>it's 3 AM
>see guy riding a bike on side of road
>again, it's 3 (three) AM
>everyone in car looks at him
>"que the fuck is he doing"
>all of a sudden he disappears
>there's no way he could've gone anywhere else without being visible
>commence shittingpants.jpg

I don't believe in ghosts myself, but that experience was really something I couldn't ever have explained. There were no villages or any sort of civilization for miles where we were, and considering how the desert was, no way he could've just disappeared like that.

One time I took a big dump and when I got up to flush it was gone, spooked me proper.

I work at a store that most of us believe is haunted. The coolers pop open on their own, things fall off shelves, voices can be heard. Usually boring stuff.

One night around 3am I clearly saw a young guy in the store. I waited at the register for him to come up, but when he didn't I went looking. He wasn't there. I could see both exists from where I was.

I told some people the story a few weeks later and one woman pretty much burst into tears, then showed me a picture on her phone. The guy in the picture looked remarkably like the guy I saw, glasses and everything; he worked at the store for two years before he killed himself by jumping in front of a train.

Chills, bro

Now that's what I call spoopy

So much for sleeping tonight. Why do I read these threads before bed?

why is it that only people who believe in ghosts are the only people who see ghosts?

>be me
>dont believe in ghosts, spirits, god, unicorns
>never see ghosts

Several. You have to understand what a ghost is. The reason there will never be empirical, scientific evidence of the supernatural is that ghosts are not "out there," they're *in here*. Ghosts, gods, demons, angels, devils, spirits, and so forth all exist as archetypal personality types in the collective unconscious, from which we manufacture our own conscious identity.

I'm a Jungian mystic and a professional tarot reader. I spend a lot of time lucid dreaming and doing active imagination exercises. Once you know how to look inside and recognize the illusion of self, encountering ghosts is a pretty regular occurance.

kek'd

This is me. The reason you've never seen a ghost is because it requires strong suggestion. A ghost is not a "supernatural" entity, it's an archetype, a personality matrix which exists inside your own brain as a pattern built into its structure. If you're genuinely interested in seeing a ghost, I can teach you a simple active imagination exercise which will allow you to see one.

Ghosts aren't real. Only a sissy little bitch would think that.

>Be Me
>Moved Into New Apartment
>I would see shadows move when I showered, from under neath door
> Whenever I slept alone i would get these small seizures
> I think ghost was attacking me
> had a dream where ghost attacked me from corner of closet
> I don't remember falling a sleep at all after waking up
> Might of not been a dream
> I moved
> Haven't had seizures since i moved
> Glad I MOVED
> Ghost was raping me i swear

Okay so a bit of back story. I've been hanging out with a new friend and over time he told me that he had a ghost that would only open his bedroom door, got it? Good

>Halloween hanging with friends
>first time drinking
>they all leave the room leavin me alone
>door slowly creeks open
>"Oh haha very funny guys"
>Door violently starts opening and closing fully
>friends run in "WTF user"
>me crying under blanket

tell me what my destiny is, ghost man.

>Jungian mystic
Is there books or stuff on this topic?? How does one become a Jungian mystic?

Im a bungholian mystic

First, it's important to understand what mysticism is. In the Aristotlian model there are three ways of obtaining knowledge: empiricism, rationalism, and revelation. The application of pure empiricism is science, the application of pure rationalism is philosophy, and the application of pure revelation is mysticism. Mysticism, then, involves the use of internal, non-conscious cognition to achieve understanding without the external senses or conscious logical thought processes.

If you're genuinely interested in understanding Jungian mysticism -- obtaining knowledge through pure insight -- then I suggest starting with Jung's _Man and his Symbols_. Then try Joseph Campbell's _Hero with a Thousand Faces_ and Julian Jaynes' _Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind_. The latter book, incidentally, is the inspiration for Westworld.

Tarot doesn't tell the future. When I do a tarot reading, what I'm really doing is reading the body language of the querent in order to determine how they're reacting to the cards, essentially feeding back to the person exactly what they're telling me. When phony psychics do this it's called "cold reading," but psychiatrists use it too as part of therapy, and it's called "reflection."

Tarot, then, is extremely useful for digging below the surface and figuring out what's going on below the level of conscious awareness. I make it a point to explain all of this to querents before I do a reading.

All the time. I've been dead for a few years. Thanks to the internet and working at home, I am living pretty much a normal life. Delivery guy gets creeped out how he never sees anyone when he drops stuff of in my house.

Very interesting stuff user. What's your "trick" to get into that mindset?

ghost poop is real

I drop into a light trance when I do readings. The amount of data I need to process very quickly -- word choice, eye movements, body language, etc. -- is way beyond anything I'm capable of consciously. I allow my subconscious to do the reading and directly control my voice. I'm as surprised as the querent at what comes out of my mouth.

