youtube.com/watch?v=eqpSdNe6tIo
youtube.com/watch?v=dgYHo2HV-EY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why do we need a general, again?

daily threads on the same shit happen anyway and people get troggered

Still waiting for Hooper Bay and Acid Memories... I guess

generals are penis

ORANGE

BoC are making best hip-hop beats ever, better then Madlib and Avalanches.

oh fuck off

>tfw they will never make another great album

Fuck you cunt

>General

oh fuck off

I feel like I'm the only one who loves Tomorrow's Harvest, even though it's only my third favourite it's still incredible.

There is genuinely no BoC track I dislike other than Magic Window and Zeotrope. It's not that TH was bad, but it was a disappointment for many.

is there any reasoning to the numbers in the song Aquarius?

At first they're in sequential order but then they just go random, it always me a numbers station / coded message sort of vibe.

the sum of the numbers adds up to 666

Magic Window is a fucking banger fuck off

alright alright, but zeotrope is dead.

I kinda have this project in my mind, of making "imagined" versions of their publicly unreleased albums, as in how I imagine those tracks sound like, especially Play By Numbers. Too bad my guitar and production skills are pretty basic.

Fair enough mate I'll give it to ya

in a beautiful place out in the country is the best boards of canada song and u cant prove me otherwise

Anyone seen this? I think it evokes some serious Geogaddi/MHTRTC vibes

BoC haven't released an album since 2013 what is there to talk about that hasn't been said before?

>he doesn't know

Not even best track on the EP my man
>Amo Bishop Roden

sounds autistic af, but i'd hear it..

>Trapped
>Julie and Candy
>Left Side Drive

Are you implying MHTRTC and Geo have the same vibe?

xD check recent releases

>tfw they will never make another album

Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped a The offshoot EP similar to how A Beautiful Place was Geogaddi offshoots.

I love Geogaddi but I can't seem to get into MHTRTC at all, also what are some good rare BoC tracks?

I think the next stage for BoC is not new material, but rather release unpublished ones.

That would make sense, they were supposed to have a shitton of extra material they had to cut from TH

I don't see Seven Forty Seven talked about too much. It was of the Warp boxset so not super rare.

Did I miss something? Are they finally putting shit out again?

MHTRTC is more hip-hop inspired while Geogaddi is more, well, IDM inspired.

On a side note I was just looking on yt to post some of my favorite rare BoC tracks and Jesus why do most of them have over 100,000 views? 2-3 years ago they didn't exceed 50,000.
youtube.com/watch?v=0X2cjd9MEgw
youtube.com/watch?v=Kde38eGg6K4
youtube.com/watch?v=v51mF-p5Agk
youtube.com/watch?v=hfdJMumAB8M

Finity is the most BoC track BoC ever made.

>also what are some good rare BoC tracks?

The possible Noatak

youtube.com/watch?v=SDAglAOcqy8

You're not. A lot of people just disliked it because it had a different vibe than any of their other albums.

I personally love it, I love the post-nuclear vibe it gives off. I don't think it's better than Geogaddi or Campfire Headphase, but it's still great.

That's not kid for today or sunshine recorder or split your infinities or chromakey dreamcoat

This, in all honesty. They went to shit once they abandoned their hip-hop roots in favor of chill vibes and soundscaping. TCH was too guitar-heavy, TH was too drone-heavy, neither had any rhythmic creativity going on outside of odd one-off tracks like Cold Earth and some others.

Bring back the old b-boy BoC!

youtube.com/watch?v=ohTS4URCVTw

because generals are good

God damn Peacock Tail is too good.

I've always thought more or less the same. Are there any producers/beatmaker with a similar sound to boc but a little more hip hop driven?

Is anyone willing to make a BoC chart?

>Campfire Headphase
>Geogaddi
>MHTRTC
>Twoism
>IABPOITC
>A Few Old Tunes
>Trans Canada Highway
>Tomorrow's Harvest

>tomorrow's harvest at the bottom
Wew

>He can't into CH or TH
I need m-muh beats or me no like

I hate to regurgitate that opinion, but something has to be at the bottom, and TH had some very weak vibes.

I never really understand people who can't into downtempo or instrumental hip hop. Like does some dude talking over the music really add to it that much?

>Geogaddi
>Campfire Headphase
>In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country
>Music Has the Right
>Twoism
>Tommorrow's Harvest
>Few Old Tunes
>Trans-Canada Highway

The bottom of an already strong list, at least.

A Few Old Tunes is worse though, it just feels unpolished. TH has a cohesive vision at least, and invokes a post-nuclear vibe, at least to me.

To each their own, of course. I wouldn't put Campfire on top, either. MHTRTC is supreme, but again, that was the first BoC album I encountered and clearly it has nostalgic pull, in many ways.

