What are the guitarist of Sup Forums playing through?

What are the guitarist of Sup Forums playing through?

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qBWQzFTcVdY
ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/RG550_(disambiguation)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bad ass play freebird

Fender jag

I have the same guitar, only in sunburst

Dig the 5150 combo.

bias fx desktop, faggots

youtube.com/watch?v=qBWQzFTcVdY

wish i had a camera

jackson with original floyd rose emg 81/85 into an old crate VC50 all tube baby

Im playing on a strat knockoff live every other beginner faggot

It's my favourite I have had so far, swapping out the tremelo bridge for a mustang

getting this bad boy soon. Also I'm using guitar rig 5 atm because im poor

Nice, throw some dimarzios in there and you'll be much happier.

also this

Mine

Yeah, i'm planning on replacing the pickups asap

Gibson R8, Vox ac30. Keep it simple, upgrade instrument with paf pickups, better pots and caps, better bridge, nut, strings etc. Fuck pedals, we are guitar players, make your guitar great to play.

Pretty much my ideal rig. Very nice, man

why the fuck are guitars with only 3 saddles even made? is it just a nostalgia thing

In 1953:
1) Cost
2) Availability
3) Engineering
Today:
1) Cost
2) Nostalgia
3) Toanz

Mesa boogie mark 3 blue stripe reporting for duty.
It is literally the loudest thing in the actual world.

More detailed and upcoming pic of guitars incoming

-2014 gibson lpj 125th anniversary edition in chocolate satin finish

-some year epiphone korina explorer, which by now has a gibson 500t in the bridge and the standard epiphone alnice 2 thing in the neck

-fender cd60, just a big ass dirt cheap well built dreadnought

Cont.

my pc via audio interface

Just got this Jazzmaster, I love it

ok thanks for explanation

owned a rg550ex for almost 15 years. high quality stuff. only stopped using it because i got sick of the floating bridge and bought a fixed bridge instead dunno what the difference between 350 and 550 is

Also a Jazzmaster guy. Love it. What kind of music do you play?

These are the 2 guitars aforementioned

The one on the middle is an esp ltd KH-602

>inb4 metallica fanboy

I challenge you to find me a more solid EMG loaded floyded up superstrat with more sustain and a nicer neck for less then a grand

And the skulls don't hurt either if I'm completely honest

There are some pedals aswell not in the pic
-phase 90
-boss digital recerb
-dunlop crybaby
-ditto looper (which is amazing for the money btw)

And a gretch jim dandy flat top guitar, which is made for delta blues

No pic but a Gibson Les Paul Traditional. I ordered a $400 guitar from Amazon and they sent me the Les Paul...it's been a year and they haven't asked for it back so it's mine now

Thanks bro. A lot of stars aligned for me to have it.

I would love to own a Mark 3 Red stripe for the pure balls those amps have. I'm just so satisfied with my mark IV it would be hard to justify.

Gibson Les Paul Custom Purple HPT
also got a Fender Jag, and Strat

Fender strat with a Mesa head

That is a sexy fucking S, OP.

I have an S an a few RGs, myself.

>rg550ex vs. Rg350

550 is a japanese made model made in the 80's through the late 90's. Amazing guitars for the price you find them at now. The 350 is a standard indo made ibanez, not really anything special about besides looks.

Ah the Boogie Love

It's the best kind of love

>The 350 is a standard indo made ibanez, not really anything special
ah ok. my 550ex was made in 2002 i believe. guess they quit making them soon after

I miss my S1625TKS prestige and my RG which are out for service, buy nice taste with that Sabre / Boogie combo OP!

I feel like Sabres don't get enough love. They are truly a treat to play.

ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/RG550_(disambiguation)

Nice I have the same combo but mine is a no stripe w/IIC+ mod (which was done before I bought it, so I can't comment on what it was like before). No pics though because I'm not at home.

This

I agree. I feel like the RGs are a bit overrated. Mainly because they're pointier.

Thought about putting a GEQ in the loop?

Yeah I feel you, I wouldn't mind a mark 5 combo, but I allready have the mark 3.

That's the only thing that can stop you from buying a mesa boogie mark series,

Allready having a mark series

I swear to god, that mark 3 is quite the sonic asshole as much as I love it. It is impossible to mix in propperly because it just cuts that hard.

And it's not just the stupendous volume either (and as a boogie owner, you will know they are on a whole new level of loud, even among valve amps) it's also the tone.

Even at relatively low volume it cuts through the mix like a motherfucker

Fuckn boogies man

The mark 3's really feel like you're a bit out of controll, like something bad could happen at any time and a meltdown is imminent. It's like chuck jager boogie, you feel like you're just 1 decibel away from actually making spacetime collapse onto itself

You seem like the kind of person that buys $1500 cap because of muh tone.

