What is Sup Forums's opinion on vikings? Is it worth watching? Can it ease GoT withdrawals?

What is Sup Forums's opinion on vikings? Is it worth watching? Can it ease GoT withdrawals?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-SUpsLxUrKQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

vikings is objectively better than GoT tbqh

>objectively better than GoT

The first 2 seasons are great. The rest is mostly shit, with few good episodes here and there.

It's also not historically accurate.

Nah it's pretty shit tbqh, last season was a bit of a disgrace, show lacks direction, weird pacing no real payoff uninteresting plotlines

this desu.

Well it is.

The production value and overall quality is much, much better than GoT. The set design, costumes, choreography, story, characters, etc, all better than GoT

S3 was best season

only correct answer

>Set design
The set design is fairly unambitious, so no wonder it generally holds a more solid quality
>costumes
Maybe in the later seasons, but GoT has much more imaginative costumes, with Vikings they're safer and easier to design
>Choreography
It's more consistent but GoT has some pretty amazing choreography especially in the earlier seasons
>story
I guess this is subjective but I found the story to be pretty uninteresting. There's also some major issues with the pacing and direction
>characters
GoT blows Vikings out of the water in this aspect, which even though D&D butchered many of them they are still great because of how based on GRRM's work they are

Too historically inaccurate, too non-white southener actors.

>The production value and overall quality is much, much better than GoT
Never seen Vikings but how can this be true? No way History channel can compete with HBO's mega budget

Vikings is more confined to smaller areas and doesn't have huge expensive areas like GoT does, it's less varied and is more set in places like open grasslands

This leads to a more consistent quality in sets

Just watch an episode and you'll see what I mean

>GoT blows Vikings out of the water in terms of characters
>the mother of burgers
>le bad poozey
>le quipping dwarf
>feminist pandering heroins

Hahaha holy shit

Why do women pretend to like game of thrones or vikings or medieval fantasy kino in general? I fucking hate this

>it's a bjorn guts some poor traveler like a fish for his jewelry episode

Viking is great and will definitely fill the GoT void.
Travis Fimmel does a great job as Ragnar, anyone who can pull off a convincing crazy not over the top mad-hatter shit is goat in my book.
I like how they deal with the transition of time. GoT you cant really tell how much time has passed, even though its meant to be years.
Whereas in Vikings children grow, characters change their style of clothing, hair/beard, get more tattoos or change their war paint season to season.

Mentioning the worst characters of the cast doesn't really prove anything. Yes, GoT has shit characters like Sand Snakes, meanwhile Vikings has almost no memorable characters

Vikings is produced my MGM Studios for History Channel. They have all the money they need.

loved his badass wilderness survival training
also in the battle of last season he never got wounded as per his namesake "ironside"

I never liked floki until the end of season 4 where I saw old man loki with the shaved head and all the runes tattooed on his scalp building the ships that I started getting into his character's overall aesthetic

seasons 1 through 3 of vikings is my favorite show ever, but in season 4 they decided they needed 20 episodes instead of 10 so the pacing is all off and there is a whole lot of nothing with some cool moments here and there. but it's still one of the best shows desu. Also vikings has Katheryn Winnick, GoT doesn't.

>but in season 4 they decided they needed 20 episodes instead of 10

Why did they do this?

they got a bigger budget.

Seriously? Well that would explain why S4 didn't look any different from the other seasons

Literally no a single black person in this show

Vikings is one of those shows that everyone seems to really like for some reason, even though it is terrible. I only got to half way through the second season and I had to drop it. The Lagartha scenes are just awful and most of the battle/fight scenes were so ridiculous I had to wonder if there was some joke I was missing. Pure trash.

the issue is that you have shit taste, not that the show is bad.

Not nordics either

Plebs like plebshit. No mystery there. It was the same deal with that Spartacus show.

Floki is an odd one for me. I liked his aesthetic, mysticism, touched by the gods thing. He started off kinda cool building awesome boats, joining the raids and fighting. Then I thought he was a dick for some reason. Then he would do something cool again. Then he killed athelstan and that put him on the shit list again. Then he got tortured and saved by Ragnar, so its all good. But then... etc.

Tbh i only really liked the first season, haven't bothered to watch the fifth yet
to me it seems like all that unique and interesting atmosphere from the very first eps got lost and now everything's just a repetitive nonsensical storyline with some weird mid-season-10-years-jumps

No it is one of the most retarded shows I have ever watched, rife with inconsistencies and revisionism. I have no respect for anyone who enjoys watching it.

Oh look a 16th century burgonet helmet on a fucking anglo-saxon warrior, what on earth were the costume designers smoking when they came up with this shit?

user im all for historical accuracy in media but saying the whole show is shit because of some inaccuracies is just as autistic as some warcraft nerd hating the movie because they changed some of the lore. The fact is that the show/movie are built for the largest audience possible and only a tiny minority of people care about historical accuracy and shit.

>rife with inconsistencies and revisionism
>in a dramatisation about vikings
>being this buttblasted about it

How autistic can one man be?

What other show has vikings happily singing after a good ol' fashioned rape?

youtube.com/watch?v=-SUpsLxUrKQ

I think it's a better put together story than GoT. The last season was a bit meh though.

I just remembered something else
>portraying the english kingdoms as wealthy when they were actually very poor at that time.
How can you guys watch this show without feeling a sickening level of cringe?