can look up EQ tutorials on YouTube. I can help you with the sidechain if you're using FL Studio.