Actually, I was doing a reading in a bar once for a drunk girl who assumed I was a phony and just wanted a fun "you will meet a tall, dark stramger and go on a trip overseas" reading. It was clear, however, she was going through a hard time in her life because the reading kept going to very dark places. She was in tears and kept telling me to stop, but my subconscious was in the driver's seat and wasn't going to stop until it had finished. She ended up bribing me $50 to *not* finish the reading.

That's some very powerful stuff. How did you get into tarot and psychology? I'm genuinely interested in knowing more about it.

I was watching a Jordan Peterson lecture just now. He quoted the same books, Julian Jaynes, Jung etc. Interesting coincidence.

kek

You probably ran him over

It actually came about because my own inability to connect to my subconscious. I've always used my intellect as a shield to protect me from myself and my emotions. Over the years it became habit until I could no longer feel anything consciously. I could tell that there were emotions going on somewhere, but they felt alien and separate from my personal identity. Eventually my subconscious grew to hate me, and started sabotaging me, giving me bouts of severe depression, throwing me down stairs, and so on.

Out of sheer desperation, I began doing lucid dreaming. I've always had very powerful dreams, complete with plotlines and interesting stories, so lucid dreaming felt natural to me. At first my dreams were terrible and terrifying until Christina Applegate started showing up. I realized eventually that she was the Anima, my own female, emotional nature, and was there to act as my dream guide, helping me negotiate a peace with my subconscious and help me process all the pent-up emotional baggage I'd been carrying. (Incidentally, this means Christina Applegate is literally a god to me; my subconscious regards her as the most perfect manifestation of the female.)

Through this work, I began to connect strongly to my subconscious, and to trust it. I now feel comfortable handing over the keys to my subconscious mind and allowing it to drive me around.

Not going to green text because I'm too fucking lazy

I lived in a split level house and my room was downstairs. There were two living rooms 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms and 1 and a half kitchens as In a wet bar downstairs, anyways I'm probably 12. I'm home alone and watching the tube upstairs. I hear something in the kitchen so I go to investigate. As I walk in the light goes off and I swear to god I heard something run down stairs and close a bedroom door. I spend rest of night on the couch scared shitless until my parents get home.

Idk wtf that was but I know it wasn't just my imagination

I have a couple more stories if anyone is interested

And if, in recognizing the illusion of self, one sees that belief in ghosts and the occult is idiocy, how should one proceed?

That's not a coincidence, it's synchronicity. You should always pay attention to synchronicity because it's your subconscious mind's attempt to draw your conscious awareness to something important which you haven't yet consciously recognized.

If you find that material interesting, you might also get something from Sir Roger Penrose's _Shadows of the Mind_ and _The Emperor's New Mind_, Sigmund Freud's _Interpretation of Dreams_, Ouspensky's _Fourth Way_, and Arthur Schopenhauer's _The World as Will and Representation.

Thank you dear user. I did LSD a few weeks ago. Showed me a lot. I'm still trying to convert that experience into a creative force.

This reads like someone who read a lot of bullshit during a psychedelicly influenced formative period.

>be me
>wage slave fagg
>trying to sleep because work in morning
>keep hearing a faint voice
>tell me run user get out user
>yell at it
>shut the fuck up I'm trying to sleep you fucking nigger faggot!
>hear voice say sorry
>never hear voice again after that

Not sure that constitutes a story.

You mention Ouspensky. I'm actually doing a thesis on Daumal, a writer, and follower of Gurdjieff.

Would you like to have an encounter with a ghost, user? I can teach you a very simple active imagination exercise to allow you to connect to your subconscious. In fact, there have been a number of psych studies in suggestion which show that the more resistant a person believes her- or himself to be to suggestion, the more suggestible they're likely to be. I predict that your suggestibility is quite high, it and it should be easy to get you into a light trance so that we can free the archetypal personalities inside you to come out and play.

Define "bullshit." I'm guessing to you it means, "Anything which would make Richard Dawkins cross." Empiricism is only one of the three ways of obtaining knowledge user. Knowledge of all three is necessary for holistic understanding of the Universe and ourselves.

probably your dead uncle.

A ghost lives in my house. Doors open and close at night, and the toilet flushes by itself. I hear tapping noises sometimes too but it doesn't feel malevolent.

They just started construction added another part of the building which is why I think it started.

I'd like to know the exercise.

Genuine question: If you have never had a supernatural experience that can't be explained in at least one practical manner and have read enough material on the way the mind works, can you ever truly believe in ghosts?

As far as I can see, Scrooge explained away ghosts as good as anyone. If you have a profound experience that is entirely constrained by your own perspective - regardless of whether you believe that allows something to be real, as it does - that experience is still entirely your own, and not apart of a collective unconscious. Just because many people see or hear the same things when their faculties give way doesn't mean there is some link between them; it only means that these are normal humans with brains formed via similar experiences. Someone in this thread talks about using intellect to avoid this sort of thinking, but it seems to me that he just found another angle of intellect that allowed room for his lack of emotional control.

