youtube.com/channel/UC2n_RzHws5DPlIm1gbzDgkQ
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQXro2VDjyIwall5yXVP6fUJV8oWNPakz
twitter.com/BrightByNathan/status/840229170823213057
youtube.com/watch?v=RAMZNNv9ZSQ
vocaroo.com/i/s0jHv3s1i9Ci
my.mixtape.moe/mwuyin.wav
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for nothing ever matters and we're all gonna die

>tfw the only thing you know you'd like to do is be in a band and make music but there's no scene where you live

i know this feel all too well.

everyone around here either wants to play pure country music or wants to be a rapper/producer.

I've been posting around looking for people willing to start a band but have gotten no real hits.

>there's no scene where you live
Maybe you just haven't found it yet?
Alternatively, be the scene.

Yeah, from what I've encountered it's just shitty wannabe rappers here. I've heard there's an alright music scene in the next town over but there aren't many Craigslist postings for people wanting to start a band.

What is it about guitar that makes it such a popular instrument?

I've liked them all my life but didn't start playing until about 5 years ago, and even then I spent more time reading about them and looking at them than practicing.

Probably the fact that it was the lead instrument in pop music for the past 60 years. It's obviously fading away now, at least from mainstream culture.

Not even that, I just found them attractive. I wanted to play because I liked how it looked to play a guitar, and liked how a guitar looked. It's like an extra appendage (especially in the right hands).

So, I'm learning my G major scale from justin guitar and i'm trying improv over it, but I'm noticing my had kinda doesnt want to move. Like, my finger are stuck and my thum is stuck behind them and, for eg, even tho at one poit im not playing a note on the fifth fret, my hand fights against me to mantain the stretch.
I dont know if I'm being clear.
What do I do?
(and yes, I know, break out of the box or whatever, but i'm just learning position one for now)

Beginner here, need strumming pattern for "The best death metal band out of Denton"

Anyone?

D UUD DUDU

Does anybody actually use the middle pickup on SSS guitars? I have a HSH guitar and use the 2 and 4 position all the time but I never find any use for the middle position.

you better not be using that pick with that acoustic

to answer your question, stop being a pleb

Considering I'm neither picking or fretting in that clip, you're not so far from truth shitposter-kun.
Delay's just here for texture though.

>moderate scene
>it's all stoner/alt/black metal

it has a large range, great ergonomy, can pitch bend and do polyphony.
It's also very versatile in pitch and in timbre, without needing to completely swap out the instrument.
As far as it goes, it's a really complete instrument.

I use mine for simple bright cleans like these
youtube.com/watch?v=1zez30Rj82g

>Considering I'm neither picking or fretting in that clip

than why are you even using a guitar in the first place ?

no talent, electro mongoloids like you are the reason no one takes the guitar seriously anymore

fucking kill yourself

I'm using a pick to strike the string higher up, basically creating fake frets and getting notes that aren't on the fretboard. Just like a slide, but higher on the neck.
This is the part where you say "lmao fuckken tryhard go eat your vegetables"

Did they even notice?

Focus on your fretting hand and force it to move. Don't know if that's the answer you're looking for m8

>getting notes that aren't on the fretboard

You're getting them off of the fretboard, therefore they're on the fretboard.

Try to not be so stupid if you wish to converse with me.

>"lmao fuckken tryhard go eat your vegetables"

I have no idea what you mean. Keep practicing your "music" my friend, you're a really "unique" "player"!

>tfw drummer just quit the band

Is it worth sending out our /demos/ to labels if we're in this weird situation? We just want to play live shows but now dont have drummer don't know what to do :(

Its like doom metal and shoegaze and would be kidna dumb I guess with a machine...

>You're getting them off of the fretboard
>my 22 fret guitar has a 30th fret
Sick, when do I get my wizard robe dude ?

youtu.be/AAnG7WD5sBk

is the note coming from a passing bassoon ?

no, it's coming from your japexican shitaxe

stop being stupid. Think before you post

What're the best guitar related Youtube channels? apart from Coffee and Riffs and Knobs, obviously

Yup. I've tried it with a thimble like he does and it's too hard to do it, my right pinky's not accurate enough, so I just use a pick. It has no sustain but it might have some if I used a metal one.