It's also worth noting that there is no album i don't like... They all have their ups and downs.

There already are several but why even have a chart? Just listen to shit.

>Geogaddi
>MHTRTC
>Twosim
>Tomorrow's Harvest
>Campfire Headphase
>A Few Old Tunes
>IABPOITC
>Trans-canada highway

out of boredom...

Anyone else really want to hear this? I'm dying to know what 80s BoC sounded like.

youtube.com/watch?v=98MHBsPYCg0

Reminder to listen to Christ.'s Curio compilations of early material. The guy was a member of BoC until they got big with Twoism, and his compilations contain lots of tracks with that Old Tunes sound in them. Volume 2 is my personal favorite.

youtube.com/watch?v=h_0t386MLcU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ej8mT0UDwkc

>he hasn't listened to 9/5/78

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3A786lOX8jc

more like bores of canada

I'm here to say that TCH is their best album, their remixes, but esp. this one is slept on

youtube.com/watch?v=sHSr1WVgx9w

>he's never been to Sup Forums

Generals are love

Never knew that. That's fucked.

what number does sixtyten equal? 70?

Made a chart, sorry it's shitty first time I've ever made one.

>666 = 6 + 6 + 6 = 18 = 1 + 8 = 9
>69 = 6 + 9 = 15 = 1 + 5 = 6
holy fuck

I can't stand Campfire, I even deleted it from my hard drive, what am I missing?

No... It doesn't. Even without accounting for the "sixy-ten" the total is 1911.

>Seven Forty Seven

best BoC track

Listen to Oscar See Through Red Eye, if you still don't get it then you just aren't into that vibe, which is cool.

It's just not for you. It's cool senpai, no one is forcing you to like it.

I just like the chill psych vibe it gives off, probably my most listened too BoC album.

Plus if you ever try any hallucinogens, CH is an awesome trip.

TCH just makes me want to listen to Air instead

1911 is the year Satan was born

whats their most comfy album

Random 35 Tracks Tape

What?
They don't even sound remotely similar. That's like saying listening to Aphex makes me want to just listen to Daft Punk instead.

This coming from someone who loves CH and Moon Safari. Just listen

youtube.com/watch?v=GbfI4tV6Nvs
youtube.com/watch?v=U4U19zwFENs

Why doesn't anyone talk about this? It's like one of the best EPs of all time

I meant the whole psych rock/trip-hop influenced sound. Air does it better imho.

youtube.com/watch?v=TjFDlM-3JBo

That's the first of their work I bought. Many a tasty beat.

I've never understood why MHTRTC is so praised, TCH is so much more dynamic and "rich" in every single way.

The sum of numbers 1 to 36 adds to 666 - after 36 is when all the counting goes out of order.

All of the songs on Hi Scores appear on other BoC releases.

Everything you do is a Balloon is still one of my favorite BoC tracks tho.

>All of the songs
Turquoise Hexagon Sun found it's way on MHTRTC. Hi Scores (the track) and Nlogax appear on the commercially unreleased BoC Maxima while the remaining 3 tracks are exclusive to the EP.

If we're talking wide commercial releases, only two. Even though, it's the best sounding you'll ever get, especially the 2014 edition

What about on BoC maxima?

>Hi Scores (the track) and Nlogax appear on the commercially unreleased BoC Maxima
>Hi Scores

Don't you mean June 9th

Palace Posy, Cold Earth, Come To Dust, New Seeds and Reach for the Dead are some of the best tracks they've ever made.

>buckie high
my man

Kiteracer 2
Nlogax
Poppy Seed
Orange Romeda
Orange Hexagon Sun
Mukinabaht
Echus
Prime Audio Soup Remix

just so many, user. the two old tunes tapes are really worth checking out, even though some of the filler is kinda bad.

This tune is so weird, you can tell it's a Christ. track rather than a BoC track.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmOCvON8BuE

GET A DEVIL

Celebrate good times my man

I would love to hear it.

Has anyone listened to the original LP version of Sixtyniner? Apparently it's 20-30 seconds longer

There's a bunch of Bandcamp artists with a similar sound, because everyone wants to replicate it. Check out pilotredsun for a more fun and light-hearted sound. Ital Tek has a similar ambience vibe to Tomorrow's Harvest. You might also like Tomppabeat's Harbor LP, it's a chill mainly hip-hop album.

none of those are hip-hop driven retard

Hip hop can literally be anything, retard.

Neither is BoC fuckwad

wrong

retard

Some of BoC's early work sounds way to upbeat for their sound.
youtube.com/watch?v=eqpSdNe6tIo

While on the topic of BoC and hip-hop, I thought the beat on this sounded a lot like something from Geogaddi.
youtube.com/watch?v=dgYHo2HV-EY

...what?