Gurdjeff and Ouspensky are part of the link between esotericism and the existentialist mysticism and philosophy which became psychology. It's why the 19th century was so interesting in terms of the occult; the nascent school of psychology was starting to provide a new interpretive model for understanding shamanic and mystic phenomena which would begin to link all three modes of understanding -- empiricism, rationalism, and revelation -- into a single theory-of-everything (which is starting to emerge with quantum mechanics).

>Cue mexican anthem
youtube.com/watch?v=x47NYUbtYb0

I've read Jung and Campbell. I've tried hypnosis and inducing trances, neither of which worked. Feel free to write out your exercise. I have a lot of free time and would try it one day.

Okay, get a hat. It doesn't matter what it is, as long as you can afford to destroy it if you have to. Say out loud, "When I put on this hat, I am no longer me. When I take the hat off, I am me again."

It's important that you do this out loud. This is called "priming," and causes material related to what you're talking about to move closer to your conscious awareness. You should also dim the lights and light candles and incense if you have them, not because they have magic powers but because they create an ambience which helps induce suggestibility, which is the goal.

Now put the hat on and start babbling. Just make nonsense baby-noises without thinking about it. This is very important. Don't think consciously about making those sounds, just babble. If you can keep this up long enough, you'll notice the nonsense start to form coherent words, then the words will begin to assemble into sentences, and eventually there will be a voice coming out of your mouth which is not your conscious self, and which will address you directly. To ask questions, just take the hat off and speak to it.

This experiment is reasonably safe. The reason we use the hat is to set up a suggestion for making the voice go away. The voice may be friendly, mischievious, or outright hostile and angry. If at any time you feel freaked out, just take off the hat and it will stop. If you feel really anxious, you can burn or otherwise destroy the hat.

Just bear in mind that the "spirit" you're talking to is already inside your head. It's ALWAYS been there, and is part of the sort of basic alphabet you use to assemble your own personality. It is much stronger (and simpler) than your own, so treat it with respect and caution.

Alright, I'll try it tonight. Thanks user, you've been great

Too much suggestion in this post. This entire exercise is outright tainted because of the way you've written it out. May or may not have been your intent, but there's no way I or anyone else can do this in an uninfluenced manner after reading your description of it.

My pleasure. And be safe. These exercises were developed by Jung through study of shamanic traditions, and he warns that they can be dangerous, particularly to people without a strongly grounded sense of personal identity. These personality archetypes are very, very strong and can be highly useful. They have access to a lot more of your mental machinery than you do, so they understand things better than your conscious mind does. They can be so useful, in fact, that the temptation is to return to them again and again, at which point you risk losing your own identity in them -- something which is referred to as "demonic possession."

That's the whole point. You're TRYING to induce suggestibility. None of this has anything to do with the supernatural; it's all applied psychology. As such, it suggestion is the key which unlocks the operating system of the human mind. I'm teaching you how to hack your own brain which, as far as I'm concerned, is a lot more amazing than anything supernatural.

Shit, then we're in agreement and will learn nothing from further communication.

Yes, I see. I just want to learn. I feel that I'm really close to a revelation. I've been researching a lot for a few years.

If you want a piece of advice, stop researching. The irony of enlightenment is that it's denied to anyone with desire -- and that includes desire for enlightenment. You need to cultivate inner serenity and patience. If you can learn stillness, the Universe will offer itself to you freely. You need faith that what you need will be given to you. Stop searching; the harder you search, the more hidden the truth becomes.

Yes, I feel that it's easier to get lost that way. But somehow I don't even desire enlightenment. I do feel that it could be a sort of burning key, a Pandora's box. But something just drives me to it...

Doesn't work like that. The experiences we have had were relatively mild, but always consistent with whoever else was in the house. Its honestly something you won't believe in until it happens, but like many things, you can only increase the likeliness, you can't force the occurrence.

>I'm a Jungian mystic and a professional tarot reader. I spend a lot of time lucid dreaming and doing active imagination exercises

You just lost me on all of those you hallucinating schizophrenic succubi worshipping cunt.

More stories. I personally don't have any.

Teach me the ways of the skeleton.

gonna keep it short
>lease shitty house to grow tomatos in
>raking the yard late at night
>im there alone
>using this old rake from the garage
>all the sudden feel very cold
>hear wispers from the front porch couldnt make it out what he was saying
>go inside
>theres a wooden chair just sitting in the middle of the empty living room right in front of the huge window
>get spooked the fuck out, turn on lights, lock up, head home.
after leaving the house, the owners brother told me around 5 deaths have happened in that house. one in particular caught my attention. This one guy used to live there who hung himself in the bathroom. before he died this guy was known for being outside almost every day working on his lawn, always raking it. dude loves his front yard, he was also known for sitting in his chair and looking out the window all the time before killing himself. i instantly got chills after hearing the story about this man who used to live in this house, i think i was using his rake. i think it was a cursed rake

> Cursed rake
Kek cmon man

I believe in ghosts but haven't seen one.

i was being sarcastic lmfao

The legend of the cursed rake boys

I've had multiple encounters, same spirit.

