Why is it that children of great musicians are usually talentless and non-existent?

Why is it that children of great musicians are usually talentless and non-existent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i5-7AF6Iyy8
youtube.com/watch?v=a_1bFFiV89o
youtube.com/watch?v=Gp2EO0dtmK8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But Sean and Dhani have made some good stuff (at least with Les Claypool/Thenewno2)

Rude, Sean isn't bad. Imagine being fucking john lennon's kid, must be harsh.

he's a fucking hapa. What do you expect?

because they didn't suffer adversity like their fathers

relativity is redundant when you get offered a contract because of nepotism

Just like how children of famous actors are always terrible?

Take Jaden Smith as an example.

They didn't suffer adversity and hardship like their parents do plus everything is already given to them so they don't have the experience needed to be in the top-tier of their respective art.

>Just like how children of famous actors are always terrible?

Not always. Michael Douglas is a far better actor than his dad.

wait is john lennon a great artist now

No, WAS a great artist, he is now dead you fucking dumbshit

What dumb asshole would name their son to rhyme with their name

Felix Pastorius is a good bass player. He's not as innovative as his dad but he's talented.

Now THIS is spicy bait

Same reason as 99.9% of the world. The odds of anyone being a great talented musicians are very low to begin with. Why would children of great musicians have an advantage? I don't think genetics play that big of a role in artistic talent.

Are you as good as your dad in whatever he did? Thought so

Musician sons feel pressured to follow their parents career for easy cash instead of doing anything else they truly wanted so of course they will suck

I think Dweezil does his dad proud by continuing his legacy...although I couldn't name any original music he's done. Still, a great guitarist.

Is Jeff Buckley the only good one?

Because Yoko cancelled out johns talent genes.

J.C Bach
C.P.E Bach

But like Jeff Buckley, very good but not in their father's league.

>Lisa Marie Presley
Shit.
>Alexa Joel
Shit.
>Sean Lennon
Shit.
>those two kids that James Taylor and Carly Simon had
Shit.
>Paul McCartney's kids
Shit.
>Nick Starkey
Shit.

Frances will SAVE music

she's the better song writer

Brian Wilson's daughters were shit too.

Wolfgang Van Halen isn't a bad bassist, sadly he's wasted his talent playing Greatest Hits setlists with his dad's shitty washed up dadrock band.

He put out some solid '80s pop.

>Imagine being fucking john lennon's kid,

I see what you did there

I mean this has obviously gotta be a joke but Yoko and John never had kids

Yoko hated kids and John hated himself

I prefer Nancy over Frank Sinatra.

And I prefer Megadeth's cover of These Boots over the original, but that's just me.

What? And Sean? Like srsly famalam

I've heard Diesel Zappa puts on some pretty great shows, never listened though.

His name is Dweezil get it right nerd, only a celebrity would name their chld Diesel lol thats not even a real name

The Bachlets were regarded as better in their day, actual innovative musicians compared to their dadrock dad. Probably just hipsters because no one really thinks that now.

At least he's not some idiot who names a girl Moon Unit or something.

You can say what you want about Sean lennon's skill, but his father beat him.

regression towards the mean. an exceptional person is unlikely to have a kid who's just as exceptional.

I want to hug Sean!
youtube.com/watch?v=i5-7AF6Iyy8

Music was evolving quickly during the 18th century and Bach came to be seen as antiquated soon after his death. Not until the mid-19th century was he re-appreciated.

This. It's like asking why you or me aren't great musicians. It's rare as fuck. I don't buy the idea that "they haven't experienced adversity so they can't be great artists" either, because a lot of great artists actually do come from a privileged background. That has changed a little bit, but traditionally you HAD to be privileged to pursue an interest in arts because otherwise you were too busy working in a factory or something to spend time wasting on something that rarely pans out. Today it's a bit different as it's more accessible to create music and get noticed, but it's still rare to, just that you don't have to be from the upperclass to have a chance. Still, there's still a lot of successful artists today who came from wealth such as Ariel Pink, Vampire Weekend, and almost every pop artist.

youtube.com/watch?v=a_1bFFiV89o

explain this then

Kill yourself, she was the Willow Smith of her time

was about to post this.

You can ask the same about any parent who had striking abilities or achievements. The instances of great writers, poets, musicians, scientists, mathematicians, or any famous in general passing on or rubbing off some of their magic on their offspring are extremely rare.

Counterexample: Ravi Shankar's daughters.

Also fathers of both Bach and Mozart were acclaimed musicians.

He's not a musician, but Duncan "Zowie Bowie" Jones is a rather good director (and seems a good bloke as well)

Kek

when

John Lennon was a piece of shit abuser and a mediocre musician at best. Fix your idiot self.

lol @ adversity being a prerequisite to being a good songwriter

pavement, dinosaur jr, pixies, etc all grew up in upper middle class environments with easy lives

She's already 24yo, at her age his dad was already making Nevermind.

Because it's fun, John Lenon was a shit tier human being and you should be reminded this fact every time you idolize this fucker

he was a diva, but to deny him or McCartney's musical ability is just stupid. You don't have to love a person to like their music or at least acknowledge their talent

But there's literally no point posting it here. I would bet money that 99% of all people posting on Sup Forums knows the Lennon was a shitbag, and people either care or don't. It's pointless to bring it up all the time.

George Harrison was the most talented beatle desu

The sound that my turd made falling into the toilet earlier today was a better composition than anything Frank ever made.
My anus is a better musician than Frank Zappa. It's really not that hard.

(sean) Lennon Claypool Delirium released a neat little album and sean actually shreds

youtube.com/watch?v=Gp2EO0dtmK8