>he has never used air to make weird swells with his guitar

is this thing a piece of shit? tax season and i kind of want a new toy

>he has never made anything pleasing to listen to
>instead of practicing actual technique he spends his time hitting strings side-on with a pick and posting the garbled result on the internet demanding recognition

>demanding recognition
You almost had it all right.
If I wanted recognition, I'd do some avatar/name/tripfagging you know.

it would be dumb wit a machine user. just wait and practice.

pedalsandeffects
Ben Eller - his Why You Suck at Guitar videos are top
reverb.com's channel frequently has good vids

>Ben Eller - his Why You Suck at Guitar videos are top
you need to go back man

youtube.com/channel/UCdD1Cqxr8aINzWs1agg3tEQ

youtube.com/channel/UC2n_RzHws5DPlIm1gbzDgkQ

and I absolutely adore acoustic paradiso
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQXro2VDjyIwall5yXVP6fUJV8oWNPakz

huh?

wow, you really unironically need to go way the fuck back

I still have no idea what you're on about

why post your shit here, if not for recognition?

you're just proving to everyone that you're a weak-chinned flid that can't handle constructive criticism

learn to play and come back to these threads in a couple years when you're a bit more mellow and mature

>why post your shit here, if not for recognition?
>what is sharing

>you're just proving to everyone that you're a weak-chinned flid that can't handle constructive criticism
>constructive criticism
where ?

>where ?

If you can't see how I'm helping you improve you never will.

That's actual advice right there, despite how cryptic it seems

in short, get fucked

Obvious shit poster. Just ignore them.

Keep experimenting. Always cool to mix things like that into your regular playing to spice it up.

So far the only advice I've seen is "practice". You could have done that without the long string of dog avatarfagging dude.

Just checked the clip out. Sounds cool with the delay. Maybe add some more tails and roll off the high end a little and you could have a cool sound for brief quiet fills and what not. Just need to work on getting it in tune, there's a few spots where you waverer a bit but only slightly.

If you have a floating bridge you could try doing small pull ups as you hit the notes too maybe?

you're missing the point

I'm trying to break your spirt so that you can build yourself up again into a better guitarist, nay, a better person!

why won't you let me in ?

Ignore dog poster, don't reply to him.

Kinda hard to throw that in mid riff. Might use it next time I do shitty grindcore.

Definitely too much high end in that clyp but I noticed after I was done and got too lazy to redo it.
Floating bridge is useless for this technique, you're free to hit wherever you want. You can also slide it up for about a centimeter and still get some sound.
Other than that, on standard tuning you can do siren sound by going from the B to the E string.

>doggos
V nice

but I'm lonely ;_;

I'll make sure to kick a dog in your honor

please

don't even joke about that

Posting some very useful infos.

I just kicked the shit out of a dog that walked past me

Holy shit I needed this

I hope you managed to keep your fedora on in all the kerfuffle

Rate my relic job on a cheap strat. Want to stain the pickguard but that will have to happen later.

twitter.com/BrightByNathan/status/840229170823213057

This one is missing a lot of possible ways of playing intervals.

Thanks user, this is really useful!

If you don't mind, would you show us the other ways?

hey im dumb and i really need help with guitar wiring

i've got three on/off switches, three pickups, a tone and volume pot. how do i wire them? every time i fuck up the switches and i dont know why

can you at least point me in the right direction if you dont want to answer me directly

>playing in standard

Does any of you know about a good, affordable attenuator? The ones I have seen costs just as much as an amp. I am planning on getting a Blackstar Ht Stage 60, and I want to be able to get sweet toanz out of that baby.

Ok I have to ask, is that a custom made pickguard or where can I buy it?

>he doesn't play in the best tunning
lemme guess, you are a djont kid?

Are these any good ? I'm thinking about getting some but I'm a daddrio man

open c is literally the best tuning

>and I absolutely adore acoustic paradiso
It is quite amusing how Andertons own channel is infinitely better than anything on Rob's channel these days

Honestly fuck the B string, who even came up with that shit

i know there's a reason
but why aren't the top 2 following the perfect 4th suit making them c and f?

because its easier to grip chords with standard tuning

Some players (Tom Quayle and Alex Hutchings are the only ones I can think of) tune their guitars in all 4ths.

