/urban/ + /architecture/

Modern architecture edition, any architectural style after 1900 allowed(not only modernism)

>tfw you'll never live in one of those fancy and futuristic buildings, but in a shitty old concrete box instead

That looks really interesting.

Expoforum Convention and Exhibition Centre

Danilov Plaza Multifunctional Complex

Actor Galaxy

Barkli Park

Bank Sankt Petersburg

Stanislavsky Factory

LEAPrus 3912

Kontula appartment buildings

That's really beautiful

Saint Ladislaus High School

old warehouse building + modern glass shell

You can book a room with a view for only ~21$ a day.

catholic church in Debrecen

I'll post some from Poland

Sorry, my bad, ~151$ a day :^)

art deco church

I like how they design Catholic churches

you can find some pretty unusual one in Hungary

Modern red bricks buildings are one of the best things ever. That's why I love the Netherlands so much.

That reminds me of some pagan temple, lol. But looks good.

this art deco apartment house was built by the Jewish upper-class of Debrecen

Docklands, Amsterdam

yeah, the building in the picture you quoted was built by an architect inspired by Dutch architecture returning home to Hungary from the Netherlands

yes, Makovecz was famous for implementing pagan elements in his organic architectural style

an art deco house built for the professors of University of Pécs

the former chapel of the old Austro-Hungarian Military Training Camp in Budapest, refurbished as a modern office building

I wish we had something like this in Russia, but it seems that our people want to forget that part of our history.

Dandár baths, built in 1930

House Robert-Jan & Inge, Rotterdam

you just have to find a way to somehow synthesize your pagan roots with your Orthodox beliefs

Budapest National Theater, resembling a ship

I'm afraid people will find it offensive.

Palace of Arts

Fucking USSR destroyed our society.

That is amazing

I can understand that

here it's much easier because even though we're a Christian nation since the coronation of our first Christian king in 1000 AD we've never really let go of our Uralic shamanistic pagan roots, they're still an essential part of our national fabric, from horseback archery to our fairy tales and myths

Amsterdam

early art deco theater building, 1909

the modern Hilton Budapest with pieces of a medieval monastery incorporated into the building

Suzhou cultural heritage museum

It's funny because they remember and are proud of many pre-Christianity things, but when it comes to religion they are autistic as fuck. People here are very superstitious. That's why I'll never feel like home here. I don't understand how their brains work.

full autism, I like these

new lookout tower atop the highest mountain of Hungary

Rotterdam

it's really funny how Russians' thing with religion hasn't changed not one bit since the time of Dostoevsky

metro terminal from the 70s refurbished last year

Nieuw-Bergen, The Netherlands

I don't think we can pretend like our societies are any better, ask a random bydlo on the street in Dublin about God and I'm sure you'll hear all crazy types of shit

There's a whole neighbourhood in Budapest full of unique Bauhaus houses such as this

believe it or not, this building used to look like...

Yeah, but you haven't got blasphemy laws at least. The main part of society understands that religion has nothing to do with state and politics.

this

We're actually famous for our blasphemy law lad

amazing church

Nice thread you got there

Recently finished, local courthouse building.

Amsterdam

Meanwhile in Oviedo...

Wow, didn't know that. But it's uncommon in EU as I know. Many European people(don't count mehmets with their savage cult) are atheists or agnostics now.

This is being built here.

Rijssen, The Netherlands

Could have been worse :^)