I feel you. The Mark IV has both channel master volumes and an overall master volume. Makes it very easy to control volume. Can even get pretty good tones at bedroom levels.

Cort CR-280

Wow, lots of Boogies. I play pic related. Its a "poor man's Boogie" but I really like it. It is voiced a bit darker than a Mark and has that massive bottom end of a Recto without the fizz on top.

guys i have a question.

why do the higher notes sound muddy when they are played while a lower tone rings?

for example, play the open low E string and let it ring. while it rings, play e.g. 15th fret on the high E string. the latter sounds muffled and shitty compared to when it is played without the low E ringing

what causes this?

Nuttin but love for the boogies

I heard those mods sound really good in their own right
I'd love to play an actual II+, just so I can say I did

Yeah I have. But I'd rather have one retrofitted if I have to get one (the optional graphic EQ in the front face, you know). To be honest I thought about it, but the combination of random channel names and pull-pots causes enough option paralysis as it is. Litterally not a single knob does what you would expect it to.
Only the master volume does what it says on the label, the rest just do as they damn well please.

The stock EQ will do, I've stopped the whole "let's scoop it" thing a while ago, so the stock EQ is allright

for optimal tone, remove and bypass all tone and volume knobs, amirite

My white 7320 I showed is great, but the scale length on the sabre doesn't lend to severe detuning, at least on the 7 string. I think the RG 7s are better. ESP/LTD for 8, steph carpenter signature, solid tension.

I have dimed out all settings for years.
\\m//

Squire strat. Picked it up on crags list with amp mike and interface to hook it into the computer for $80. Picking it up again after a 20 year hiatus.

The scale length on the S and RG are identical. Both 25.5.

this is my setup with an old mesa 4x12 cab when they still used black Sheppard speakers. really need to start gigging again though. havent made proper use of my gear in a few years now

Well damn. I'm wrong. Cool. Also nice doubles .

Bumping

Bogner

>tfw one string broke a week ago, while tuning the guitar
>tfw too lazy to get out and buy a new pack of strings
>tfw playing with 5 strings now

fun

Fender deluxe stratocaster sapphire blue tortoise pickguard

Danelectro 12 string tobacco sunburst with f hole

Some vintage Kay bass guitar shortscale

Fender ukulele?

Gibson 2012 Standard, Slash Signature pickups (but 4-conducting to work with the guitar's coil taps), Mesa Boogie Roadster through a Mesa 2x12. Also got a Kramer Striker 211 Custom with a Hetset in 'em in desperate need of a better trem. Fuckin' Indonesians.

Me too, Ecstasy Classic, need to do a retube. Anyone got any suggestions?

Epiphone Dot through a Fender Hot Rod Deville. Selling the dot to my friend as soon as he gets a job though so I can buy a Strat.

Gibson es 335 and kramer Barrera

1986 Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White, Orange Tiny Terror through a peavey 115E cab. Fulltone into Crybaby.
Simple rules are the best tools.

>mfw roadster

shit man, how does it feel to be this close to the ultimate final form of boogie?

And I'm not taking the piss here about 4x12's masturraec, I'm just genuinely curious.
Does the 2x12 do it justice?

Jesus Fuck how are there so many mesa boogie richfags on Sup Forums?

I'm thinking of getting a Boogie Mark series. What are the differences in the stripes? I currently have a Bogner XTC Classic

Not at home, but...

Bugera 333XL Infinium (212 Combo)
Original Dunlop Crybaby Wah
EHX East River Drive
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss ME-70 (through FX loop)

Jackson Kelly
Custom handmade Rhoads
BC Rich Kerry King Signature
Oscar Schmidt (Washburn) Strat
Mansfield Acoustic
Unnamed Acoustic

Slight tweaks and alterations. The blue stripe is the most aggressive, the red stripe is the most raw and closest to a IIC+, the purple stripe, if you can find one, is the most mellow.

Oh and I'm referring to the Mark III series. Pretty sure they didn't use stripes on their other lines.

No pics sorry. Currently using:
Ibanez vbt700 white
H&K tri amp mk1
Mesa 4x12 oversized cab v30's
What I own:
Ltd ec1000
Ltd f500
Kramer striker 310
2 Yamaha classical
12 string takamine blonde on blonde
2 fender m80 half stacks
2 fender m80 combos
1 fender ultimate chorus combo
Tons and tons of pedals

ikr usually these threads are full of cheap shit and faggots still learning how to enter sandman

niagara citizen?