>I'm shit
:(

I want to get them and keep breaking them so I can just get free strings forever.

Ok, I fell for the duo-sonic meme, I'm against reselling gear so I'm going to look to upgrade the neck pickup. Any suggestions?

yeah, throw it in the trash

o I am laffin

better get a dj/composer

T_T I can sell it for ~450 and only take a hit for 50 , honestly considering it, I've had it for a couple months and honestly I think its too small, fortunately I haven't build any attachment to it.

Why not just get a studio 20 or a club 40?

An HT60 is excessive in every sense of the word, for any venue a 40 couldn't handle you would be micing it up anyway making it redundant.

>I'm against reselling gear
Why?

Opinions on the Hotone Skyline Krush?
Thought it sounded pretty neat

I consider gear as like a library that I'm constantly expanding. having options as far as gear helps me when i'm in a creative rut. also maybe one day i can get a friend who wants to play with me lel

youtube.com/watch?v=RAMZNNv9ZSQ

the Boss DS-2 I've had for almost 10 years just shit the bed. It was the best controllable feedbacker pedal I've ever used. I opened it up and couldn't see anything wrong with the circuit but it could be anything. sad day

I could never get a good sound out of mine unfortuneatly, always muddied the sound way too much. i achieved way more with an SD-1

I have better dirt pedals but I used this one for the specific distorted feedback that I could control the pitch of by moving around. Now I realize it probably only did that because it was breaking. Such a shame.

this is roman /gg/. stop replying to him

>He thinks dog posting is one guy

Opinion on fishman fluence pickups ?

>fed up with humbuckers
>look into single coils
>try out some strats at guitar store
>find one in particular that I like
>sounds good, feels good, looks nice, stays in tune
>within intended price range
>figure I'll go and try some other guitars as well
>Mustang with P90s
>pretty nice, short scale takes getting used to but is pretty comfy and it's cheaper than the strat, but the P90s are still too muddy for my taste
>always hated Telecasters because of the looks
>figure strat is a direct upgrade because more pots, more pickups, more cutaways
>try a tele anyway
Holy shit I'm in love. The fattest neck ever which feels great, the one I tried stays in tune even with lots of bending for an hour, sounds great (not as twangy as the strat but still very nice), feels great...
And it's only 100 € above my intended price range of under 800.
Now if only it wasn't sunburst...

>new pedals and pedalboard have arrived
Post boards!

>doesn't know about open tunings
Laugh at the pleb. I bet he uses effects on his guitar!

your just trying to make everyone hate dogs like you made everyone hate frusciante. fuck off

youre roman

This guy, is right about why standard tuning is what it is: it facilitates ease of playing chords given the physical limitations of human hands (only four fingers unless you've got crazy thumbs). Other than that, tradition plays a role: guitars have been tuned that way for over a century and that is what musicians have been accustomed to as the guitar tradition passes from teacher to student.

Not sure about Alex Hutchings, but Tom Quayle tunes his guitar in all 4ths because it makes scales more symmetrical throughout the fretboard, thus allowing him to find a given scale shape with ease in multiple octaves.

vocaroo.com/i/s0jHv3s1i9Ci

This is the first cover I've ever completed fully, if anyone can give me feedback/remind me it's shit i'll be v. thankful.

higher quality:
my.mixtape.moe/mwuyin.wav

Looking to add a Fuzz and a Tremolo

That guy is right the dog poster isn't Roman. I'm loath to admit it but I've been here so long I can tell the difference. He's the Paul poster and Tele vomit guy. He tried to be Roman for a little while but it didn't really work out so he's been trying this dog thing on and off for a few weeks now.

I have been playing guitar for almost a year but Im just now getting more into playing electric, I also am getting an elec/acoustic soon. What pedals are good for starting (I don't play medal, so please don't say any freaky distortion shit)

>He's the Paul poster and Tele vomit guy.

Those are actually roman though.

I'm also the poster above whose DS-2 broke. Rip