Hello Sup Forums

Hello Sup Forums

I am kinda poor right now, I've been offered by a professional to get my light meter hacked. He claims that he can change how much consumption is sent from the meter to the company so I could end up paying like 80% less. He would do it for 600$.
1- Is this shit possible?
2- Will the company find out?
3- Should I do it?
4- Can I do the hacking myself?

Light meter? Do you mean power meter? Yes, older ones can be hacked with a powefull magnet

Yes, sorry. Power Meter. He claims to do it with a tablet from the company, modifies something in the software so the meter reports less than it is actually spending.

What are the chances of the company finding out and fucking me in the ass?

well if they see a house suddenly drop 80% power consumption, i think they will investigate that. that is a huge difference. I think you should change your priorities in life so you can afford your light bill. Also, if they catch you, they may fine you or worse send you to electricity jail

>electricity jail

U wot m8?

I plan on doing something that would compensate for that 80% power loss, so they shouldn't notice much.

This dude told me that if the company found out, I could never be penalized since there's no way for me to hack the meter, since it requires tools given by the company and done by a professional.

Sounds too good to be true.

Great way to lose $600.

idk man but I'll tell you what give me that $600 and Friday I'll give you back $1200.

Why?

Nah, you give me 1200$ now and I'll give you 2400$ next week.

Then your friend will get fucked... I dun know this sounds a little sketchy, not gonna lie. I would not do it if I were you.

Compensate 80%? with what exactly?

>1- Is this shit possible?
depends on meter type, but yes
>2- Will the company find out?
see above. mostly not, some yes
>3- Should I do it?
depends. if you're on a safe meter yes. look out for rapid changes, they notice. reduce slow and you're safe.
>4- Can I do the hacking myself?
yes

>electricity jail
>(You)

- Can I do the hacking myself?
>yes

Do you know of any sources I could use to learn this?

Shit, that requires lots of light but should ease off my deadline into poverty until I can find a job. (Really tough in my area).

the info is on the internet, the problem is a device to mod the counter.
like, "everyone" knows how, "no one" can do.

Simplest way would be to mod the cabling and power a bit of your home with power from the counter input, the you would just need to replace some security plugs, available from amazon.

>I plan on doing something that would compensate for that 80% power loss

>500% increase in power usage to make bill look normal
>never gonna notice

>gets caught growing weed
or
>loses a ton of money buying shitty crypto miners he doesn't know how to use

stay in school kids

implying you have a smart meter, the change in translation values would be logged too, so police would come quick...
on simple mech counters just short one phase and it isn't counted

Well, I know people doing it right now and they seem to be doing just fine. It's either this, or losing everything in 5 months if I can find a job.

I'll take some pics of my meter and do research, I guess the dudeo fucking around with the software is a no-no if the changes a logged.

Sounds like a scam OP. He can say whatever he wants but only believe what you see with your own eyes. Make sure u do ur diligence, and visit a place where he's actually done this and verify it works.

Also u should know What he's saying is not possible for people with the new electronic meters, the SMART meters.

I'll take a pic of my meter and post it. I am new to the topic so I've got no idea, doubt it is one of the new ones though. Be right back.

i am the kaos. i am the almighty. i have returned from my slumber because you have summoned me. i put all of you on notice. my power is reaching out to you. you cannot escape. your age is at an end. mine is just beginning.

You'll give up in a few days.

OP here, bump. Gonna post pic soon. The meter does look quite modern.

Chances are he cant do it. So he will take your 600 and you have no recourse since you hired him to do a criminal act.

>is this shit possible?
sheit man, anything can be hacked
cars can be hacked, phones can be hacked, fucking insulin pumps can be hacked
as for security: the fucking pentagon got hacked once by a teenager
if there's a wall, it can be tor doen

>will the company find out?
sheit man
nobody, especially not automated systems will be like "huh, that dude conumes 80% less power. good for him, not suspicious at all"

>should i do it?
no.
not only are you risking jail, an asaload of fines AND paying for the power itself in the end, but paying 600 bucks will only be cost effective after 2-5 years (depending on how much you pay already, consumption, etc.)

>can i do the hackng myself?
no.
the software is (educated guess) very specialized and passowrd protected
so even IF you were able to connect to it, you'd still need to hack it
and they gots like alarms and all for that

my advice: just fucking invest in some LEDs, tun stuff off completely if you're not using them, save energy, save money

OP here.

This is the power meter.

>electricity jail
Keked

Youp've played too much Watch_Dogs

Bump.

Any info on this particular Power Meter?

How much fucking power do you use to even consider spending that money? 600$ pays for like two years of electricity.

that looks pretty new to me

Are you that cubby poor chick from Germany that writes stuff on notepads for donations to ur PayPal?

Your power company will know if you suddenly start using 80% less electricity

Not really, I live in a pretty big house and my power consumption is like 200$ every two months, and 70$ when no one lives here as a minimum (I don't understand how they make me pay that much when I am not in the house).

600$ is easily worth the investment, if it works and it works for a long time...

Yes, I've been doing some research and it seems to be one of the ''Smart'' meters. I've also found news about an epidemic of professionals hacking them to make a quick buck, just like in my case. It seems like they definitely can do it, but I don't know how long it'll last.

No.

Well, there's gotta be a way because I know a lot of people doing this shit.