I was pulled over by a cop last night going 73 in a 70 mph zone 3-lane highway...

I was pulled over by a cop last night going 73 in a 70 mph zone 3-lane highway. He didn't even write me a warning saying i he appreciated my honesty. Wtf did he do that for? I was taught that you were supposed to go slightly faster in the passing lane but if he didn't even write a warning what was the point of him pulling me over?

>appreciated my honesty.
When a cop ask you why you were pulled over, you ALWAYS SAY im not sure, NEVER admit to guilt. He probly still wrote you up, wait for a summons in the mail.

You're allowed to go 10% above and below the speed limit so he couldn't write you up, and if he did you can take it to court.

Sexts get

SEXTS GETTTT

Not sure if it'll be the same where you live, but, when you go to court, before anything else, ask for the radar gun's calibration logs. Also, if he says he calibrated it in advance, be sure to ask if it was done with a tuning fork (the thing that is actually required). It may get the case thrown out.

I didn't he walked over and said is 72 too slow for you? and said i was speeding
and no he said he wasn't writing me up but the last time i got pulled over they atleast gave me a warning

he gauged my speed while driving he just drove next too me until he matched me

my dad said something similar that he didn't give me a warning because i actually didn't do anything wrong

i'll remember this

>he gauged my speed while driving he just drove next too me until he matched me
I don't think that will hold up in court.

Completely inaccurate. The standard is there for a reason. If the state wanted the limit to be 10% higher, they would post it at that limit.

That said, getting a conviction for 73/70 would be difficult unless you were a habitual offender.

It can, and likely would if there is evidence to support the charge

Yeah i'm not worried about court im just wondering if he pulled me over to be an ass or if he was just trying to catch people or if 3 miles over is actually gonna get me in trouble

Repeating digits get

GET

White privliege don't worry we are bringing it back just thank your uncle donald

>7149999999

Probably to be an ass, honestly.

FUCK.

You're a stupid fuck OP. You were pulled over for impeding operation and going too SLOW in the fast lane.
Cops won't pull you over for 3 mph over unless you give them a reason or look sketchy or are black.
Had 2 troopers pass me last week when I was doing 70 in a 55 and 80 in a 65. Didn't even glance at me.

Yep. That's what I said

OP, honesty is a great policy when it comes to dealing with an LEO.
They always pull you over for a reason.
The reason could be that you're black.

Just don't be a dildo. Many cops in my family, many friends I grew up with who are cops. One thing they all say, is that honestly, sometimes writing tickets is bullshit because of the paperwork involved.

Depends on the cop. Sometimes they're told o have a zero tolerance for speeding. He might've just done that to teach you a lesson or to fuck with you. Don't just outright believe everything you hear about cops from people who are not cops themselves. I don't care if they have a brother/cousin/best friend/dog who is a cop. People will make shit up all the time

No you're not. However, most cops will assume a small margin of error/forgiveness. The amount is dependent on your local politics.

Automated speed cameras are set to a specific amount. To increase revenue, the cameras in my city had their margin reduced from 10 kph to 3 kph in order to generate more tickets.

When a cop pulls you over and asks you "do you know why I pulled you over" it's actually an attempt to get you to admit guilt.

Never never never answer a question like that honestly. Always say something like "I don't know. Why did you?"

You can be polite and even friendly with a cop without being stupid.

My buddies a cop and he tells me he does this all the time.
He was suspicious of weed or alcohol or something else, so he pulled you over and claimed it was speeding afterwords
It's super illegal to do, but even good cops are trained douchebags

White priviedge in action, fucking disgusting

Maybe because OP didn't tell the cop that he dindu nuffin or tell him to fuck off. Civilised privilege in action.

It's not that they give you a margin of error, it's that it's typically not worth it, since normally you're fined based on how much over the speed limit you're going, and 10 isn't much. Maybe it was a slow day.