I've litterally never seen this many other boogies in 1 thread.
Heck, I've never seen this many people with boogies in real life

Excellent, I don't know a lot about them, was always looking for a good rig for metal ala Metallica-ish. IIC+ or maybe Mark 3 red stripe may be the best bet.

yeah what said.

the mark 3 uses the stripe system to indicate different tunings and basic tones

no stripe I believe are the originals, they also recieved the black stripe later on if I'm not mistaking

the green stripe and purple stripe are both slightly lower gain, green is more for crunch and purple is more for sustained blues notes

the red I believe did something IIc+ ish, but don't quote me on that it's voiced more for rock and the harder stuf

and the blue stripe, my personal favourit of the bunch is voiced with the most treble and the most "annoying" gain.
unapologetic is how I'd describe it, harsh and very in your face

there's quite a good wikipedia article on this I think, just google mesa boogie mark wikipedia and you'll land right on it

Because they are expensive. I could buy your mother and sell her into sexual slavery with what you see in this pic.

Thanks to you both, helpful Sup Forumsros

I actually got really lucky with my roadster head, came across some guy on a facebook selling page who was in desperate need to shift it since he was having to move house, managed to pick it up for £1000 and it was only a year old.
Had to drive nearly 200 miles to get it but it was worth it

thisfag

Not at all. For as much hype as they get, Mark IIC+'s aren't what most people think they are. They are raw, nasally, airy, spitty, and metallica used to run fuck loads of mid-scoop through the FX loop on them.

I've gotten better MoP tones out of rectos. I would recommend a recto above all else one way or another. Just know that tweaking your peripherals (guitar, pickups, pedals, etc.) is more critical than just turning knobs, keep the gain down enough to keep it clear and without mud and then tweak everything around it.

I use moderate gain, sometimes a low-gain preamp tube in the V1 slot as well, then use a boss SD-1 as a clean boost to get over that dynamic sensitivity that many metal players hate about rectos.

Lol, don't know why the pic is on its side. It's right way up when I view it on my computer

Fun fact for al the mark 3 owners out there

I don't know about the head versions, but on the mark 3 combos you can find the production date on the inside, written in marker on the metal plate somewhere by your preamp valves

Ok very cool. I'll just have to sit with a few and see what I think.
I'm overall happy with my Bogner XTC CLassic but I'm a thrash metal guy at heart (learned how to play by learning Rust In Peace and Ride the Lightning) so I'm missing that side of things. It's possible even a pedal would put me into the right territory.

This is exactly why there are always so many IIC+'s popping up on ebay. People buy them, sound nothing like what they thought they would, and turn around and sell them.

If you want to sound like Keith Richards, buy a Mark II.

I think they do this on all their amps, along with a signature of who inspected it. I have one inside the chassis of all three of my mesa boogie amps.

was meant for

I also lucked out. Got my IV for 1300 used with 36 month no interest financing.

I play this it has green neon strings

It's a good practice guitar I've heard it's mostly for beginners I also didn't realize it was smaller than a regular guitar but that doesn't bother me I bought it cause I liked the way it looked and the price was decent

I got a synyster gates custom s from schecter and i need to say that i'm pretty happy with it since i'm a gates fan.

still i have my old strat from a guy a garage sale.it's old but still works

This thread again? I'll bite.

6505+
Mesa recto cab
EC 1000
Epiphone Les paul with duncan alnico ii pro (total slash fag in high school)
Fender acoustic

I play mostly melodeath but love classic rock too.

Amp: Peavey Rage Rage 158
Guitar: Washburn Strato Sunburst by Oscar Schmidt

Picture was too big to load

this

don't get me wrong, I love my mark 3 and the IIc+ is a very nice amp, but it is slightly... It's more fuzzy then you porbably think. It's quite easy to go mental on the gain and presence, cutting and slashing your way through every PA you'll ever encounter, but that might not be what you're after if you want metallica tones. don't get me wrong, you'll almost always get a suitable tone out of a mark, that's their thing, they do a lot of tones and are quite versatile

but if you want actual Metallica tones (which is a valid request) you're better of with a recto. any recto will do you in fact. get the mini, slap it on a 2x12 and call it a day.

>inb4 someone saying "cranck the shit out of a plexi if you want REAL metallica"

yeah yeah they did one album on plexies. that's litterally 10% of their studio albums. the tone isn't even that nice.
fuck

Tl;dr:

get a mark IIc(+) or mark 3 if you want one, more power to you, but make sure you want it for the right reasons or you will regret it

The scale length would be what determines if it's a kids guitar or not. "beginner" guitar is a dumb term. I've played professionally for many years just fixing up 300-400 dollar guitars.

25.5 scale length is the standard strat scale length and is used on most "shredding" guitars like Ibanez and Jackson. 24/whatever is the Les Paul range.

Either of those is a full sized guitar for a grown man.

This thread is like a mesa jerk circle sheeit.

>implying circle jerks are bad

Watchu got user

It says it's 3/4 size, if that means anything, and well it is my first electric and Ive had a lot of fun learning on it I'm thinking of upgrading to one of these though cause it's bigger and has a whammy and the pickguard is the right color