>be me
>middle school age
>at the same beach house my grandparents would get every summer
>stop going to the beach with the fam and just read books and shit in the living room
>after half hour or so, would start hearing noises from the kitchen which was attached to the living room, but on the far end so I couldn't see into it from where I was sitting
>noises would be like an old person shuffling across the floor, or sometimes a chair would scrape the tiles
>would check on the kitchen after a few minutes of these noises
>half the time, one chair would actually be noticeably moved out
>fuckthis.jpg
>would head out and walk around town until my family got back
>sometimes wouldn't even get up but the slow shuffling would come towards the living room
>shuffling stops at archway into living room
>look up, see nothing
>fuckthisevenharder.png

The couch had a pull out bed and I was sometimes required to sleep on it due to the sleeping arrangements on any particular night (extended family came and went over the course of my grandparents' month long rental).

Was never able to sleep because I would still hear the fucking shuffling.

I used to live in this old house when I was about 7 or 8. We moved around a lot and this house was really cheap. Which was weird because it was huge and had an upstairs level. Anyway i hated living there and never wanted to be alone In any of the rooms. One time I went to the bathroom that was all the way at the rear of the house. I shut the door and locked it. I remember that specifically. Next thing I know right as I got up to wipe I caught something out of the corner of my eye and the door unlocked and swung open all the way. This happened really fucking fast. I ran all the way to my parents room and didn't see anything in the hall. Years later my dad said the land lady wouldn't set foot in it and also the land ladys nephew told him that 30 years before that there was a fire that gutted the rear of the house and killed an old man that used to own it.

>more asleep than awake
>hear small tapping sound
>begin concentrating on sound
>sound starts getting slightly louder
>Recognize soft tapping sound *pic related*
>oshit.jpeg
>bolt right up
>sound gone
There was a shaker thing on a shelf

fuuny thing is it was at my grandma's house. weird shit always happens there

>laying in bed in a cold morning
>girlfriend walking around on the creaky floor, getting ready for work
>she comes over and puts a warm blanket over me, feels good
>sits on the bed
>hugs me
>feel overwhelming sense of love or warmth?
>felt it once before, near death experience in hospital
>think her shape is too small
>turn over and open my eyes
>no blanket, no girl, only something unseen that seemed to disperse with a noise of a breath
>go to kitchen, ask gf if she was in the room, says no
>she leaves, i'm really affected by the experience
>thinking if it was an angel or ghost, sounds dumb
>get text, a friend had passed away early that morning
i had stopped seeing her to commit to the girl i was living with. still makes me feel sad. I never told anyone, probably doesn't matter to anyone else, not scary. just very sad to me. i didn't know she was sick. maybe these events were unrelated, but it feels good to think there is some kind of bond between people that we don't understand.

I got another story about my grandma's house. This was b4 I was born so I cant really confirm or deny them. Anybody interested?

my mother woke me up one night telling me it was important ....i heard a weird krackeling sound when i walked down.

a fire started in my house next to the babys room. 5 mins later and i would of been to late.

i truly believe my mother pays her suicide depth by being my daughters guardian spirit

eh ill just tell ya anyways

cool story bro

i woke up with trapglue on my face....think my ghost is a rip-ist

according to my grandma, at a certain time at night they would hear the chain link fence being moved around by wind, but when they checked the air was still. She described it as someone dragging a stick along the fence around the house just once and stops.

Kek

Not green text
Didn't bother reading

MODS mods mods!'m

go to /x/ witch this thread faggot

My grandmother was a devout Catholic and one night before bed her alarm clock stopped working. She had to wake up early the next day, so she decided to pray to the souls in Purgatory to wake her up. As a good Catholic she believed she was doing a good deed by allowing them to work off some sins by helping her.

In the morning, she was awakened by the sound of what she described as hundreds of fingernails scratching on the wooden frame of her bed.

She never prayed to the souls in Purgatory again.

im pretty lonely right now
tfw no qt female ghost hunting me so i can do sex

>work at a hotel doing the night audit alone
>go through the conference center
>reenter the hotel half through an employees only door
>get waaay down the hall before I think to myself "man, that door still hasn't closed on its own"
>door slams shut as if someone went through it after I did
>haul fucking ass back to the front desk
>look behind while running
>trip on raised carpet
>huge rug burn on my chin
I don't go to conference any more.