Is it normal to feel extremely suicidal while listening to post-rock?

Is it normal to feel extremely suicidal while listening to post-rock?

Also, thoughts on Mogwai?

Just checked out the album. Not hating, but it seems like every song follows the same exact formula...kinda boring imo. Might be why u feel like killing yourself lol.

tracy is the only good song on that album

Mogwai Fear Satan is the greatest post-rock track ever made

>Also, thoughts on Mogwai?
Cancer of post-rock.

dude.jpg

Like Herod is probably the most impressive song on the album, and it's still way to repetitive and overlong. Same thing with the last track.

That's why Mogwai sucks and why Spiderland still endures and how the longer songs on Spiderland actually work

>thoughts on Mogwai
They're on the soundtrack of Ex Drummer so I like them.

Listen again, but without mindlessly shitposting simultaneously.
wew.wav

step aside judge. i don't have time for this

>muh trve furst wave everything else is shit

kys

Basically. It's embarrassing but I'm ultimately okay with 90% of this board calling it derivative and focusing on Father John Misty instead.

Why does Sup Forums seem to hate Mogwai? No meme answers please

See:

>Yes
>Mogwai kick ass

I like '90s Mogwai lots, some of their '00s stuff is decent too, haven't kept up with their recent output desu.

Man I like a bunch of first wave post-rock but first wave elitists are a legit cancer.

Someone doesn't like something I like!!!
>wew

Is any of their stuff other than Young Team worth a listen?

Just fascinating to see such obtusely incorrect verdicts from multiple people at once. But please dig out another spicy reaction JPG from your Sup Forums folder to let me know how you feel.

CODY and Happy Songs are good
Hawk is also decent

Come On Die Young.

My Father My King
Come On Die Young
Happy Songs for Happy People
The Hawk is Howling

Yeah, I often want to kill myself when I hear Post-Rock

not nearly as satisfactory as that death grips amirite?

how wrong can one person be

not very?

that is not the case for your post

A good post rock act is usually more focused on evoking emotion with the simplicity, like an inverse of prog rock. So if you've been feeling down or depressed lately then it's no surprise this album elicited these feelings from you.

For the rest of this thread, it's worth remembering that in the end, Mogwai is a second wave band, not a third wave. Young Team was pretty unique when it came out, it predates Lift Your Skinny Fists. I understand the hatred for some the third wave acts like Explosions and their clones (though even then not all third wavers are like that), but Mogwai is not one of those, even if they helped create crescendo-core on some level.

no, it's not, since most post-rock isn't suicide inducing.

And mogwai are overrated. Not a terrible album though

>Is it normal to feel extremely suicidal while listening to post-rock?
yes, beacuse of how shit it is

Narrow Minded Faggoty: the thread.